Rally - Slick Celica - Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd August 2011

Hmm didn't bother to finish this race.
Just got back from vacation and this wasn't a easy car to drive for me, struggled alot with grip.
Drove safe the first stages, but soon noticed I was ending up last that way. Tried to push for a couple of stages but it was just too difficult for me to stay on the road. Didn't find the sweet spot in the setups between over-steer and under-steer so.

Well thanks for a challenging race and good luck to the rest of you!

-Daniel

My halfway-report:
I was 2nd fastest in the session on the first 2 stages, but at the dip near the start of SS3 I slipped off the brake, and crashed heavily into a tree and locked the gearbox in 2nd... Had a good run on SS4 until I span on the last km...

It was a nice rally! Just downloaded car pack for this rally and also downloaded BTB USA for this rally! Also new stage to me, Peklo Tarmac. There I had huge problems with audience slipping under my car :rolleyes:. Finland stages were both ok with second position from EUX group, tarmac ain't my thing as those were problemous stages for me.. :redface: Then again to gravel, Mineshaft, reverse stage I couldn't get it. Why my driving was so jumpy and hasty, etc etc. Drove over all 90degree turns.. Afterwards when mineshaft started "the right way", those were fantastic moments for me. I ain't so good driver with these high powered cars yet, my race was pretty good! Won EUX mineshaft. My first stage win here at RD! :woot: Diamond creek 2 was awful driving again, i think i was still wondering my mineshaft performance. :rolleyes: BTB USA Mont Herman, second victory, didn't go anyway well. Guess nobody else didn't know that stage either. Congrats to Jani for winning EUX takeoff!

My halfway-report:
I was 2nd fastest in the session on the first 2 stages, but at the dip near the start of SS3 I slipped off the brake, and crashed heavily into a tree and locked the gearbox in 2nd... Had a good run on SS4 until I span on the last km...

Crashing and retiring on both Mineshaft-runs ruined my mood, so I called it a day after those. This was a really nice rally with a great challenge, too bad I just not had a good day behind the wheel to match it...

It was a bad rally! Just downloaded car pack for this rally and also downloaded BTB USA for this rally! Also new stage to me, Peklo Tarmac. There I had huge problems with audience slipping under my car :rolleyes:. Finland stages were both ok with second position from EUX group, tarmac ain't my thing as those were problemous stages for me.. :redface: Then again to gravel, Mineshaft, reverse stage I couldn't get it. Why my driving was so jumpy and hasty, etc etc. Drove over all 90degree turns.. Afterwards when mineshaft started "the right way", those were fantastic moments for me. I ain't so good driver with these high powered cars yet, my race was pretty good! Diamond creek 2 was awful driving again, i think i was still wondering my mineshaft performance. :rolleyes: BTB USA Mont Herman, second victory, didn't go anyway well. Guess nobody else didn't know that stage either.

You summed it up for me as well! :)

Fun rally =) but yet again a RsCenter crash when I was supposed to start ss6.... this is getting a bit old and I have reinstalled everything except my OS... maybe only way to go now. The five stages I was able to drive was a lot of fun =) but made some really big mistakes on almost everyone of them.... hehe maybe need to cool it down a bit or just practise more!

Anyway I had a lot of fun with the car and wish goodluck to everyone still in the rally!

PS Stage 4 was really nice, no room for errors!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%