Rally - Slick Celica - Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd August 2011

This is an issue I used to have. Are you running CamHack's FOV edits to get a widescreen aspect ratio? When I switched from that to using FixUp to deal with the aspect ratio, the replay audio issue went away.

My issue is not just occurring during replays. At any point when I use RSRBR to load a BTB track I get no menu sound effects, no live in-car sound effects and no sound effects in replays. The sound effects slider in the audio menu is literally set automatically to zero. Pausing mid race to fix it works until I start the game again. Can I pause and adjust settings in the middle of an online rally? Still new to this.

No i don`t use camhack for FOV, i use fixup 1.6.

My sound also disapears in the menu screen, but returns at the stage start.

Have you tried adjusting the sound options in your RBR.ini file?
this is how mine is setup, i think default is for both these to be false and i have a sound card so changed the EAX to true. but not even sure if that is correct lol
UseEAX = true
UseSoftwareAudio = false

Joe Melin (j03) US

Hey guys, new here - This will be my 1st race on here but by no means new to RBR - been playing off and on since it came out. Recently got back into it.

Cheers!

No i don`t use camhack for FOV, i use fixup 1.6.

My sound also disapears in the menu screen, but returns at the stage start.

Have you tried adjusting the sound options in your RBR.ini file?
this is how mine is setup, i think default is for both these to be false and i have a sound card so changed the EAX to true. but not even sure if that is correct lol
UseEAX = true
UseSoftwareAudio = false

I have those settings set the same as you. For the same reason too, not sure if that is correct but whatever EAX is, it sounds like something I need.

Reading back I'm not sure I was clear about my issue. I do have engine and transmission noise, as well as co-driver and tire noise. What I'm missing are the extra clunks and bangs (turbo, shifter, impacts) which is tied to the same options slider as the menu sounds.

I guess I can drive today but I must skip last stage, thats sad.

Has anyone seen anything similar? I guess its my graphic card..

I've never seen that before. I'd suggest re-downloading and re-installing the BTB USA Stage first, just in case it has become corrupted.
Are you using Camhack, if so, maybe turn it off.
VSynch enabled/disabled? Maybe try turning that off/on.

Reinstalling didnt help. I also put graphics to the lowest possible - didnt help as well, I guess I just cant do it :(

EDIT: Tried to drive like that.. I was able to go ~3.6km and then I got lost completely..

Reinstalling is a good idea. Im not using CamHack and what is VSynch? :D

VSync is a setting within your Video card software that basically matches the games refresh rate to your monitor. Sometimes, with it turned off, it can cause graphic annomalies.

Go into your RBR\Plugins folder, open FixUp.ini with notepad. There are two lines that affect Vsync - fixvsync and vsyncactive. If they are set on ie. have a value of 1, change it to a value of 0 and see if it helps.

It's a long shot though.

Have you tried running in windowed mode instead of full 3D?
Do your video settings under RSCenter \Settings match those of your RBR.ini settings for Resolution. (I'm grasping at straws.

Sorry guys i have calculated wrong way on the clock when i signed up for this rally. It's 5 in the morning here when it's US time.
And the other two times (Eu and eux) the rally goes i'm working so i have to sign off this rally. To bad....

Sorry guys i have calculated wrong way on the clock when i signed up for this rally. It's 5 in the morning here when it's US time.
And the other two times (Eu and eux) the rally goes i'm working so i have to sign off this rally. To bad....

You can request an additional session at a time that suits you. The only downside is that you'll be driving alone in it.

Vysny and windowed mode didnt work out as well, I`ll try to edit the registry but I doubt that its going to help. Sad. Even more sad is that in 3rd round of championship there are many BTB stages, Im not sure about those but if they lagg same as this one Im so screwed. Damn..

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.6%