RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Those of you with a keen eye will have noticed RaceRoom Racing Experience went down for maintenance early today.. well, it's back up and freshly updated.

The new build of RaceRoom Racing Experience should be available next time you restart your Steam client, and in this latest 544mb hotfix the developers have mostly looked to address various cars within the title - adding fixes, tweaks and improvements across a wide variety of content.

Changelist:
  • Fixed revlimiter issues introduced in a previous update
Content updates:
  • All cars - Reduced differences between car classes with regards to damage and detachable parts falling off the car.
  • DTM 2013 - 2016 - Added default gear ratios for Daytona
  • DTM 92 car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Formula RaceRoom 3 - Improved AI behaviour
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Improved default car setup
  • Group 5 car class - Updated physics
  • GTO car class - Improved AI behaviour, added default gear ratios for Daytona, fixed an error with AI’s handling of the Audi 90 gear ratios. Updated drivetrain oscillation effects, differential behaviour and baulktorque values.
  • Hillclimb Icons - Updated default gear ratios
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Endurance spec version now received a wider range of spring settings, dampers and ride height adjustments
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Fixed cockpit cameras that were off center
  • Porsche 962C - Retrieved dumpvalve sounds on gearshifts in cockpit cameras after popular request
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed default final drive for Knutstorp that was way too long, improved AI behaviour
  • Touring Classics car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Daytona Moto and Road Course - Limited AI tendency to sometimes hit the tyres in turn 1 of the first lap
  • Sepang North - Fixed a wrong cut track penalty triggered while entering pitlane

In case you missed it, Sector3 have also recently deployed booth the Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR, you can read all about these two new pieces of content here.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E Update 1.jpg

Just had a blast, the difference is Raceroom is the tyres seem to need a few laps to come to life as such. Having never driven on any type of race tyre I don't know if this is how it is IRL?
Yes it is. If a sim is giving you perfect tyres from the pits in a class which doesn't have tyre warmers, they're doing it wrong. All tyres are made to work at an optimum temperature, even regular road tyres.

I used to love R3E then one of the FFB updates last year not the December one but one before then completely has ruined it for me for whatever reason I can never get the cars to turn in any sort of corner with speed I always have to turn the wheel like 3x as much as what I should have to checked all steering rotations and speed sensitive steering does nothing keep going back each couple of updates but no luck :unsure:

I can't drive R3E with my triple setup mate :( I need to be able to adjust the seat tilt because some cars when I have the seat in position all I can see is roof and if I lower seat to get proper amount of windscreen all I have is half a screen of dash! Can you please make the seat tilt work for triple users? All my R3E content (money I've spent) is wasted until you do! It works in single screen but not triples and it obviously can work because it is possible to change file numbers to get the tilt to work but it's very hard to do for all cars!

How does it not work with triple screens, what's the issue?

The reason R3E is one of the least favorite (maybe after older sims like iRacing) in Racedepartment polls is certainly not the lack of the cars or liveries printed and copied and are out offered to sell. Maybe something else?

Hints?

Physic..
Driving fee..
Tyre mode..
Damage mode..
Rai..
Modern graphic..
Or?????????

R3E2.....?????

Sorry to burst your bubble but why would Sector 3 use an engine that is created by a team that also used to make up Simbin?! look into what happened when they split and created Sector 3 and Slightly Mad and you will see it wasnt a peaceful split at all. Plus SMS now owned by Codemasters you will end up with Codemasters taking credit for any game created on the SMS engine as they were doing last week on twitter with AMS2.
LOL...no bubble bursted sir ;)...was just joking....though I thought all the emoji's might have conveyed that ;):redface::rolleyes::confused::).
...although I did not know about Codemasters taking credit for any game created on the SMS engine...that's sad indeed:(

Seems like outside RD polls it's gaining quite a popularity, being at the top of others, except AC elephant of course

View attachment 374824

So R3E is the one next to 1k and rF2 is the one close to 0k?

If yes, then I can't say numbers lie.

Life isn't fair towards the developer who gives you weekly road map in my opinion.

Is there a benefit to DX 11 other than amount of stress on resources?
Well, if you need less resources to run the game, you also free some of them for other things that may currently not be possible because they would drag the performance down too much.

And no, contrary to what some people will tell you, graphics would not magically improve just by switching to DX11.

Is there a benefit to DX 11 other than amount of stress on resources?
Does AI improve?
Do physics improve?
Do the amount of competitors increase?
It's so annoying (not your question) to read about the DX11 thing all the time. There is practically no difference at the start, it may even degress some things. It would bring more versatility for the developer, of course, but it will not be the holy grail, like people always expect in these threads...

And no, contrary to what some people will tell you, graphics would not magically improve just by switching to DX11.
CORRECT!(!!)

Also it will not magically improve performance or CPU usage, without also using the tools given and this will take time. It could even cause assets and certain areas of the game to not work properly anymore.

I can LITERALLY see the moaning in front of my eyes, if the step to a newer technology is done and things are not working as polished, as we knew it by R3E, anymore.

Expectation in something like a new engine or DX11 are WAY too high.

I just remind you guys about something like old "shiny" rF2 content, that isn't optimized for DX11.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing