RD Formula Manager - Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sasha Jednak - It was a solid return for Red Night and Thunderstorm, however you need to find pace for he last season showdown, do you have plans? Your thoughts on the season?

First of all, well done to the winners, both championship and all the races. :thumbsup:

As for us, we started season strong, and with a bit of luck in first 3 races it looked very good. But then we got into trouble and lost some interest in results, so we finished as we did. All in all after "interesting tactics" with Peterson's bid, we knew that our season will be fight for survival, and we are happy that we could at least have some on track fights during a season. Also being only team next to BRT with both drivers finishing all races, is great achievement. :)
As for next season, we will see what are "Bernie's" plans for future after that season. Then we will see if it is worth giving it all or just chilling at the back and waiting for some better times. ;)

@Azabadaza - Must have been a disappointing season for you. What was the problem exactly? Car, drivers or simply misfortune? Your thoughts on the season?
It was a poor season, but not disappointing overall. It was always planned for this to be a transitional season after a number of years being close, but not close enough. We came into this year with a plan to upgrade the power unit for a shot at the title next season, knowing that it would throw away this season.
The season started poorly due mainly to a transitioning pit wall, organisational skills were non-existent. Throughout this time, Rossi retired in each of the first 3 races, and Hulk finished 20th before retiring, then came out of nowhere to snatch a 3rd. This kickstarted the season, but we were too far behind to catch up. Both drivers finished every race onwards, apart from Rossi's inexcusable crash at Brazil.
This is a season we will quickly forget, however it was an important season we needed to have in order to build into next year.

Thanks for the season Omer!!

@ME9Swe - Many good results were missed due to unlucky circumstances this season. Do you see this as a positive indicator for the next season as you have the pace? Your thoughts on the season?

I would Certainly view this as a positive aspect of our season. We know we have the pace to get consistent points, so if we can iron out our bad luck, we good be in a very good position

In-terms of our season as a whole, Like I said before, most races we had the pace to run deep in the midfield. I was really happy on how Both our drivers performed during the season. Despite all the bad times, those two dug deep and still managed to get the job done.

@TTupsi - It was probably another year of development for the team, but will we finally see you fighting for top in the last season? Your thoughts on the season?
It wasn't the kind of season we were hoping for. Reliability issues mired the first half of our season and meant we had no chance of a good results after the first couple of rounds. However, I'm happy with the amount of work we were able to do at Audrey Engineering, the engine is one of the stronger ones on the grid - although still a rather fragile one. Overall we believe we can be contenders next season if we can hold on to our drivers who have done marvellous job these past season with us.

@rubaru - Seeing your drivers making a lot of mistakes, will we see a line-up change for the next season? Your thoughts on the season?
Mistakes, or reliability issues with the car? Sometimes both. It happens. But no, not a big lineup change. I'm expecting someone to re-sign with us, but it's up to him.
Season was not our best. P2 last season, dropping now to P8....not ideal obviously. I think if we finished more races on the points, we could have been fighting for 4th. Certainly our worst season since Season 5, and looking forward to the off-season where we can hopefully recover some lost ground.

@Jimlaad43 - Felix had a quiet, but a very consistent season. Are you happy with his performance? Your thoughts on the season?
The season started off with relatively high effort to try and move up the grid, but it didn't really work. Some point into the season I realised I could get the same result by not trying, and it came partially true, if there were a few (by that I mean a lot) near misses with forgotten orders.

That said, I think this season was the best showing for my team in both championships (IIRC), just a shame we couldn't quite get podiums out of it.

Still, I'm glad the Delacroix engine was as strong as it was, as most of my season was spent trying to make the engine competitive for my customers to have the best chance of fighting the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%