Rally - Pikes Peak Challenge - Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd July 2013

they all seem to overheat, you have to back off from flat out where possible.

I have driven to the top flat out and been fine on occasion though. they do seem a bit unpredictable!

Daniel Monteiro - Daniel Monteiro - EU

EDIT: shame, two stupid crashes quite early on. At least I banked a safe stage for ss1 :)

P.S.: I reccomend everybody to try this with H-pattern gearbox and 792 (or even 900 if you dare!) degrees of steering wheel rotation, I had loads of fun! :)

P.S.: I reccomend everybody to try this with H-pattern gearbox and 792 (or even 900 if you dare!) degrees of steering wheel rotation, I had loads of fun! :)

I did that (H-Pattern and 900 degrees) and I can only agree :D

Crashed out on both the first tries I had, one big crash in a medium left that I missed and heard the fast left instead and the second time I hit the markers outside a Medium Right minus over crest that I took a bit to fast.

Last run through managed to get a lap in that I'm considerably happy with but know I could have gone quicker but wanted a finished stage to get a better placing than last :laugh:

Loved it and the car didn't overheat for three runs in a row! RS200 is fantastic to drive.

First run was my best, span on the second and slightly off the road on run three, still I'm very pleased with my times.

Thanks very much, these on-line rallys are exciting! looking forward to more :)

How do you guys run an h-pattern with rbr? I don't think I can with my Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter.

I prefer using it as an analogue handbrake anyway but could always get another for h-pattern!

Senad Subasic - mfodor - OC

I'd also like to know this.

I know Aaron De Marre made it to the top in the Peugeot, but that same Peugeot died on me halfway up.

Using RSRBR2012, I was able to drive the Peugeot to the top without overheating, but you need to use the longest gearing, and shift into top gear as quickly as possible. Just try to keep the revs as low as possible by using higher gears, and she should survive.
Don't know about RSRBR2013 though, haven't tried it yet.

I never got to test it, since I didn't get out of the woods at the bottom of the road :p

But I know there was an update in the physics of these cars before the season, and that they run a championship with these cars at the Rallyesim-site. This make me bellieve that they have fixed the bug in some way, but I cannot be too sure about it. Previously I have struggeled getting the Audi to even go through any of the default USA-stages in the game without it overheating and stopping on me, I have not had this problem with the 2013-edition.

But again, my lack of talent did wreck 3 Peugeots before 8km was done, so I have no idea if it is like this or not :p

I tested the 205 t16 now, i drove like granny and the engine was dead 2/3 up the hill. I did not use hi revs and was carfull at the jumps so i did not overev the engine there but still it stopped. But for some reson it started again after about 1 minute and i could continue a little bit but then it stopped again.
So i have no chance to get up this hill in full speed. I't is my driving style that causes this i'll Guess. I know other drivers can make it to the top in very good speed.

With most cars in rbr I am rough with the down changes and they bang and knock into lower gear.

Witt the group b's I try not to change down too early and avoid the banging gears and over revving, this certainly seems to help.

After a bit of googling, it seems like it might be a problem with the headgasket, and if so, WorkerBee's FixUp plugin should be able to help. I think it comes installed with RSRBR by default in "\Plugins\FixUp.ini"
Code:
headGasketDurability=0,65

A value between 0 and 1 makes no change, and anything higher is [x]n longevity. I'll give it a few test runs now and see if it helps.

Edit: Didn't help at all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing