RaceRoom Updated: ADAC GT Masters 2018 and Autodrom Most Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 2.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 3.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 6.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 7.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 4.jpg RaceRoom ADAC GT Masters 2018. 5.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience has been updated today, alongside a new DLC release of the 2018 ADAC GT Masters series and the wonderful Autodrom Most circuit.

The latest update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been released to the simulation earlier today, addressing a number of minor issues within the title as well as adding two pieces of new DLC content - the Autodrom Most circuit in the Czech Republic, and the 2018 version of the ADAC GT Masters GT3 racing championship.

Both pieces of content are purchasable in the RaceRoom store, with Autodrom Most retailing for around £4.35, and the new ADAC GT Masters packing coming in at around £8.70 - however this price will very much depend on the linked discount system, as players who own related pieces of content will be subject to varying degrees of discount.

With regards to the game update, some of the key highlights from what is a reasonably sizeable new patch include physics changes to the GTR2 category of cars within the game, some welcome improvements to the Porsche 911 Cup GT3 car, and a raft of new camera sets for a selection of circuits within the simulation.

You can check out the full change log below, and don't forget to hop over to our RDTV Twitch channel to catch our latest Talk 'n' Drive with the new content!

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Notes:

Content
  • Added ADAC GT Masters 2018 car class
  • Added Most Autodrom
  • Modifications to MK Motorsport liveries present in RaceRoom, to celebrate their 40th anniversary : BMW M1 Procar #105, #151, #152. BMW M235i #308
Game
  • Traction Control now triggers over a minimum speed to improve standing starts
  • AI - Further mprovements to behavior while racing in a pack
  • Restarting a race session now lets you access to car setup menu.
  • Changed race results so they show each group's winner's laps instead of session's lap, since it can be lower for slower classes
  • Fixed an issue with "Rotate" pitstop order (ADAC rules preset) where left and right tyres wouldn't be swapped but instead replaced with fresh ones.
  • Fixed an issue with results in a Multiclass race event
  • Fixed a reported issue where the game could show a black screen during loading if the browser tab failed to load.
Physics, Sounds, Cameras, AI
  • Audi 90Q GTO : Improved standing starts, tweaks to turbo boost.
  • GTR2 class: Physics and AI behavior improvements (smoothed out gearchanges, improved automatic gearbox behavior, reduced effective slip angle of rear tyres under load, reduced Downshift Prevention intervention, Increased blip on downshifts, tweaks to fuel estimates. Grip of soft tyres increased by 2%.
  • GTR3 class : further balance of performance tweaks, smoothed out gearshifts
  • GTR4 class : Made AI quicker, reduced Downshift Prevention intervention, tweaked gearshifts, automatic gearbox behavior improvement. Tweaks to default setup of the Lotus, increased KTM drag a bit.
  • Mercedes C-Class DTM 1995 : Smoothed out gearshifts, made AI a bit less careful.
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup : Fixed AI rear instability. Smoothed out gearshifts and reduced Downshift Prevention intervention
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R : Cockpit sounds tweaked
  • Porsche 934 RSR : Stiffer springs on default setup
  • Porsche Cayman CS + Porsche Cayman CS MR : Smoothed the drivetrain
  • Chang (full) : fixed a blocked TV cam view
  • Laguna Seca : new static TV cams
  • Lausitzring (all layouts) : new static TV cams
  • Macau : new Static TV cams
  • Mantorp (GP + Short) : new static TV cams
  • Mid-Ohio (all layouts) : new static TV cams
  • Monza (full + junior) : new static TV cams
  • Moscow (all layouts) : new static TV cams
  • Norisring : new static TV cams
  • Nürburgring (full + dtm + short ) : new static TV cams
Performance Index have been modified:
  • FR X-17 Cup - 5
  • FR US Cup - 10
  • FR2 Cup - 15
  • P1 - 20
  • GTR X - 25
  • P2 - 30
  • DTM 2013 - 35
  • DTM 2014 - 35
  • DTM 2015 - 35
  • DTM 2016 - 35
  • C-Klasse DTM 2005 - 36
  • CLK DTM 2003 - 37
  • Hillclimb Icons - 40
  • FR3 Cup - 45
  • GTR 1 - 50
  • GTR 2 - 55
  • GTR 3 - 60
  • ADAC GT Masters 2013 - 60
  • ADAC GT Masters 2014 - 60
  • ADAC GT Masters 2015 - 60
  • Zonda R Cup - 62
  • C-Klasse DTM 1995 - 63
  • Group 5 - 65
  • GTO Classics - 70
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - 73
  • WTCC 2014 - 75
  • WTCC 2015 - 80
  • WTCC 2016 - 80
  • WTCC 2017 - 80
  • Tatuus F4 Cup - 85
  • Procar - 90
  • KTM X-Bow RR Cup - 90
    Touring Classics - 95
    DTM 1992 - 95
    Audi TT RS cup - 99
    WTCC 2013 - 100
    Aquila CR1 Cup - 101
    WTCR 2018 - 102
    GTR 4 - 103
    Silhouette Series - 104
    German Nationals - 105
    Clubsport Trophy - 106
    Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 - 125
    Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 - 125
    Group 4 - 126
    FRJ Cup - 127
    BMW M235i Racing Cup - 128
    NSU TTS Cup - 135
Don't forget to check out our new update Talk 'n' Drive video on the RDTV Twitch channel!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available as a free to play title on Steam PC now.

What to know more about RaceRoom Racing Experience and stay in touch with the latest news? Head over to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved with our passionate and vibrant community. We cover the latest news, give you exclusive content to enjoy, and of course host some fantastic Club and League racing events! What’s not to like?

Like what we do? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of content, how about some new core game features that make the content irrisistable.

• Some shiny new graphics
  • A 24 hr cycle
  • Rain
  • Grid Girls (just do it, screw niceties go all out, naked grid girls)
  • Have you sorted the arm rotation thingy yet?
  • Informative pit crew after all how many drivers do the setup? Of course they have a huge input but come on i have never seen a driver with a spanner they are too busy with the nudie grid girls.
  • A free real life grid girl. (i need a shag)
  • Ranking system (can't think how to make this pervy)
  • Deadly gravel traps
  • DX12
It's a really cool game but i see no reason it can't be the best! and imo i would love to see a huge feature update.

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Yeah sorry for being snippy, but there isn't a lot of old content that's been updated to the current physics model, is there? By old content I mean everything that came out before the current physics model was implemented.

Nice to see more cars@skins...But I have to much from the same from RRE the new track is welcome for me they have so much beautiful tracks dont care the graphics or night and day... rain..the graphics in VR RRE I realy like it. Buy the Wtcr in december and the old 911love this cars. Ii,l skip it.

but there isn't a lot of old content that's been updated to the current physics model, is there? By old content I mean everything that came out before the current physics model was implemented.
Well let's see...

All GT3 cars (13 cars if I'm counting correctly, excluding the 5 that technically came with the current physics). All GT1 cars + Pagani Zonda (6 cars). Formula Raceroom Junior. All GT2 cars (5 cars). Hillclimb icons (2 cars).

So 27 older cars have already been updated to the current physics model, while we already know more are being worked on. There have also been various handling tweaks and updates even on those cars that are not running the absolute latest physics model (like at least some of the WTCC classes and Audi TT), and let's not forget the manual transmission model has been completely re-done for all of the cars in the game.

So yeah, a little bit of old content indeed... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Well let's see...

All GT3 cars (13 cars if I'm counting correctly, excluding the 5 that technically came with the current physics). All GT1 cars + Pagani Zonda (6 cars). Formula Raceroom Junior. All GT2 cars (5 cars). Hillclimb icons (2 cars).

So 27 older cars have already been updated to the current physics model, while we already know more are being worked on. There have also been various handling tweaks and updates even on those cars that are not running the absolute latest physics model (like at least some of the WTCC classes and Audi TT), and let's not forget the manual transmission model has been completely re-done for all of the cars in the game.

So yeah, a little bit of old content indeed... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Little indeed. 27 out of estimated 100 "old" cars. But whatever, it's a personal problem anyways.

Being honest, if those 27 cars wouldn't be GT cars but Historics, I would have less to complain about. I just cannot enjoy the old physics model the GTO and Gr5 cars still run on, they are no fun for me to drive - again, a personal problem. I can appreciate the enormous undertaking it must be to update all the available cars and the need to make money with the odd content release - still the upgrades happen very slowly. I don't like inconsitent "evolution" stages in content, moreso if there is no indication in-game. It's the same in rF2 and was the similar back when AC was between tire models.

I'd like to add:
  • Bring the old content up to modern standards regarding physics model
  • Make it possible to disable Autoclutch in cars with sequential gearboxes
  • Simplify FFB configuration.
I think the FFB settings in RR are quite simple if one just focuses on the primary settings first. Leave all the secondary settings at zero and adjust the Vertical and Lateral forces to find the proper balance in basic effects. Then add a little spice as needed to get it just right. I don't use any Rack Forces at all.

I would like a bit of surface texture detail but, the fundamental effects are there and work very well.

I honestly just can't comprehend someone considering the Group 5 cars "no fun to drive", doubly so just because they are on a somewhat older physics model than the latest.

BTW, I've been looking for this the whole day and have finally found it. The current state of physics models in Raceroom where "newest" is the updated physics by Alex Hodgkinson, "new" is the slightly older physics model (2017ish?) and "old" is the old "floaty" physics:

i-DfJs5DB.png

Source.

Last edited:
Purchasing the ADAC GT Masters 2018 was a no-brainer for me considering the price. For me it was something like 3.50€.
Unfortunately they didn't manage to get all car licenses so far (e.g. Honda NSX). So no complete championship possible if I would like to nitpick.
But overall I am happy to see that Sector3 continues to bring GT Masters to life in R3E. Especially keen on using the Iron Force skin for the 911. :)

@ Sector3: Keep up the good work guys!

Funny that they bring ADAC GT Masters 2018 without all cars that compete in it.
What is the sense of doing so?

Imagine F1 2018 without Merc and Ferrari...

Easy, licences. If the manufacturer doesn't want their car featured it won't appear in the game.

It's a pain in the you know where but unfortunately it's the way things are these days.

I agree it would be great to have the entire field but sometimes it's not always possible.

Fingers crossed though that Ferrari and Lamborghini wake up and allow Sector3 to create the cars for this title. Would be a great addition and I can just imagine what the sound team could do with them :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000