AC Rd 1 F3 Championship Bahrain International Circuit- Thursday 29th Feb.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Rd 1 of the Q1 F3 Championship

Bahrain GP 29th February 2024.

4671.tmp.jpg

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to drive a single seater around the same circuit as the F1 drivers? Well here is your chance, as we will drive on the Bahrain GP circuit just a few days before the real F1 race.
1708669054514.png

Not registered yet?

Register on our championship page here. (You only have to do it once).

The race format for this round is:

Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | - Race Start
  • One 60 minute race with mandatory pit stop (put at least 1 litre fuel into your car, tyres optional)
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • DRS is enabled. (make sure you have a button mapped). 3 DRS zones here.
  • Daylight(Weather conditions can be found on the events tab on the Championship link)
Further info can be found on the Q1Championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS.

We look forward to seeing you on track!

Last edited:
I've just done my first few laps of practice - is this the best version of Bahrain on Race Department? It seems pretty far off to me... :O_o:
As far as I am aware it is the only version available Joseph, it's the version we ran last year with the Formula Agile and I don't recall any issues.
What do you mean by " far off" and do you know of a better version on RD?

Last edited:
As far as I am aware it is the only version available Joseph, it's the version we ran last year with the Formula Agile and I don't recall any issues.
What do you mean by " far off" and do you know of a better version on RD?
I don't unfortunately. I just mean the track model is not particularly accurate as far as I can tell, comparing it to a laser scanned version I have, laser scans in other games and the real footage. The elevation change is wrong, the camber is off on many of the corners, and even the track width and angle of the corners if wrong in places. Plus it has these weird lumps in certain places around the track that feel a bit like joins in the 3d model.

No biggy - just have to adapt. Just weird driving it since it feels like a different track hahaha

I don't unfortunately. I just mean the track model is not particularly accurate as far as I can tell, comparing it to a laser scanned version I have, laser scans in other games and the real footage. The elevation change is wrong, the camber is off on many of the corners, and even the track width and angle of the corners if wrong in places. Plus it has these weird lumps in certain places around the track that feel a bit like joins in the 3d model.

No biggy - just have to adapt. Just weird driving it since it feels like a different track hahaha
Thanks for the feedback Joseph.:thumbsup:
Having never driven on any other version of this track I can't compare, but I think we all have experience of better versions of various tracks.
I'm practicing at Snetterton at the moment and it's a track I know very well IRL having done many track days there, but the version we are limited to on RD is very poor in comparison to real life and the RT version.

Hi all,
Only four days to go before the opening race in the 2024 Spring season of F3 races in Bahrain.

There are a couple of new very nice custom skins to add from Joseph and Allard.
You can either download the complete set of skins again from the first post and add to your car folder or just add these two;

The Practice server is running and it's looking like being very competitive in the desert sands!

See you Thursday at 20.00 CET/19.00 UTC- Official Practice is 60 minutes, Qualifying starts at 21:00 CET/20:00 UTC) - 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Only four days to go before the opening race in the 2024 Spring season of F3 races in Bahrain.

There are a couple of new very nice custom skins to add from Joseph and Allard.
You can either download the complete set of skins again from the first post and add to your car folder or just add these two;

The Practice server is running and it's looking like being very competitive in the desert sands!

See you Thursday at 20.00 CET/19.00 UTC- Official Practice is 60 minutes, Qualifying starts at 21:00 CET/20:00 UTC) - 20 minutes.

Link to the thread where the "first post is"

If anyone is stuck for the password, it's the same as other mid-week races. PM me if you are not sure.

Remember-Qualifying starts at 21:00 CET/20:00 UTC) - 20 minutes.

See you there!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea