Rally - "Bee's Invade America" - Mon 7th February & Tues 8th February 2011

No CFH or stage DNF's so must be happy although I had a few moments off, spins and also a roll. Took it very easy to try and stay on road but the ego builds and suddenly you find yourself going a bit too fast and with these cars you are set to end up in trouble.

The Audi is nice to drive but a bit front heavy so jumping could easily end up landing on the nose with a forward roll as result.
Also when testing found the Ford to be the most easy to drive but missing in top speed (should have one more gear).

5 minutes away from my session. Coffee brewed and ready to go..

Wish I could tame the behavior of the car over bumps better. If I loose control of the car on this event-a bump will be the culprit...

Man o man, that was the scariest fun I have had with RBR. The Audi has amazing acceleration, but the biggest difficulty was judging the turns and when to brake. The speed of this thing was deceptive and made it soooo easy to hurtle into a turn too fast. The other problem was the amount of air time over those jumps. It felt like the Audi was flying more than having the wheels touching the ground. I kept hitting the brakes for a turn but finding that the brakes didn't really do much when the wheels are airborn. :rolleyes: That caused me few near death experiences.
Overall, I had a relatively incident free run, but mainly because I was just too chicken to push the car.
Damien was generally quickest in our group, but he had one poor stage which hurt him badly (ain't that always the way with these Rallys though :tongue: ).
Kevin looked to be running nicely too, until the last Stage. :confused:

Good fun with teammate Damien on TS again.

I'm sure we'll have to run these Grp B brutes again in the future. :D

What the hell? I overslept, as usual, and created a session for myself now. When I started the stage, I got the default Lancer instead of the Peugeot? Then retired, double checked the car pack and car choice, started SS2, but there was the Lancer again :confused:

Halfway through my session-clean except for (yep-you guessed it) a bump after the second timed sector on SS3 ( I really hate HN). Series of rolls-lost about twenty seconds.

Will try to glance at the speedo forf the runs on Frazier Wells..

Never mind Frazier Wells, but saw 207kph on SS8..

Finished the rally without incident, although it felt ore like a hirtoric drive by than a real rally.

This car gets upset over bumps a WRC totally ignore. For certain if I had gone faster on Prospect Ridge there were some killer bumps that would have ended my day..

I didn't feel as if I was controlling the car-it was controlling me...

Big fun-luck to all, and thanks to all..

Overall Rally Results

sinvadeamerica.png

Congrats Mark, Warren and Damien :trophy:

Stage wins
Mark Johnston: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Dariusz Swiderski: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:
Ole Marius Myrvold: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to Warren for setting it up :thanks:

See you all next week for Round 2 of the Rally Championship :rally:

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• sinvadeamerica.png
    sinvadeamerica.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 255
Congrats to Mark, Warren and Damien! good job keeping the car alive :D

fun fun rally again! hope to see these beast soon!

I've got to say few red inks there even though we are driving a car that wants us dead:D

thanks again for those who organize the event!

Woooo, podium!
Warren and I had a close battle the whole way but, as is often the case, I stuffed a stage (got a bit bogged) and threw it all away. The Audi was immense fun and when I got it wrong I knew it was MY fault.
Thanks to the organisational team, this one was a cracker!
*sprays champagne on Mark and Warren

Congratulations to Mark, always pleased to see a new winner in the Rally Club, although I suspect you have many more to come. :thumb:
Well done to Damien for the podium, you were a tad unlucky (or was that careless :tongue: ), but we had a great close battle on nearly every Stage.
Special mention to Krister for 4th, and only just a beginner in RBR, a top result with a Group B car, certainly not the easiest to learn.

Welcome to Samuli for his first Rally Club event too, with a nice result. :cool:

Wow, Ole picked up the Stage win for Frazier Wells II in the Ford RS200, what an effort on the stage with such a huge long straight that would have greatly favoured the Audi. Great drive Ole.

The biggest surprise from this Rally is the lack of Red Ink. That is amazing for Group B, well done to all drivers.

Thanks to Senad for his Server and Results efforts again.

The Rally Club gets a break next week for the RDRC, good luck everyone, it should be a very testing Round. :rally: :ups:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back