[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Like some other's, ive been at it for 2 hours now and still can not get this thing to work. Would be cool to have a step by step video of this specific app as im desperate for proper DRS... i wont succumb to buying F1 22, yet....
Any help much appreciated. Ive followed it all to the letter. No luck at all yet.

EDIT: Finally got it working on RRS EVO X. Installed version 1.78 again and all seems fine. Just can not get any of it to work with 1.78prev.1

Last edited:
Hey all,
I think the confusion comes from how CM handles CSP's extended physics. I was under the assumption that I did everything to the letter and the app still didn't work, until I realized that even when the 'Use extended physics (global)' is ticked at the Drive menu, it doesn't necessarily flags every car for some unknown reason (in my experience).

The most fool proof method is doing everything manually, so you can make sure that everything is in place that's needed. Here's what I did (every single car behaves as expected this way):

1. Unpack car data in CM.
  2. Copy script.lua inside the new data folder.
  3. Open car.ini with a text editor (notepad will do) and insert extended-2 as VERSION right under the [HEADER], so it looks exactly like this
    Code:
    [HEADER]
    VERSION=extended-2
    then save the file.
  4. Go back to CM and click Pack data.
  5. Delete the data folder.

The installation of the app itself is pretty straight forward. It's not a usual app, that's why some people couldn't find it in CM's APP section. You can find it under CONTENT/MISCELLANEOUS/LUA APPS. It doesn't have to be activated.

Another confusing thing can come from the DRS detection points at some circuits. Remember, the 1 sec distance is measured at this point and not at the begining of the DRS zone itself. At some races, I could swear I was within this 1 sec distance but in fact I wasn't. Next lap, when I got closer to the opponent's rear at the detection point, I could open the wing, no problem. Just be patient because sometimes it looks like the app isn't working properly and it doesn't let you use DRS at all but that's not the case.

The list above contains some optional steps but as I wrote, this is the fool proof method, or at least this is how I've made the app work perfectly.

From that point, I had some of my best offline single seater racing experiences ever. RSS F2 cars, RSS 2013, 2021, 2022 F1 cars, VRC 2022 F1 cars... you name it... it works flawlessly now! Real game changer work, much appreciated!

I'm just wondering - as it was mentioned before - if other rules can be implemented, like the tyre rules, or (my biggest dream) rolling starts which would be great for GT/endurance/oval racing but it can be a cool feature at other disciplines as well, when the weather is too hazardous at the start (heavy rain).

@Schmawlik
After some race all works good.
Is it possible to add a "beep" sound when drs is available?
ACRL DRS have it and it's very useful.
Thanks.

EDIT: I don't know how to edit into F1regs.lua.

EDIT2: sorry...It's planned! :whistling:

Last edited:
Dear Creator, thanks for this. One idea, maybe is it possible to dynamically program the AI brake power to zero while they press it to prevent DRS opening? Then the braking power would go back to normal after the DRS is deactivated. That way they would not be slowed down in the drs zones while they can't open it. No idea if that's feasible.

Last edited:
Dear Creator, thanks for this. One idea, maybe is it possible to dynamically program the AI brake power to zero while they press it to prevent DRS opening? Then the braking power would go back to normal after the DRS is deactivated. That way they would not be slowed down in the drs zones while they can't open it. No idea if that's feasible.
Or even 0.00001% or something, DRS effect is working at like 5x when the AI do this

I will look into this.

I will look into this.
This is only a temporary hack I’m using until future sdk support allows me to properly disable DRS. If I have time I will look into a solution to alleviate the DRS being too effective against AI.
In that case then we should have nothing to be concerned about, it's just a matter of time. Thank you so much for your brilliant effort.

Another easy way to at least mitigate the slowing down is to set data.gas = 1, since it seems that the AI never really push the throttle 100% even when in 100% skills.

Last edited:
In that case then we should have nothing to be concerned about, it's just a matter of time. Thank you so much for your brilliant effort.

Another easy way to at least mitigate the slowing down is to set data.gas = 1, since it seems that the AI never really push the throttle 100% even when in 100% skills.
I also used
ac.addForce(vec3(0,0,-2), true, vec3(0, 0, 2500), true)

to mitigate the AI slow down when drs is blocked.

I am using this app with CSP version 0.1.79-preview5 and it works. However, the problem of the number of uses of the hybrid unit must be solved because sometimes it only allows it to be used four times in the entire race. The DRS also works well with AI. Great and very good job.

It doesn't work for me.

The AI in VRC is continiously opening and closing the DRS in the zone.

The AI in RSS it seems ignoring the app

Hello folks, it doesn't show that i can unpack data?? I have the full version of CM

edit: i fixed it by enabling developer mode (going into about -> clicking the 'version' text multiple times until pop-up appears)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea