Rally - Pikes Peak Challenge - Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd July 2013

Practicing yesterday I made it to the top 3 out of 3 times with the Audi. This morning read the forums with people having engine troubles... and suddenly I get them. Was practicing with the RS200 as well, which is a lot of fun, but I haven't made it to the top with it yet. On the OC session now, gonna use the Audi and see how it goes.

No reason we can't do this again next week as well? :p

I just gave it a go off-line (using RSRBR2013) using the Peugeot and made it to the top ok. I bumped into a few banks, went off track a bit, and over-revved it a couple of times, but it made it ok.

Dunno if it would be more fragile on-line though, I wouldn't think so. :unsure:

First Run - Chugging along, being careful with gear shifts and throttle application. A bit over halfway though went wide and hit some signs... which seemed to be made out of concrete. Busted my radiator. Continued for another 5 or 6 km before succumbing to engine failure.
Second Run - Pretty messy, made a few mistakes, but finished OK. Still a lot of time to find, but now I've got one banked I can really push hard for the third run.
Third Run - Ugh. Not at all happy with that one. Lots of sloppy mistakes. Also, pushing hard in the final section made me realize how poor the pace notes were. Suddenly a four left is tighter than a 1 left earlier in the stage. Slower than my second run.

Still, I made it to the top, so at least that's something. :p

The S4 seemed very reliable. Other than using the longest gears, I drove it hard and it never let me down during practice or official sessions (only when I crashed it!) unlike the Audi Quattro. Don't know about the other cars.

About my official sessions, I'm very happy with my driving. S1 I had a few wide moments (thanks to the invisible walls and I could carry on driving!!) but I made it to the top with a reasonable time. S2 I was going ver fast but I had a side crash against some ads and the car was dead. Crash didn't feel so hard but it happened. S3 I was flat out, very fast but secure. Only a couple of times I went a bit wide but nothing important happened and I set a very nice time (I hope! :))

For those who are having the engine die before the top, maybe it might be interesting to compare how you have the game setup regarding the Gear Option.

I was using:

Neutral Lock - Off
Gear Protection - Off
Clutch Help - On

With my three tries up the hill I was for off the pace. That needs more practice, and as I finally had some speed in attempt three I rolled it. The stage itself, I find it rather boring.

Congrats to the winner and everyone setting a fast time! Thanks for organizing Roy Magnes

:) Awesome!! I knew my last climb was good, lots of confidence driving it but winning was unexpected.
Only bad thing is I can't watch the replay as it loads Cote d'Arbroz stage instead.

Thanks to all drivers that took part and the organizers :thumbsup:

Looks like I was the only one to actually not make it up the road even once :redface:

Well done everyone, nice to see lots of people making it all way up!

Big thank you to Senad for producing yet another set of results :)

Next week we'll have a different challenge with multiple cars - watch out for the thread on wednesday or thursday :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back