[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello! I followed the installation instructions, but this error keeps popping up. It works fine for a friend of mine and we installed it the same way. I also tried installing the app and the script manually, but no luck. Any idea What it could be?
Checking the script in notepad, the drs zones have empty { }, but the tracks i'm using have the zones correctly configured. I even tried using default kunos tracks, still no luck.
My friend on the other hand, was able to get it running (Just his car, no AI) using the same tracks and car (Rss 2022).
Any help would be appreciated!
Artboard 1.jpg

Hello! I followed the installation instructions, but this error keeps popping up. It works fine for a friend of mine and we installed it the same way. I also tried installing the app and the script manually, but no luck. Any idea What it could be?
Checking the script in notepad, the drs zones have empty { }, but the tracks i'm using have the zones correctly configured. I even tried using default kunos tracks, still no luck.
My friend on the other hand, was able to get it running (Just his car, no AI) using the same tracks and car (Rss 2022).
Any help would be appreciated!
View attachment 582935
Turns out csp 1.78-Preview1 was the issue. Downgraded to 1.78 stock and it works(Just me, no AI.)

I have done some tests and have found that this mod only works on RSS cars and even then he rear wing flaps open and closed rapidly in the DRS zone (tested on the RSS FH 2018). Hopefully this issue is fixed and the mod becomes more accessible to Kunos cars and other mods

I have done some tests and have found that this mod only works on RSS cars and even then he rear wing flaps open and closed rapidly in the DRS zone (tested on the RSS FH 2018). Hopefully this issue is fixed and the mod becomes more accessible to Kunos cars and other mods
I have only tested this on RSS FH 2022 cars.

this is fantastic once I figured out how to install it. it made the racing vs. AI so much more fun.

I'm relatively new to CM and didn't know how to unpack the car data. Once I figured it out (here is a video to help), it was smooth sailing from there. Also, making sure the Extended physics option is even available is something I hadn't done before. For those who need to get the option to show up under the Drive menu, do the following:
  1. In CM navigate to "Settings" -> "Content Manager" -> "Drive"
  2. Under "Quick Drive" check the following box: "Allow to use patch car's data to activate extended physics"
hope this helps those who are new as @Schmawlik writes up some instructions.

@Schmawlik - one thing i noticed, I changed MGU-K delivery mode on one lap in a race. then i went back to change it to something else a few laps later and it wouldn't let me. I understand you should only be able to change it 4 times in a given lap, but that counter resets on the next lap, right?

one nuance here: my settings cycle through the MGU-K delivery modes. so if i'm going from "low" to "high", would that count as 2 changes ("low" -> "balanced" -> "high")? i wonder if cycling breaks the logic.

thanks a ton for your work - happy to help debug where I can.

Last edited:
FWIW - i just on the VRC FA 2022 - it doesn't quite work. it seems to the first lap, but you can see the flaps flashing. then for the rest of the race, the detection zones seems a bit off or something?

(i understand it isn't intended to work with VRC yet, just trying different cars)

this is fantastic once I figured out how to install it. it made the racing vs. AI so much more fun.

I'm relatively new to CM and didn't know how to unpack the car data. Once I figured it out (here is a video to help), it was smooth sailing from there. Also, making sure the Extended physics option is even available is something I hadn't done before. For those who need to get the option to show up under the Drive menu, do the following:
  1. In CM navigate to "Settings" -> "Content Manager" -> "Drive"
  2. Under "Quick Drive" check the following box: "Allow to use patch car's data to activate extended physics"
hope this helps those who are new as @Schmawlik writes up some instructions.

@Schmawlik - one thing i noticed, I changed MGU-K delivery mode on one lap in a race. then i went back to change it to something else a few laps later and it wouldn't let me. I understand you should only be able to change it 4 times in a given lap, but that counter resets on the next lap, right?

one nuance here: my settings cycle through the MGU-K delivery modes. so if i'm going from "low" to "high", would that count as 2 changes ("low" -> "balanced" -> "high")? i wonder if cycling breaks the logic.

thanks a ton for your work - happy to help debug where I can.
As long as the banner at the top of the screen is still displaying the MGU-K mode, you have time to switch to another mode without it adding one change to the total change count. I'll look into the counter not resetting on a new lap.

Hey Schmawlik,
one more finding, after I crashed my car in one of my races, I decided to watch the AI battles, and I noticed that the car in P1 also opened his rear wing. Would you look at this issue? Thanks a lot for your work!

so.. for anyone like me who isnt super savvy wit this stuff. this video helped with step 1 of the installation

. once i did that it worked.
also can confirm its working with 1.79 preview

Last edited:
I am having an issue. If I have both fh22 and fh22s in a race the app only affects the model of car that I am driving. So if I am driving the fh22 then all of the fh22s' in the race will be allowed to use drs anytime. Did I install something incorrectly?

I've worked on this for two hours now before accepting defeat and making this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. I unpacked the data for both RSS FH 2022 and FH 2022 S
2. unzipped, and copied the "apps" and "content" folders to the root of AC
3. it says enable the app in CM- Where? It doesn't show up in mods or apps.

EDIT: I found it under MISC/ LUA APPS. It shows enabled. (I didn't have to enable it). I then repacked the data on both the FH 2022 and S models, but it seems to only be working for me in a race. The other cars have free reign to use DRS on the first lap.

Any ideas on why the mod isn't applying to my opponents?

Last edited:
I've worked on this for two hours now before accepting defeat and making this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. I unpacked the data for both RSS FH 2022 and FH 2022 S
2. unzipped, and copied the "apps" and "content" folders to the root of AC
3. it says enable the app in CM- Where? It doesn't show up in mods or apps.

EDIT: I found it under MISC/ LUA APPS. It shows enabled. (I didn't have to enable it). I then repacked the data on both the FH 2022 and S models, but it seems to only be working for me in a race. The other cars have free reign to use DRS on the first lap.

Any ideas on why the mod isn't applying to my opponents?
Make sure you are either using enhanced physics through the menu check box or applied in the car.ini file. If the file is set up for it then the checkbox in the menu isn't needed.
My experience so far anyway, that is missing from the instructions I guess.

Turns out csp 1.78-Preview1 was the issue. Downgraded to 1.78 stock and it works(Just me, no AI.)

Hope the author won't get mad - in order for the app to work in .78 prev, change the ac.INIConfig.trackData(fileName) in the app's LUA to ac.getTrackDataFilename(name) - this version of CSP does not use the INIConfig command yet, it relies on getTrackDataFilename.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea