Having been on the tease for the last few weeks, the latest circuit addition to RaceRoom Racing Experience is here - the Dubai Autodrome.
Available now for via the RaceRoom Store, the new circuit comes in four different configurations (Grand Prix - 5.39 km | Club Circuit 2.46 km | National Circuit 3.56 km | International Circuit 4.29 km), and retails for around £4.44.
Although very much the headline of the new update, other highlights from the latest build of the title include improvements to the AI behaviour of the quality WTCR touring car content within the game, various very welcome online improvements and quite a few other small improvements, details of which can be seen below:
Download size = 2.1 GB
Client version = 0.8.0.6592
Client BuildID = 4249150
Dedicated server version = 55.0.1028
Dedicated server BuildID = 4249152
- Added ability to determine the starting position of the race. When a starting grid is defined on the server, qualifying session will be skipped entirely. The server will place players on the grid in the exact order defined by the server administrator and will not perform any sorting by performance index.
- Added ability to import users from a given leaderboard and a given team name to pre-populate the starting grid.
- Added a chat box in the dedicated server interface to allow the broadcasting of messages to all players from the server admin.
- Added a Weight Manager tool to easily manage the administration of success ballast for a large amount of players throughout a league championship. The manager can be pointed at the result of a past race and all players can be assigned weight following any kind of regulation with the help of custom formula's.
- Added a latency indicator next to each of the connected players. It shows an average value that is calculated over a full minute.
- Adjustments to Slowdown penalties that have been too harsh since the previous update, especially in high speed corners.
- Increased connection timeouts from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in the hope to reduce the amount of disconnects from multiplayer sessions.
- Improved automatic choice of graphic settings (at first start) based on the detected hardware.
- Improved visibility of the message stating a game restart is required after switching to another monitor in fullscreen mode.
- Attempt at getting rid of weird laser weapon sounds when cars transition from track to their garage position ( example )
- Fixed saving of two identical screenshots when pressing the screenshot key while on a menu
- Dubai Autodrome is now available with 4 layouts ( Grand Prix ; International ; National ; Club )
- Audi R8 LMS - Fixed cockpit camera that was slightly off center
- Audi TT cup - Fixed underbody feelers that were 2,5cm too low and made the car scrape the tarmac when it in fact should not.
- Formula RaceRoom 90 - Updated physics (suspension and differential, rev limiter logic, increased oil cooling slightly); Improvements to AI behavior
- GTR1 car class - Updated physics (aerodynamics, turbo buildup, rev limiter logic, tuned dampers) ; Improvements to AI behavior
- GTR2 car class - Updated physics (Traction Control logic, dampers tuned, improved gearshifts) ; Improvements to AI behavior
- Honda Civic TC1 - Fixed an issue where this car couldn't easily alternate between forward and reverse gears.
- NSU TTS - Improvements to AI behavior (no more rolling over big curbs)
- Pagani Zonda R - Updated physics (Traction Control logic, ABS improvements, dampers tuned, improved gearshifts)
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Updated physics (tuned dampers, tyre model, Traction Control and ABS improvements; Improvements to AI behavior
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Updated physics (tyre model refinements to have much more response to tyre pressures, tuned dampers and rear camber, differential tweaks) ; Improvements to AI behavior
- Porsche 934 RSR - Tweaked rearview mirror UV
- Porsche 911 Carrera (964) - Updated physics (rev limiter behavior, differential, suspension and dampers, tyre model, ABS improvements); Improvements to AI behavior
- WTCR - Improvements to AI behavior
RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.
The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!