RaceRoom Updated: ADAC GT Masters 2018 and Autodrom Most Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 2.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 3.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 6.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 7.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 4.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 5.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience has been updated today, alongside a new DLC release of the 2018 ADAC GT Masters series and the wonderful Autodrom Most circuit.

The latest update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been released to the simulation earlier today, addressing a number of minor issues within the title as well as adding two pieces of new DLC content - the Autodrom Most circuit in the Czech Republic, and the 2018 version of the ADAC GT Masters GT3 racing championship.

Both pieces of content are purchasable in the RaceRoom store, with Autodrom Most retailing for around £4.35, and the new ADAC GT Masters packing coming in at around £8.70 - however this price will very much depend on the linked discount system, as players who own related pieces of content will be subject to varying degrees of discount.

With regards to the game update, some of the key highlights from what is a reasonably sizeable new patch include physics changes to the GTR2 category of cars within the game, some welcome improvements to the Porsche 911 Cup GT3 car, and a raft of new camera sets for a selection of circuits within the simulation.

You can check out the full change log below, and don't forget to hop over to our RDTV Twitch channel to catch our latest Talk 'n' Drive with the new content!

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Notes:

Content
  • Added ADAC GT Masters 2018 car class
  • Added Most Autodrom
  • Modifications to MK Motorsport liveries present in RaceRoom, to celebrate their 40th anniversary : BMW M1 Procar #105, #151, #152. BMW M235i #308
Game
  • Traction Control now triggers over a minimum speed to improve standing starts
  • AI - Further mprovements to behavior while racing in a pack
  • Restarting a race session now lets you access to car setup menu.
  • Changed race results so they show each group's winner's laps instead of session's lap, since it can be lower for slower classes
  • Fixed an issue with "Rotate" pitstop order (ADAC rules preset) where left and right tyres wouldn't be swapped but instead replaced with fresh ones.
  • Fixed an issue with results in a Multiclass race event
  • Fixed a reported issue where the game could show a black screen during loading if the browser tab failed to load.
Physics, Sounds, Cameras, AI
  • Audi 90Q GTO : Improved standing starts, tweaks to turbo boost.
  • GTR2 class: Physics and AI behavior improvements (smoothed out gearchanges, improved automatic gearbox behavior, reduced effective slip angle of rear tyres under load, reduced Downshift Prevention intervention, Increased blip on downshifts, tweaks to fuel estimates. Grip of soft tyres increased by 2%.
  • GTR3 class : further balance of performance tweaks, smoothed out gearshifts
  • GTR4 class : Made AI quicker, reduced Downshift Prevention intervention, tweaked gearshifts, automatic gearbox behavior improvement. Tweaks to default setup of the Lotus, increased KTM drag a bit.
  • Mercedes C-Class DTM 1995 : Smoothed out gearshifts, made AI a bit less careful.
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup : Fixed AI rear instability. Smoothed out gearshifts and reduced Downshift Prevention intervention
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R : Cockpit sounds tweaked
  • Porsche 934 RSR : Stiffer springs on default setup
  • Porsche Cayman CS + Porsche Cayman CS MR : Smoothed the drivetrain
  • Chang (full) : fixed a blocked TV cam view
  • Laguna Seca : new static TV cams
  • Lausitzring (all layouts) : new static TV cams
  • Macau : new Static TV cams
  • Mantorp (GP + Short) : new static TV cams
  • Mid-Ohio (all layouts) : new static TV cams
  • Monza (full + junior) : new static TV cams
  • Moscow (all layouts) : new static TV cams
  • Norisring : new static TV cams
  • Nürburgring (full + dtm + short ) : new static TV cams
Performance Index have been modified:
  • FR X-17 Cup - 5
  • FR US Cup - 10
  • FR2 Cup - 15
  • P1 - 20
  • GTR X - 25
  • P2 - 30
  • DTM 2013 - 35
  • DTM 2014 - 35
  • DTM 2015 - 35
  • DTM 2016 - 35
  • C-Klasse DTM 2005 - 36
  • CLK DTM 2003 - 37
  • Hillclimb Icons - 40
  • FR3 Cup - 45
  • GTR 1 - 50
  • GTR 2 - 55
  • GTR 3 - 60
  • ADAC GT Masters 2013 - 60
  • ADAC GT Masters 2014 - 60
  • ADAC GT Masters 2015 - 60
  • Zonda R Cup - 62
  • C-Klasse DTM 1995 - 63
  • Group 5 - 65
  • GTO Classics - 70
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - 73
  • WTCC 2014 - 75
  • WTCC 2015 - 80
  • WTCC 2016 - 80
  • WTCC 2017 - 80
  • Tatuus F4 Cup - 85
  • Procar - 90
  • KTM X-Bow RR Cup - 90
    Touring Classics - 95
    DTM 1992 - 95
    Audi TT RS cup - 99
    WTCC 2013 - 100
    Aquila CR1 Cup - 101
    WTCR 2018 - 102
    GTR 4 - 103
    Silhouette Series - 104
    German Nationals - 105
    Clubsport Trophy - 106
    Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 - 125
    Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 - 125
    Group 4 - 126
    FRJ Cup - 127
    BMW M235i Racing Cup - 128
    NSU TTS Cup - 135
Don't forget to check out our new update Talk 'n' Drive video on the RDTV Twitch channel!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available as a free to play title on Steam PC now.

What to know more about RaceRoom Racing Experience and stay in touch with the latest news? Head over to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved with our passionate and vibrant community. We cover the latest news, give you exclusive content to enjoy, and of course host some fantastic Club and League racing events! What’s not to like?

Like what we do? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with it? Having watched quite a few onboard videos I think the sounds are very accurate. The whine inside the GT3 R is very loud actually.

It's not about being loud at all. In fact I think it is not loud enough for most cars, that's why I set transmission whine always at 100% and adjust (lower) everything else, including the engine sound.

The problem with Porsche transmission whine is that in Raceroom it is rpm dependent, while in reality it should be correlated to speed.

Nice update, but when I saw this

I admit my heart started pumping with excitement. I launched Raceroom immediately hoping they fixed the transmission whine... Crap, not yet, but I still believe Anthony will get into it eventually

I did my best to make the transmission whine less overwhelming and to make the engine more audible, but it's still far from perfect, and sadly I have no way to improve it more for now :(

Also, there is absolutely no way to split the transmission whine and the engine sound in this car. The cockpit recordings will always have tons of transmission whine, which is impossible to remove or split from the engine itself. Therefore, the whine is rpm dependent in the game.
We had two recording sessions with the 911 GT3R but both provided the same result : transmisson is extremely loud, whatever we do with the recorders.
The only way to change this would be to record the car with a multiple mics setup, which is unfortunately also very expensive and out of reach for us currently.

Last edited:
I did my best to make the transmission whine less overwhelming and to make the engine more audible, but it's still far from perfect, and sadly I have no way to improve it more for now :(

Hey Anthony, thanks for your hard work, it is appreciated:thumbsup: Also, thank you for being upfront about the issue.
I don't mind the transmission whine to be way louder than the engine, that's how I set it in the options anyway.
It seems some people are not bothered by that at all and I'm in the minority. Maybe some day in the future though there will be a chance to record new sound... and if not, there are still other cars with great sounds to enjoy. Cheers:)

Also, there is absolutely no way to split the transmission whine and the engine sound in this car. The cockpit recordings will always have tons of transmission whine, which is impossible to remove or split from the engine itself. Therefore, the whine is rpm dependent in the game.
We had two recording sessions with the 911 GT3R but both provided the same result : transmisson is extremely loud, whatever we do with the recorders.
The only way to change this would be to record the car with a multiple mics setup, which is unfortunately also very expensive and out of reach for us currently.

Ah, just saw this. You must have edited the post while I was typing.
That is unfortunate, but thank you for explaining. It saddens me a little, but I understand. I know that if it was feasible, you were the person to make it work. So glad to have you here and talk to us. This shows how much you care :thumbsup:

I like how you kinda forgot to mention the fact that poll is four years old and the majority of votes relate to a very different Raceroom than we have now (e.g. people asking for physics update or triple screen support). But I guess that's not important because it doesn't fit your narrative.

(Not that poll like that with these two options isn't useless anyway.)

I like how you kinda forgot to mention the fact that poll is four years old and the majority of votes relate to a very different Raceroom than we have now (e.g. people asking for physics update or triple screen support). But I guess that's not important because it doesn't fit your narrative.
(Not that poll like that with these two options isn't useless anyway.)
I like how your negative presumptions does colour your conclusions so they in as example this situation are completely false.
The reason I posted this pic was because I voted in this poll 2 days ago(!) because the poll is still active AND I did not see that the poll was originally started 4 years ago.:whistling:
So much for your false conclusion that "it doesn't fit your narrative".
Instead of making such kind of presumption based conclusion just check the sector3studios forum and you will see that among the not completely blind fanboys there is some kind of consensus that Racerooms devs should solve some of the annoying bugs and functionality issues in Raceroom instead of dripping new content out.
Let me quote one of these posts(from 2019 :roflmao:)
Resources, how long since you could have a chat or decent communication ingame online? Oh, never, cause if it isnt covered by a warning message or drowned out by the bright background its gone before you had chance to read it. Resources are used to fleece and extract as much as they can out of the naive end user, how many realistic car setup options do you have, asymmetrical, nope, tyre pressures, nope thats three simple but effective things off the top of my head, i would prefer if resources were put to better use, your definition and mine of better may well vary by quite some distance, limited resources, i dont buy it, tight owner\budget maybe, limited resources, nope, just pushed in the wrong direction at times!
:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Ok ladies, put the handbags away please. As per usual this kind of thing is completely off-topic and is ruining a perfectly good thread. It serves no purpose but to start petty bickering, arguments and flaming in our otherwise friendly community, and I'm getting very tired of reminding people that posting the same old complaints over and over in completely unrelated threads is a no-go.

If you have a legitimate complaint you think should be discussed on RD, make a dedicated thread for it. If you want S3 to see your concerns, post it on their forum. Otherwise, keep it to yourself and stay on topic.

Thank you.

lol dont send him over there mate...
I did think long and hard about it, just thought Bubbles could sort it out, give him something to do! :D
Do kinda resent the fanboy tag, we all have a preferable Sim, some more than others but I've always considered standing up for some of the smaller guys, against the behemoth studios to be the right thing to do, especially as so many of them do it so much better than the big boys. Don't even get me started on communication with the community.
Nah, I stand up for RR, AMS and rF2, whenever I consider they are being wrongly (imho) adjudged or if information is ill informed.
Feel it is my civic duty to stand up to bully's, (as it should everyone) not standing up against the man is the whole reason this world is about to implode!
Come the revolution brothers/sisters/those who are undecided, time to make a stand, ti................. hold on, I'm in the middle of a rig rebuild, maybe next week chaps or better still, in the summer, when the weathers a bit warmer. :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back