Rally - Colin McRae Tribute- Mon 21st & Tues 22nd June 2010

Here is a little driving lesson for this car, courtesy of Colin McRae and Carlos Sainz.

The video is a bit long, but I'm sure you'll get the "drift". :wink:

Soooo!!! How many here think they can drive like this? :pray: :ups:

Mineshaft is not part of the stages, so we can't remake this picture :wink:.

Attachments

• ColinMcRae.jpg
    ColinMcRae.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 213
Don't worry about me Warren, rolled the car a dozen times in my one-time practice. Away for da weekend, no time to practice anymore till Monday. Depends if the FSone events is going to take place (mod release is around the time of event start)

Wow, what a great looking event! Not to mention that the Subaru is one of my favorites.:)
However..., real life is calling and I have some family obligations over the next week or two.
Hope everyone has a great time! I will be dreaming sideways to stay in practice...:tongue:

and what is this literally?

those French stages do me in, car is very little responsive on tarmac, team forum tells me my stage times are almost identical to Krister's (and he is easily the better player) but on the French stages I lose an epic 3.5 minutes :( :( :( setup hints for tarmac more than welcome.

Eckhart, if you are loosing most of the time in the hairpins, you may need to practice handbrake turns (maybe even go back to the Rally School lesson, they are very helpful). But, if you are struggling with handbrake turns, try increasing the Steering Lock, then use 1st gear and early throttle to get around the tight turns. I have found that to work ok on tarmac tight turns. Also, don't go into hairpins too fast.

I haven't tried any set up fiddling yet for tarmac, I found the Suby 95 to be quite good in default, although maybe a little understeery.

Yeh I've found so far that it's very important in this car (moreso than any others I've driven) to use first in the hairpins here. I usually use 2nd in most cars, but the turbo lag in this sucker is such that your exit is way too slow.

I tried fiddling with the setup for the tarmac, and just ended up with a car wrapped around various roadside objects; trees, media, spectators, media, trees, fences, spectators.................

In otherwords, in terms of pure stability, the default setup feels quite nice (on tarmac anyway).

Is anyone else finding the suspension a little jumpy? Looking at that video they seem to soak up a lot of the little bumps. Tarmac is ok but I'm finding it a bit skittish on gravel.

That said...count me in :D

Damien Jones (DJones) OCN

Is anyone else finding the suspension a little jumpy? ......... Tarmac is ok but I'm finding it a bit skittish on gravel.

Yep Damien, it's a bit bouncy at Harwood Forest, but that is a very jumpy Stage anyway. It seemed ok elsewhere. I tried stiffening up the suspension, and it seemed a little better, but Harwood is still bouncy. I'll just try to keep it a bit smoother over those nasty jumps with driving style. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%