RaceRoom Racing Experience Updated | Dubai Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have updated RaceRoom Racing Experience alongside release of the Dubai Autodrome circuit.

Having been on the tease for the last few weeks, the latest circuit addition to RaceRoom Racing Experience is here - the Dubai Autodrome.

Available now for via the RaceRoom Store, the new circuit comes in four different configurations (Grand Prix - 5.39 km | Club Circuit 2.46 km | National Circuit 3.56 km | International Circuit 4.29 km), and retails for around £4.44.

Although very much the headline of the new update, other highlights from the latest build of the title include improvements to the AI behaviour of the quality WTCR touring car content within the game, various very welcome online improvements and quite a few other small improvements, details of which can be seen below:

Update details:
Download size = 2.1 GB
Client version = 0.8.0.6592
Client BuildID = 4249150
Dedicated server version = 55.0.1028
Dedicated server BuildID = 4249152

Dedicated Server:
  • Added ability to determine the starting position of the race. When a starting grid is defined on the server, qualifying session will be skipped entirely. The server will place players on the grid in the exact order defined by the server administrator and will not perform any sorting by performance index.
  • Added ability to import users from a given leaderboard and a given team name to pre-populate the starting grid.
  • Added a chat box in the dedicated server interface to allow the broadcasting of messages to all players from the server admin.
  • Added a Weight Manager tool to easily manage the administration of success ballast for a large amount of players throughout a league championship. The manager can be pointed at the result of a past race and all players can be assigned weight following any kind of regulation with the help of custom formula's.
  • Added a latency indicator next to each of the connected players. It shows an average value that is calculated over a full minute.
Game:
  • Adjustments to Slowdown penalties that have been too harsh since the previous update, especially in high speed corners.
  • Increased connection timeouts from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in the hope to reduce the amount of disconnects from multiplayer sessions.
  • Improved automatic choice of graphic settings (at first start) based on the detected hardware.
  • Improved visibility of the message stating a game restart is required after switching to another monitor in fullscreen mode.
  • Attempt at getting rid of weird laser weapon sounds when cars transition from track to their garage position ( example )
  • Fixed saving of two identical screenshots when pressing the screenshot key while on a menu
Content:
  • Dubai Autodrome is now available with 4 layouts ( Grand Prix ; International ; National ; Club )
  • Audi R8 LMS - Fixed cockpit camera that was slightly off center
  • Audi TT cup - Fixed underbody feelers that were 2,5cm too low and made the car scrape the tarmac when it in fact should not.
  • Formula RaceRoom 90 - Updated physics (suspension and differential, rev limiter logic, increased oil cooling slightly); Improvements to AI behavior
  • GTR1 car class - Updated physics (aerodynamics, turbo buildup, rev limiter logic, tuned dampers) ; Improvements to AI behavior
  • GTR2 car class - Updated physics (Traction Control logic, dampers tuned, improved gearshifts) ; Improvements to AI behavior
  • Honda Civic TC1 - Fixed an issue where this car couldn't easily alternate between forward and reverse gears.
  • NSU TTS - Improvements to AI behavior (no more rolling over big curbs)
  • Pagani Zonda R - Updated physics (Traction Control logic, ABS improvements, dampers tuned, improved gearshifts)
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Updated physics (tuned dampers, tyre model, Traction Control and ABS improvements; Improvements to AI behavior
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Updated physics (tyre model refinements to have much more response to tyre pressures, tuned dampers and rear camber, differential tweaks) ; Improvements to AI behavior
  • Porsche 934 RSR - Tweaked rearview mirror UV
  • Porsche 911 Carrera (964) - Updated physics (rev limiter behavior, differential, suspension and dampers, tyre model, ABS improvements); Improvements to AI behavior
  • WTCR - Improvements to AI behavior

RaceRoom Updated - Dubai Released.jpg
RaceRoom Updated.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
It's all a cunning plan by S3, announce interest in U4, show some mocked up screen shots, then all developers with the backing jump onto the U4 bandwagon and the rest is history, S3 go on to dominate the Sim world for next 10 years using their Vulcan based engine. ;)
Failing that the new Turnip engine will be announced instead! :)

Wow does anyone really run this title anymore .

Yeah I still race on this regularly, like mentioned above it offers some cars and great tracks not available elsewhere. I just love the sound system as well. The effects are lovely.

The one bonus of this sim (which is also a downside I suppose). No mods to worry about. No time spent downloading addons, getting them to work, moving files, etc. You can just fire it up and start racing and sometimes that's really nice to be able to do that without worrying about compatibility.

I haven't done a league in ages (I've mainly been on RF2) but there are plenty still around on the Sector3 forums if you look for them.

Bar weather/time cycle, I struggle to see what this game is lacking? :)
Eventhough Raceroom is my prefered sim at the moment Im not blind that it is still missing some rather basic features - like listing individual laptimes:roflmao::
RRE needs a timing screen for replays. I'd like to see how consistent or not my laps were..
It is even more amateurish Raceroom dont have a timing screen/list in Practice mode.
Even most arcade racing games has this.:sneaky:
Hehe try to imagine a RL team entering a practice session without being able to see the individual laptimes.:roflmao::roflmao:
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...p-2019-live-stream.172959/page-5#post-3049835

To be fair, I could make a list of missing basic features for every racing game out there right now. :laugh:
Ofcourse - none of the racing games existing are fully complete and perfect.:thumbsup:
But be aware that I only listed this missing feature because its close to the absolutely most basic feature in practicing mode for a racing game.
And if I didnt know that the devs of Raceroom themselves are 100% sim racing entusiasts I would assume they had never started this game up themselves in practice mode.
Hehe but Im not so stupid and/or stubborn that I assume this:)

@Brandon
Probably a lot of people who hate to mess with setups has it the same way as you.:thumbsup:
They couldnt care less if a setup change in Practice or LB mode maybe gave 1/100 sec faster/slower laptimes.
So they never miss the individual laptimes in these 2 modes.
But since my iRacing times I have been a setup nerd who spend a lot of time in Practice (and TT/LB) modes.
So it irritates me A LOT that I have to use a pocket calculator to add or substract from displayed session fastest laptime the individual delta which is flashed for about half a sec when passing the finishing line.:poop:

Mod Edit: Having a different opinion is absolutely fine. Baiting people that do not share your views with name-calling absolutely is not. Don't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow does anyone really run this title anymore .
Absolutely. It's not perfect, and it's starting to show its age compared to other sims, but it still includes some really great tracks (and a lot of them are not available elsewhere.) It also has some great cars: DTM, WTCR, GT3, GT4. I'm less crazy about their open wheel cars, but it's still a terrific game. It does need an upgrade to DX11 (weather, night and day etc.) and the damage model could be better.

What R3E does, it does really well. A very good selection of cars, good track selection, terrific sound and graphics that are fairly decent. I also like the fact that it’s packaged together very nicely (it’s the anti-RF2 in that respect) - it’s very easy to live with and would be my first choice sim to recommend to a new sim-racer.

It’s what it doesn’t do that’s the problem. Aging graphics mean that it lacks graphical bells and whistles that deepen immersion (with R3E, it’s always apparent that you’ve playing a game). No day / night. No weather. Setup info is limited.

R3E won’t tax your machine, so it’s a great choice for people who haven’t upgraded their PC to a more modern one. For those who have, driving it compared to something like ACC is just too big a difference now. Sector 3 have got to move to a more modern engine or risk getting left behind. UE4 or perhaps the PCars engine has to be in their future, hopefully soon.

My main problem with R3E is the lack of being able to create authentic grids (for offline racing).
Dubai is great but for me it's so awkward racing e.g. VLN liveries there.
Custom skins or buyable packs from the actual events would be a real game changer for me.

(with R3E, it’s always apparent that you’ve playing a game)
To be honest, when i do a race or just hop in a session with the GT3 Cup or GT Cars aswell in R3E, i feel way more immersed into an actual "racedriver experience", than in rF2 (even if i play it more often, especially now for the brilliant NoS) for example. This comes from the well made sounds and overall less caring about menues and stuff, dashboards and cockpits are polished, even if not everytime the "most" acurate, when it comes to dials on the display and so on, because i spend most of the time in the cockpit, instead of tweaking text files, waiting on loading screens and thinking about adjusting my FFB, performance and strange stock setups. You get in the car and do your thing.

Even AMS, which is my #1 favourite sim of all time ever (i'm not kidding, it's like GTR2 on steroids and energy drinks for me), doesn't make it that uncomplicated for me, to "just drive" and this title on old foundation is polished harder, than a 50's street cruiser car. :D (but this also applies to R3E in my opinion)

R3E does indeed feel more "gamey", when you fire it up, but the most time on track, i don't care, because then, it feels "drivey", don't know, how to describe it...

I'm a fan of the approach: do that, what you can accomplish within your possibilities and polish it as much as you can. This is, why the pCars titles were failing for me personally, they try so many things with good ambition, but not nearly fiiling the potential, it has, unfortunately.

For those who have, driving it compared to something like ACC is just too big a difference now.

Yeah...no, i quite like both of the GT3 versions in both titles. So the difference is just optically for me (in terms of driving feel, i even prefer R3E a bit)...and i have to say, i don't really want to see R3E with UE4 graphics...

Last edited:
Has UE4 been confirmed for future R3E ?
It does not allow triple screen support, which is why I shelved ACC.
I do hope this is not true. Taking in account the need for being online, I guess the actual RaceRoom will not be continued then...that will be another sim gone for me...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back