RaceRoom: The RD British Grand Prix This Weekend (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Grand Prix.jpg

Find out how to sign up for our special edition RaceRoom Racing Experience live streamed event this Saturday 28th September - 90's Formula One at Silverstone!

Every so often our RaceRoom Racing Experience club staff put up an event with a difference, hosting a range of interesting machinery in a one-off event with a little bit more spice than usual - and this month it is the turn of historic open wheel cars at the home of the British Grand Prix.

Set to field a full grid of 1990's era Formula One cars around one of the most historic circuits on the world stage, the RaceRoom club is lining up a treat for drivers this coming weekend - and you can take part in the action yourself!

Broadcast live and exclusive on the RDTV YouTube channel, our next race in the popular R3E 'Special Events' schedule should provide another great showcase for the excitement and talent of our RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club members.

Subscribe to the RDTV YouTube Channel HERE.

How do you get yourself on the grid this Saturday do I hear you all ask? Simple! Make sure you are a Premium member of RaceDepartment, and head over to the event sign up thread HERE.

For those wondering when the action will take place, you can check out the full event timetable below:

Saturday 28/09/19

Cars:
FR X-90
Track: Silverstone - Historic GP

Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (80 minutes)

Again, to register you place on the grid, SIGN UP HERE.

Looking forward to this one, should be a great event from both the point of view of spectator and competitor!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios, and is available to download now.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD to join in the discussion, find some awesome League and Club Racing events, and of course download a mod or two as well..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
Thanks Michel - updated to OP to reflect the circuit configuration.

It is indeed the Silverstone Historic GP layout that will be in use.

Cheers!

P
To be exact, it is the modern layout with historic grid, start/finish line and pitlane. So it's not completely historic layout, the best part still missing as old section of the circuit not found anymore and that's so sad...

I wonder if I can find time for this race, hope there's a "full grid" this time

Just a suggestion: You could already schedule the livestream so interested people (like me) who would love to tune in but are certain to forget it (like me) can arrange to be notified by Youtube when you do go live :)

To be exact, it is the modern layout with historic grid, start/finish line and pitlane. So it's not completely historic layout, the best part still missing as old section of the circuit not found anymore and that's so sad...
Yeah its pretty sad that its only iRacing that does offer the real "historic" layout (1991) - and as all iRacings track in a laserscanned quality.

_Silverstone 1991-93.jpg

Kimmo Kokkonen

Premium
Yeah its pretty sad that its only iRacing that does offer the real "historic" layout (1991) - and as all iRacings track in a laserscanned quality.
Not only iRacing

Simbin's Race 07 / GTR Evolution includes also historic Silverstone. See video below, we used this layout with F1 2007 mod. Last section was the best part. They ruined whole track :(

Not only iRacing
Simbin's Race 07 / GTR Evolution includes also historic Silverstone.
Okok.
I didnt know that.:giggle:
Hehe then I think its even worse that Raceroom dont include this great layout.
Because as I understand it a lot of Racerooms tracks is directly ported from Simbin's Race 07.

I actually hate the modern Silverstone layout in Raceroom - hehe eventhough Im not doing it specially bad in Racerooms Leaderboard with the FR90´s.
/Bragging End:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Kimmo Kokkonen

Premium
This is not Race '07 track. It is conversion from rFactor...
True, I know it is mod but it found from my GTR Evolution game so it's available, just wondering that if it is already made so it shouldn't be so difficult for commercial game house to do the same, thought. Of course they can't use mods without permission. Anyway, RaceRoom Silverstone not include the real Historic Layout even they named it as Historic GP.

Much as I’d love to participate, I don’t think I can be trusted to actually race with this car, I’d be a danger to all around me.
@Jonathan Young, the whole purpose of our clubs is to offer racing to people of all ability levels. There are no points or prizes, it's just for fun and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. If you want to give this event a try, then please do. There will very likely be people of a similar level as you, as well as above and below, so it's all good. Just jump on in and have some fun, that's what we're here for! :)

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
Much as I’d love to participate, I don’t think I can be trusted to actually race with this car, I’d be a danger to all around me.

@Jonathan Young, the whole purpose of our clubs is to offer racing to people of all ability levels. There are no points or prizes, it's just for fun and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. If you want to give this event a try, then please do. There will very likely be people of a similar level as you, as well as above and below, so it's all good. Just jump on in and have some fun, that's what we're here for! :)

Not to mention that if not being a danger to others on track was a prerequisite for joining, I'd never have had a race. :D
Nor, for that matter, would the club ever run the Group 5s..... ;)

Thanks for the invite, I’ll look into it. I want to race more open wheelers and I do like these cars, but they’re tricky!

Hey guys and girls.
I just payed for a Premium membership here just to be able to participate in this RD British Grand Prix.
But when I wanted to enter the competition I can see that the 3 cars(liveries) I own is allready occupied.
And because I know that I will not normally be using any further liveries in this game I intend not to buy further liveries.
OK?;)
I own V8(#23), V10(#11), V12(#25).
If one of your guys who have taken my place :laugh: in this race own another livery then I would be gratefull if you would change your car number.
Hehe my personal favorite is the V10 (did you hear me Knut Mattheisen?) but both the V8 or the V12 would be acceptable :whistling:
Come on guys you probably own a lot of different liveries - OK?:laugh:

EDIT: Just to show my good will then if one of you guys give up "my car" then I promise that as some kind of Ferrari team order I will agree a free overtake for you in the race.:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%