PET steady high

Lap 2
RIC focus high, ERS, pace up
BRI aggressive high, ERS, pace up
BEL safe high, ERS, play safe
PET steady high, ERS, pace up

upload_2018-8-27_9-45-57.png

upload_2018-8-27_9-46-11.png

@Aidan Keranen - A fantastic season for the organization, with Keranen Motorsport also taking a victory, but are you also disappointed to lose the title while you were so close? Your thoughts on the season?
@kedy89 - Yet another title, was this one the hardest to achieve? Your thoughts on the season?
@Milos - Lack of motivation struck the team hard, especially in the last few races. But will we see ART fighting for title next year? Your thoughts on the season?
@Jimlaad43 - Felix had a quiet, but a very consistent season. Are you happy with his performance? Your thoughts on the season?
@rubaru - Seeing your drivers making a lot of mistakes, will we see a line-up change for the next season? Your thoughts on the season?
@TTupsi - It was probably another year of development for the team, but will we finally see you fighting for top in the last season? Your thoughts on the season?
@Azabadaza - Must have been a disappointing season for you. What was the problem exactly? Car, drivers or simply misfortune? Your thoughts on the season?
@Sasha Jednak - It was a solid return for Red Night and Thunderstorm, however you need to find pace for he last season showdown, do you have plans? Your thoughts on the season?
@Slyfrequency - After the fantastic season 8, this season must have come as a shock. What went wrong exactly? Will you bounce back in the last season? Your thoughts on the season?
@ME9Swe - Many good results were missed due to unlucky circumstances this season. Do you see this as a positive indicator for the next season as you have the pace? Your thoughts on the season?

CONGRATS TO DANIEL RICCIARDO! He achieves his 2nd title and once again does it with BRT!
upload_2018-8-27_9-56-52.png

CONGRATS TO BRT, 6th title for the team, it is the 6 out of 7 seasons!
upload_2018-8-27_9-57-4.png

SPICY SEASON
In 7 races, we had 6 different winners. Different setups and various strategies brought unpredictability to the table. BRT drivers and Hakkinen rose above with consistency among this environment.
  1. Ricciardo - 2 wins
  2. Hakkinen - 1 win
  3. Peterson - 1 win
  4. Norris - 1 win
  5. Bellof - 1 win
  6. Watson - 1 win
Qualifying sessions were mostly dominated by Silver Soul as the team managed to build a one-lap wonder chassis.
  1. Bellof - 3 poles
  2. Peterson - 2 poles
  3. Hakkinen - 1 pole
  4. Ricciardo - 1 pole
Fastest laps were not indicative in the rainy races, but Hakkinen proved his speed in this area.
  1. Hakkinen - 2 FLs
  2. Watson - 1
  3. Bellof - 1
  4. Ricciardo - 1
  5. Briscoe - 1
  6. Peterson - 1
Excluding the wins, Briscoe stepped on podium the most.
  1. Briscoe - 4 podiums (2nds and 3rds)
  2. Ricciardo, Hakkinen - 3 podiums
  3. Alonso, Bellof, Peterson, Norris - 1 podium
Rosenqvist was the consistency master of the season. Without any pole, FL, podium finish and win, he managed to finish the season at 4th place. He came 4th and 6th two times both. On regards the consistency, here is the list of drivers who finished all 7 races:
  • Ricciardo
  • Hakkinen
  • Briscoe
  • Rosenqvist
  • Vettel
Vettel is the highlight of this list as Red Night proved a strong and consistent showing after the team's long hiatus.

HUGE Thanks to everyone played and realized this great season. It was exciting and entertaining for me, I hope you also enjoyed. See you again at the next season which is also the last season to be planned. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Slyfrequency - After the fantastic season 8, this season must have come as a shock. What went wrong exactly? Will you bounce back in the last season? Your thoughts on the season?

Tried different things this season, next season we'll make some changes so we're more competitive, we're working on communication and hiring better mechanics. Didn't hit our target of beating our rivals from S8 (Ram F1). Hopefully Season 10 will be our best!

@Milos - Lack of motivation struck the team hard, especially in the last few races. But will we see ART fighting for title next year? Your thoughts on the season?
Hard to stay motivated after being struck by a non functional engine heating system and a collision retirement.
Not sure if I'm willing to continue until the game becomes easier to play. So much work needed for no reward.

@Aidan Keranen - A fantastic season for the organization, with Keranen Motorsport also taking a victory, but are you also disappointed to lose the title while you were so close? Your thoughts on the season?
Yeah it's a bit tough, we were a bit weak in the early season, the first two races were our worst by far, and we only needed a few extra points to bring the title home. So on that hand, disappointing.
But that'd be unfair to quite an amazing season for us, we pulled some wins, both of which make me very proud. We're on the up and I think we've got a good chance to snatch a title or two away next season for sure.

(side note Omer, I think Button was due the 800 for the VIP drive?)

@kedy89 - Yet another title, was this one the hardest to achieve? Your thoughts on the season?
Even though it got quite close in the end, it didn't really feel like it during the season. For the most time we had a rather comfortable gap, only the abysmal result at the Belgium GP that made things interesting again. Overall, the titles in all S3, S4, and S6 felt harder to achieve.

I think looking at the whole picture, this season was the best in a while. The grid got bigger again, the gaps between the engines shrunk massively, some teams were running interesting strategies with their setups, and sister teams finally received a similar treatment as main teams again.

As for my two teams, the season hardly could've been any better. For BRT the 6th constructors' and 7th drivers' title, really an incredible achievement. Consistency was key once again, as we haven't been as dominant as in previous seasons. 2 wins actually is the fewest we had since Season 3. For Silver Soul the first wins in the team's history and a strong 3rd place in the standings. After the heartbreak at last season's final round, it was important to see that rules allowed us to be competitive again. Weak point this season really was strategy, as too often we were mainly focused on the quali performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back