Rally - Colin McRae Tribute- Mon 21st & Tues 22nd June 2010

Yay !!! a second on diamond creek. I am very happy with that. Even though I was 3 seconds slower than my 1st run through in practice. Only had 2 prior runs through there, one with the movie i made and one just to get a couple of corners down a little better. I love the USA stages, fast and flowing, I get into those quite easily. I tend to be able to relax a little more on the more flowing stages and my head doesn't shake as much when I concentrate whereas in france for example my head shakes like a paint mixer machine and I can produce my own blurring effects. Would make for such a cool video. Not so much fun though when you're trying to push just a tad.

Had a ball despite the retirements and was happy to take part in such a great tribute. Thanks warren.

Huge thanks to Senad for his work in setting up the Server and compiling / posting the results, this can be time consuming, as I know. Thanks mate, it helps a lot. :thanks:

This proved to be a very enjoyable Rally for most of us, hope you all enjoyed the Suby and I think some of us even copied some Colin McRae crashes (I know I did :eek: ). Look forward to another Tribute style Rally in the future. I have a well known Spaniard in mind for the next one. :)

Big welcome to Krister, his first Rally and an impressive debut, only one retirement. Most of us start with lots of red ink.

Congratulations to Rick for the overall win, some really great driving skill shown. Even Rick admitted on TS that he was at the limit for almost all stages this time, and made no major mistakes.
Well done to Lukasz, for the podium, wow, only half a second between us, can't get much closer than that.
And I must comment on Eddie, who promised to ramp up his speed for this one. Boy, he sure did, some blistering Stage times there Eddie, such a shame you came undone on the last Stage, but that is what makes RBR so nerve wracking, it can happen to any of us at any time.

Since Rick and Eddie were so dominant in the Stage wins, I'll have to find another car for the next one, see if I can provide a new challenge to bring them back to the bunch. :tongue:

Thanks to all who joined, hope you can all keep the enthusiasm up for the next few Rallys. :rally::ups:

Guess it's about time to take those RBR driving lessons to improve my driving :redface:
Old Foggy beat Old Swede by miles! :wink:

Don't worry Krister, the "old Fogey" has had lots more experience at RBR now, and experience counts a lot in this Sim. You made a very good debut.
I still go back to the Rally School regularly, it makes more sense after a few Rallys. I'm just now starting to get the hang of the Handbrake turns, but still can't do a Scandanavian Flick to save myself. The only time I do one is by pure accident after getting crossed up under brakes. :wink:

With only done 1 practice run I am still pleased to be reasonably close behind those aliens after 8 stages :)
I hope to prepare a bit better for the next and temporary last one for me (Vacation).

Is something changed? I didn't noticed it?

Yesterday at around 2-3PM, they were updating something on the forum, it was unavailable for some time. When it came back, the layout was similar to a generic phpBB forum; avatar on the left, join date, location, age and stuff below it, text to the right, stuff like that. I tried to change it back, but didn't find the option. It went back to where it was on its own later, so maybe it was just a dream, dunno :)

Ah ok... Yes could be since there was an update for the forum software. After that, the forum needed to switch back to the normal settings.
So now it should be ok :)

</off topic>

I use a button too, but I don't have a shifter, so no choice really. The trouble is that I often steer with my left hand only, especially while sliding on gravel. I often have trouble finding the handbrake button after that :D

yep, same here, use a button and when I have just moved my hand to the shifter going into the turn I sometimes hit one of the other buttons which produces slightly quixotic effects. Decided to stick with a violent turn in sans handbrake and it worked quit well.

Look forward to another Tribute style Rally in the future. I have a well known Spaniard in mind for the next one. :)
Celica? Nice :]
yep, same here, use a button and when I have just moved my hand to the shifter going into the turn I sometimes hit one of the other buttons which produces slightly quixotic effects. Decided to stick with a violent turn in sans handbrake and it worked quit well.

I never seem to be able to hit any of regular buttons on the wheel on time, so the handbrake is set to... left paddle :]. Works very well as my left hand never leaves the wheel and the right one is on the shifter most of the time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%