AC Rd 1 F3 Championship Bahrain International Circuit- Thursday 29th Feb.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First of all sorry to Joseph Elton for collision in turn 1. Was not too late on the brakes but locked tires. Glad you could go on.
Was a great race, again racing in VR with Quest 2. Had a good consistency but still there is more pace to find. Still not knowing how to set up this car so I need to test more what is useful.

Thx all and cu.

First of all sorry to Joseph Elton for collision in turn 1. Was not too late on the brakes but locked tires. Glad you could go on.
Was a great race, again racing in VR with Quest 2. Had a good consistency but still there is more pace to find. Still not knowing how to set up this car so I need to test more what is useful.

Thx all and cu.
All good, mate. T1 is what it is - I know it's easy to get over ambitious on the inside.

Thanks for a great event, guys. Shame I couldn't have a proper race. Plenty of racing driver excuses I could make but made a silly mistake which put me down which was really on me - this is what happens when you only race about once a year! Looking forward to getting back into it though!

Annoyingly, though, it was my wheel switching itself off that ended it for me - I'll have to look into it. I've been having a lot of issues with my T300 recently. Does anyone else have that wheel and been having issues? Maybe it's just shaders patch being shaders patch...

Anyway, see you all next week! :D

…that was an hour long struggle :confused::O_o: hardly any preparation doesn’t work for me in this car. Needs more practice. The setup Joseph shared helped me find about two seconds, but still miles away from mid pack, let alone aliens at the head of the race.
Tried to get my &ss out of the way with blue flags and just did my own thing; learning the car, finding its limits the hard way :cool: luckily no colleagues were harmed during the process :p (only Andre, when I overshot T1 and parked mid corner, sorry Andre!)

Thanks for racing guys, congrats to the podiums and thanks Paul!

Last edited:
Well, I think we all knew we had been in a race after that one!

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_bahrain_international_circuit_29-1-124-21-59-40.jpg

Well done to Allard in the stunning Formula Velocity RSS V6 for the win, Fulvio for P2 (and fastest lap) and Thomas for the final step on the podium.

Allard made a good start from pole to lead into the braking zone for T1 while Joseph got a great launch from P4 to slot into second place, but a fast incoming Thomas locked his cold tyres and contact with Joseph was inevitable. Laurent had to go wide to miss the incident which allowed Hank though to chase Allard into the first DRS zone.

Another cold tyre incident at T4 (I was collateral damage) allowed Fulvio to pass several cars in his usual quest to go from last to first. Further down the field there were some great battles with Richard and Han having a notable tussle for several laps and Colin and Dai mixing it further back.

It was really good to have so many drivers at the start and made it look and feel like a proper race.
As mentioned in the after race chat, we will try to get the skin issue resolved before next week and sorry to Allan for the problems getting into the server. The link to the track was in the race post text just under the image but with everything going on just before the start I missed it, lessons learnt, I’ll make it easy to find next time.

Thanks again for entering, here's looking forward to next Thursday in Jeddah with two 25 minute sprint races and a reverse grid for the 'Magnificent Seven'.
For more info click here.

P.S. Thanks to Bouke for super quick results posting!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Maybe it's just shaders patch being shaders patch...
Interesting... My last two races were significantly influenced by misfires from the steering wheel. I've already thought about what that could be. Whether on AC itself or on the steering wheel. Then I realized that I recently set CSP to the latest version. But I couldn't imagine that it could have anything to do with it. Today I had another misfire (luckily when driving straight ahead at full throttle). But then I thought to myself, after the race I'll reset it to f 0.1.79.

Let's see what happens at the next race.

Well, I think we all knew we had been in a race after that one!

View attachment 734382
Well done to Allard in the stunning Formula Velocity RSS V6 for the win, Fulvio for P2 (and fastest lap) and Thomas for the final step on the podium.

Allard made a good start from pole to lead into the braking zone for T1 while Joseph got a great launch from P4 to slot into second place, but a fast incoming Thomas locked his cold tyres and contact with Joseph was inevitable. Laurent had to go wide to miss the incident which allowed Hank though to chase Allard into the first DRS zone.

Another cold tyre incident at T4 (I was collateral damage) allowed Fulvio to pass several cars in his usual quest to go from last to first. Further down the field there were some great battles with Richard and Han having a notable tussle for several laps and Colin and Dai mixing it further back.

It was really good to have so many drivers at the start and made it look and feel like a proper race.
As mentioned in the after race chat, we will try to get the skin issue resolved before next week and sorry to Allan for the problems getting into the server. The link to the track was in the race post text just under the image but with everything going on just before the start I missed it, lessons learnt, I’ll make it easy to find next time.

Thanks again for entering, here's looking forward to next Thursday in Jeddah with two 25 minute sprint races and a reverse grid for the 'Magnificent Seven'.
For more info click here.

P.S. Thanks to Bouke for super quick results posting!:thumbsup:
Nice summary of the race Paul and thanks for organizing the race!
It was great to have such a good sized field that we all had some one to race with.
See you all next week!

This race was a humbling experience that brought me back down to earth. I entered completely inexperienced, downloading the F3 car just minutes before the first practice session. I made some setup adjustments based on guesswork, aiming to optimize performance for the track before heading out.

The car's handling was decent, but achieving speed required fine-tuning the setup to shave off precious tenths from my lap times.

I treated this race as a test session to gauge my pace, yet I'm hopeful for more practice time in the future.

Looking forward to the next challenge. Thanks for organising!

Hopefully I have now sorted the skin problems. There were some conflicts with some skins. I have re-uploaded the car on the server with all the skin packs available so your favourite should be there now.
Many thanks to Colin with his instructions and Joseph for his help, do this and all should be OK now.:thumbsup:

o Unregister from the championship
o Delete the car
o Reinstall the car
o Delete the skins directory from the car
o Manually copy the new skins folder into the car folder
o Re-register for the championship and pick a skin
o Rebooted your PC

I have updated the Championship page so any new registrations should be OK.
Apologies for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
Hopefully I have now sorted the skin problems. There were some conflicts with some skins. I have re-uploaded the car on the server with all the skin packs available so your favourite should be there now.
Many thanks to Colin with his instructions, do this and all should be OK now.:thumbsup:

o Unregister from the championship
o Delete the car
o Reinstall the car
o Delete the skins directory from the car
o Manually copy the new skins folder into the car folder
o Re-register for the championship and pick a skin
o Rebooted your PC

I have updated the Championship page so any new registrations should be OK.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
Reboot the PC?????

I am a bit surprised by all the tire lockups that happened from almost anyone I saw (including me I guess). The tires were not being flat spotted and it didn't seem to affect the tire wear. Not very realistic it seems. Anybody knows more about that?

Otherwise the car feels great. Not easy to set up, I'm still struggling to get it the way I want.

I think keeping your foot to the floor is the main problem for lock ups. I watched the AI break and it slowly (relatively speaking) releases the brake as the downforce drops. So it's needs a bit more finesse that I'm used too :)

I think keeping your foot to the floor is the main problem for lock ups. I watched the AI break and it slowly (relatively speaking) releases the brake as the downforce drops. So it's needs a bit more finesse that I'm used too :)
That's not what I meant, if you don't brake too hard you wont lock up. What I meant is that you can do it and get away with it. I saw a lot of people locking up (on purpose I think). Doesn't cause flat spots on this car or excessive tire wear. Lock up like that once on slicks and you should pit for new tires due to the massive flat spots. Sorry for being Mr. Realistic again :redface:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea