Rally - Fernando's Rally Challenge - Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd April 2012

Beginners luck I think Senad. I did an incredible thing known as staying on the road!

Really enjoyed myself, particularly beating Fernando on the last stage, would never have predicted that in a million years. Looking forward to the next one, thanks to the guys for putting it together
New on RD Rally Club yes...but for making it on the podium on this very challenging rally means that you're obviously not a "Beginner" :rolleyes: :p :D

A very interesting set of results.

Congratulations to Fernando, winning his own Rally too. :p
Well done to Alisdair, that was a great result to get a podium in your first Club Rally. More impressive considering that this one had very tricky stages. :cool:

Nice result for Jack too, I think your best so far. I was noting your nice times during our OC Session. ;)

Great to see the Stage wins spread around, we seem to see more of that when the Stages are so varied.

Welcome to our new driver, Andris, also a very good debut Rally with us. You sure picked a tough one to begin with, but you showed that you can match the times of the front drivers here.

This Rally proved that it is not necessary to have over-powered cars to be a challenge, it can be all about the Stages and their variety. This probably had more RED INK than any other I can recall, only 5 drivers came through unscathed. :eek:

Huge thanks to Fernando for his planning, preparation, and providing the nifty Podium graphic for this rally. I'm sure we'd love to see more ideas and Rallys from you.
Thanks as usual to Senad for his Admin work with the results and Server, and thanks always to Damien for his great Banners.

Next week we have another member inspired Rally, with Andrew Fearby dreaming up something slightly different again, something we haven't tried in the Club. Details soon. :)

Last stage, tarmac tyres on monte carlo Joux Plane 2.
.................................................................................................................................................................................

Kabooom baaaaaaa, co-driver dies when the tree gets inside the car in the impact and Erik, yet he survived. :D

Erik, that was a very "brave" tyre choice (I'm being kind, lol :D ). I'm not surprised with the Kaboooom ending. :p

Congrats to Fernando, Warren and Alasdair, well done guys! :)

Happy with a stage win, not far from another one but Gundars still managed to beat me there.

Less than 1 second behind my good friend - Andris. Damn.. :p I`ll beat him next time anyways :p

It was fun rally, really. Even though I retired most of it. Thank you and see you all next week :)

woow. that is what is called not paying Attention to Detail. Sorry about that Guys. i didnt realise till now. that i was using the Wrong Car.. well it wont happen again. i lost a nice Race.. And no one even noticed that.. it was a nice race for sure.. Bad i didn't pay much Attention.

yeah For sure.the URT is fast. like on peaks pikes.. damn it was soo smooth... well lets wait for the other one. i had a stressfull last week and didnt get time to go through the details much..

So close to winning Pikes Peak stage, I had a couple of offs that stage and with longest gearing I would have had much more straight line speed :(
Btw I joined just before SS3 but decided to continue as this was the last session of the rally. Still 14th :o

So close to winning Pikes Peak stage, I had a couple of offs that stage and with longest gearing I would have had much more straight line speed :(
Btw I joined just before SS3 but decided to continue as this was the last session of the rally. Still 14th :eek:

I had the longest gearing, but got lower top speed. The car just doesn't have the power to use that last gear with long gearing.

I had the longest gearing, but got lower top speed. The car just doesn't have the power to use that last gear with long gearing.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I used the longest gearing, and I know I made a few small mistakes, but looking at the time differences, I suspect that the really quick guys up the mountain were using Shorter gears.

New on RD Rally Club yes...but for making it on the podium on this very challenging rally means that you're obviously not a "Beginner" :rolleyes: :p :D

I wouldn't say I was a beginner. I had Richard Burns Rally on the PS2 when it came out so I know my way around it not too bad. I've only just started using a steering wheel though. Also if you look at my times I'm hardly setting the world on fire, I just tried to not crash.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back