[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I changed what you mentioned and still same issue happens. Here's what I have typed in the config files for each car and here's a screenshot of the in-game RARE Compound settings for each car.
Screenshot (56).png

[COMPOUNDS]
COMPOUND_TARGET_MATERIAL=RSS_T1
SOFT_COMPOUND=2
MEDIUM_COMPOUND=3
HARD_COMPOUND=4
INTER_COMPOUND=5
WET_COMPOUND=6
SOFT_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=C3
MEDIUM_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=C2
HARD_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=C1
INTER_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=Inter
WET_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=WETs

Is there supposed to be values inputted under the Track Specific Compounds in the screenshot?

Also I found out that in the tyrecompounds config file under apps>lua>RARE>data>tyre_compounds, I have this in each car config. I have a feeling this could be the culprit.

[COMPOUNDS]
DEFAULT_COMPOUNDS=2,3,4
SOFT_COMPOUND_TEXTURE="C4"
MEDIUM_COMPOUND_TEXTURE="C3"
HARD_COMPOUND_TEXTURE="C2"

[acu_cota_2021]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[bahrain_2020]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[jeddah21]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[acf_portimao]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[imola]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[istanbul_park]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

This is config from older version.
Delete
I changed what you mentioned and still same issue happens. Here's what I have typed in the config files for each car and here's a screenshot of the in-game RARE Compound settings for each car.
View attachment 663369

[COMPOUNDS]
SOFT_COMPOUND=2
MEDIUM_COMPOUND=3
HARD_COMPOUND=4
INTER_COMPOUND=5
WET_COMPOUND=6
SOFT_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=C3
MEDIUM_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=C2
HARD_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=C1
INTER_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=Inter
WET_COMPOUND_TEXTURE=WETs

Is there supposed to be values inputted under the Track Specific Compounds in the screenshot?

Also I found out that in the tyrecompounds config file under apps>lua>RARE>data>tyre_compounds, I have this in each car config. I have a feeling this could be the culprit.

[COMPOUNDS]
DEFAULT_COMPOUNDS=2,3,4
SOFT_COMPOUND_TEXTURE="C4"
MEDIUM_COMPOUND_TEXTURE="C3"
HARD_COMPOUND_TEXTURE="C2"

[acu_cota_2021]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[bahrain_2020]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[jeddah21]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[acf_portimao]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[imola]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4

[istanbul_park]
COMPOUNDS=2,3,4
This is from the old version.
delete:
apps\lua\RARE\
extension\lua\online\
lua\rare\

and reinstall new version.

Delete

This is from the old version.
delete:
apps\lua\RARE\
extension\lua\online\
lua\rare\

and reinstall new version.
Welp, I don't see an extension file after going into apps>lua>RARE. I'm just gonna do a clean install. To fully delete RARE I can just delete the RARE folder in apps>lua?

quick question, in the file drivers.ini i see a list of AI
ex: [AI_1]...
does it need to match the AIs we setup let's say for race ?
ex:
[AI_1]
AI_LEVEL=0.99262875318527
AI_THROTTLE_LIMIT=0.98771458864212
AI_AGGRESSION=0

if i set in a race the first AI as let's say Gotifi (Latifi) that will mean he might be the fastest right ? in other words how can i make a realistic grid ?
Hi Thenotorious, where did you found the drivers.ini file?

Once again, I update the app and it stops working. This time I have a message from lua debug, so please help when you have the time.

Attachments

• RARE.png
    RARE.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 48
Schmawlik updated [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements with a new update entry:

Patreon and Previews

Hey all,

I've been away for a while working on a secret project, but I'm back and and ready to further update RARE.

To help ensure the quality of the mods, to prevent the headaches of dealing with preview versions on RaceDepartment, and to allow anyone to support me further, I have setup a Patreon page and a supporter's discord server. I'd like to continue to make things for the AC community, and Patreon is the solution I have decided on using to help fulfill that wish.

I will CONTINUE to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good day! I have a question, does it work on servers? I host on ACSMP and would like to implement the DRS rule, how do I go about testing that?

quick question.

is it possible to prevent the usage of tyres that are not permit ? cause when you select a tyre that is not default, as an exemple the C5 you get RAre an error as occured in the bottom left corner

No matter what settings I make, I'm too slow compared to the AI.
I'm driving the Loire 07 on Sebring and the AI always drives Laps around 1:51.xxx.
When I try to set the RELATIVE_SCALING or the AI level in the CM nothing happens.

In the RARE debug window I see on the AI Tab that strangely the Level is always:
[83.04] 100
The 100 is always fixed and never changes.
So I guess it's no wonder the AI isn't slowing down.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:
(drivers.lua, Line 93)
physics.setAILevel(self.index, 1)
That seems a bit weird, the AI will always have level 100?

Shouldn't it be
physics.setAILevel(self.index, self.aiLevel)
?

Last edited:
First of all, congrats for the amazing job, my friend.
My issue is, the mod is affect Qualify time skills of IA and when i change de dificulty of the IA Strengh in the CM, dosent work in game. The IA still making some excessive quick time.
So, can i just disable the IA resource and still keep the rules of DRS, Tyres, Fuel and etc ? I already try disable this option before but, dosent disable before Qualify.

Hello I wanted to tell you that the rss formula 3 has a problem with the textures of the tires and in qualification the AI does not take the softs . (The mod is incredible it changes the experience in games)

Last edited:
Once again, thank you very much for the great tireless work.

A question that comes to me: Is it possible to integrate blue flags (perhaps in the form of starting ballast or restrictor for the surpassed when someone who is one lap ahead approaches?) ?

That would be a game changer, especially on narrow street circuits, certain races are not so easy to master.

Last edited:
How do you get the 'Rules and race enchantments button to show, when I load into a new track there is no button to make a rare version of the track
In pits - setup screen. If there is no button then take a look in data/surfaces.ini
At the end of file, delete lines:
[_SCRIPTING_PHYSICS]
ALLOW_APPS=1

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back