Rally - WRC The Full Deck - Mon 9th & Tues 10th January 2012

my Race was very very well. apart from ss1. i did setups and practice with the s2000 and didnt know that i had to use A8's and i realised that iwas supposed to use an A8. when it was less than a minutes to start. so i picked up my Xara T4. and to be honest it did me well. had 3 stage wins on EUX. though it was unoticed. and i think i did win hualapai nation. thought my times didnt get uploaded automatically. i have sent replays to. Senad i hope you got is Senad. it was my First clean RD Race. didnt do well on mineshaft i rolled but ended up up right. Magnar was Flying there was a Two way fight. till number two did a major mistake and it was a fight for second on the last stage. which i think i won. coz i didnt look i was busy sending times. which eventually didnt get uploaded. i cant wait for another Race..

thought my times didnt get uploaded automatically. i have sent replays to. Senad i hope you got is Senad.
Yup, got it.

Is there any place where I can see the standings? (though it's not over yet :))
Except on the rallyesim website, no, not yet. For someone driving later, it's better if they don't know what times other drivers did.

Last session around midnight my time, results probably up around midnight GMT.

yet again I've failed you lot... has some stuff come up that had to be done urgently >_>
If it was like half an hour later I could have joined lol
oh well, next week will be the premiere of my new wheel, so that should be fun :D (I hope)

Only three of us in the OC Session, but Jeremy, Damien, and I had some fun, each of us trying a new car.
I was really planning on running the MINI but after my test sessions, I gave up trying to drive the "grasshopper". So I opted for the VW since it was new. I found the VW to be quite stable, but very understeery and not very nimble. Maybe with some setup work it might be nicer.

I also had a new wheel to test out for the first time, my lovely wife gave me a new Fanatec GT3 for Christmas, to replace my burned out G25. It is going to take me a while to get used to this wheel, but it was improving as I went along tonight.

After telling the other guys that my aim was simply to finish all stages, I blew that plan on SS1 (in true Roy Magnes style :p). Understeered around a fast sweeper, went slightly wide over the edge of the road, and whacked a tree, instantly killing the car in a cloud of smoke. :oops:

From then on, I steadily started to improve, finished the rest of the stages, but had a few offs along the way. :eek:

Well done to Jeremy, winning our session, AND driving the MINI too ;).
Thanks to Damien and Jeremy for the TS chatting, always good to catch up with you guys. :)

I also had a new wheel to test out for the first time, my lovely wife gave me a new Fanatec GT3 for Christmas, to replace my burned out G25. It is going to take me a while to get used to this wheel, but it was improving as I went along tonight.

Santa was very good to you Warren, you'll have to update me on your experiences with the GT3 as i quite fancy upgrading my DFGT once it finally dies! (a few more goes of RSRBR should finish it off!) Do you have the club-sport pedals too, or do you use your logitech ones?

After telling the other guys that my aim was simply to finish all stages, I blew that plan on SS1 (in true Roy Magnes style :p). Understeered around a fast sweeper, went slightly wide over the edge of the road, and whacked a tree, instantly killing the car in a cloud of smoke. :oops:

I actually think this was the exact same place i binned it, an absolute nothing corner that i hadn't had any issues with in praccy. :mad: Still, i quite liked the DS3, i've not much experience of other cars in RBR, but it felt predictable for the most part. The only time it felt out of control was on the bumpy, fast sections, where i found myself going a lot slower than the pace notes advised.

yeah right. thought you forgot someone. i finished 2nd overall. aka andyone and with default setup and no practice at all. on a 01 T4. it was an awesome battle. i lost lots of minutes on the first ss. was trying to get used to the car. and on the last stage. my internet went mad but i did a 04.05. on hualapaination. that definatly put me on number 2 on the EUX.

Sorry not mentioning you, I thought you DNF on last stage :p No time updated in my screen. Sorry bout that :p

I actually think this was the exact same place i binned it, an absolute nothing corner that i hadn't had any issues with in praccy. :mad: Still, i quite liked the DS3, i've not much experience of other cars in RBR, but it felt predictable for the most part. The only time it felt out of control was on the bumpy, fast sections, where i found myself going a lot slower than the pace notes advised.
Hey, I killed my Škoda on a similar sounding tree on SS1 as well :D

The Tree of Champions anyone? *cough cough*

I started the event last night in the eu session. Although I finished the 1st stage, I was awarded the same time as dnf (I imagine cause I hadn't updated). If I wanted to, and have time...would it be possible for me to join in the final session tonight? Will my times count? I know it was my own fault. But figured worth asking. I left after stage 1, as didn't see the point getting dnf's all the way. Cheers.

Craig, you should of kept going, from what I gather Senad changes all the times himself (or someone does) and if you would have saved your times all you would have needed to do was explain yourself and submit your times. IMO its not the directors fault you didn't update (It does state its required on the first page at the very top in red) and you shouldn't be granted another chance. Even though this is the fun aspect of the RDRBR, hope you don't take this the wrong way.

Craig, you should of kept going, from what I gather Senad changes all the times himself (or someone does) and if you would have saved your times all you would have needed to do was explain yourself and submit your times. IMO its not the directors fault you didn't update (It does state its required on the first page at the very top in red) and you shouldn't be granted another chance. Even though this is the fun aspect of the RDRBR, hope you don't take this the wrong way.

Well seems as this event was partly to get good feedback from the maximum amount of contenders comparing different WRC cars. And there is nothing to gain from running it, being a 'for fun' only rally club event. I didn't think it would be an issue. But I don't need you to tell me it's not the race directors fault, when I said I know it's my own fault. If its gonna upset some people then no problem. I will sit it out, no big deal. But we're all friends here, it's not an RDRC event. Where's your sense of sportsmanship.

Craig, like I posted "I hope you don't take this the wrong way" and from your response you may have. Also I noted that this event is for fun, but we have to have rules. I take this one rule very seriously - when your first split time is recorded that rally will be your official time. Bottom Line. From what I can see this is an Official Rally Club event w/ posted time results. Yes it is gear towards people giving their opinions of the new cars to help the directors update the rules for S4. (you can always test the cars without it being an event). As for your comment on my Sportsmanship, I will disregard that, it was uncalled for and has nothing to do with that. I didn't want to start any trouble so I will leave it at that. I'll let the directs decide what to do but I'm confident they will side with me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.