Sector3 Studios have released a surprise new patch today for RaceRoom Racing Experience bringing a number of fixes to the title including a very promising sounding resolution to the join lag issue hampering many online multiplayer sessions.
Key features from the latest patch include an updated physics overall of the popular Group 5 car pack brining these roaring beasts closer in line with the recent physics enhancements developed by the Swedish studio.
The recent move to larger online grids and subsequent limited testing period now seems to be complete with the unlocking of bigger grids in multiplayer dedicated servers alongside the earlier mentioned removal (hopefully) of join lag when online and new users enter the server. This will be a big result for the team if it works as intended as join lag is perhaps one of the most frustrating online issues with the title at present.
Further boosting the numbers of the already massive GT3 pack has been achieved with the removal of the Ford Mustang GT3 from its own category into the GTR3 pack, the car, along with a selection of liveries, has received some minor BOP adjustments to ensure its compatibility with its new GTR3 classmates.
We understand that some of our players are experiencing crashes when loading into or during game session in Nordschleife. While we have made some optimizations it is still possible that you may experience crashes due to memory allocation failure. If this occurs, you can try the following to reduce the overall memory usage.
- Disable replay recording. This is done by adding -disableReplay to Steam Launch Options.
- Turn Opponent cockpit off in Video Settings.
- Reduce Track and Car Texture Quality in Video Settings.
- Reduce Shader and Car Reflection Quality in Video Settings.
Some users have reported that loading a car with a custom car setup after a physics update was deployed would sometimes result in a broken car behavior. We recommend to Reset your car setup to the new default values to prevent any such issue.
- Fixed the join lag in multiplayer
- Unlocked bigger grids for everyone in dedicated servers
- Chat messages in MP are now yellow and allow 156 characters
- Group 5 class physics update
- Ford Mustang GT3 moved to GTR3 class
- Fixed an issue with game finding wrong camera in pitlane.
- Fixed so game gets properly paused in singleplayer race monitor if the user opens the steam overlay.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during loading.
- Reduced memory usage when loading into a track.
- Fixed an issue in Garage menu where FFB remained active
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to use lower fuel quantities in Leaderboard Challenges and Competitions.
- Due to this exploit we will soon remove entries that were created since the exploit was introduced.
- Fixed an issue in pitstops where it would take extra 3-4 seconds after confirming 0L fuel or if the pit stop preset had no fuel needed. The game now it checks if fuel will be added, if not it cancels that action. If it was the only action, whole pitstop is cancelled.
- Fixed cars full throttling at pitstops.
- Fixed an issue where players were getting cut track penalties at pit entry.
- Added missing fallback pages for DTM 2015 that was causing infinite black screen at launch for players when they failed to get the online loading screen.
- Fixed issue with compact data display being positioned incorrectly on different aspect ratios.
- Added default profiles and wheel ranges for Thrustmaster 150 and TMX wheels.
- Added proper filtering to car setup load/save system.
- Restyled the car setup a little.
- Fixed an issue that was causing a crash at launch if the player had an older version of graphics.xml
- Fixed header formatting for certain system backend requests that might reduce certain timeouts.
- Fixed the severe freeze that occurred in MP when another player joins.
- Added Bigger grids to player dedicated servers.
- Please note the max opponent allowed depends on your track rotation. E.g. If you have a track that only has 24 slots in your rotation, that will be your max opponent allowed overall, despite having a track that goes up to 100. This is to ensure no one gets kicked out/disconnects when they choose to continue to next track. If you want 100 cars you have to make sure not to include a track with less grid slots available.
- Please also note that the game becomes quite laggy after 40. While we will look into optimizing things, you should avoid setting a track with more than 35-40 opponents.
- Fixed so the player is put on the Garage menu after pressing and holding ESC instead of having to press and hold ESC twice
- Increased chat message max length to 156.
- Changed message area/box text color to yellow so it’s more readable if background is white.
- Group 5 class: Physics update, sounds adjusted. Due to the physics update the leaderboards of these cars are wiped.
- WTCC 2015 class : BOP adjustment in preparation of TCOne, AI tweaks
- Ford Mustang GT3 : Moved to GTR3 class, physics & sound update
- GTO Classics Class : AI tweaks, improved fuel estimates
- Audi 90Q : Fixed cases where the car would fail to park into the pit spot.
- Audi R18 P1 : Removed the flame on backfires (Diesel…) and fixed a case where the suspension arms would break on front wheels when applying a high amount of steering
- Mistral 530 and DMD P20 : Fixed suspension arms breaking under high steering
- P4/5 Competizione : Added Downshift Prevention beep
- Hockenheim : Camera sets added
- Suzuka : Fixed incorrect spawn positions when using high amount of opponents
- Nordschleife - 24H layout : AI tweaks
- Shanghai : Fixed AI going too fast into the hairpin
- Bentley Continental GT3 : Approvals tweaks
- Group 5 class: Fixed holes in shadows
- Chevrolet Dekon Monza : Fixed some cockpit gauges
- Nissan Skyline 2000RS : Fixed tacho dial
- Ford GT GT3 : Fixed some blurps of pixels on the side mirrors
- Ford Mustang GT3 : Improved some old looking textures on the tail lights
- BMW M3 E30 : Wheels were not perfectly round, causing weird FFB signals
- Brands Hatch : Fixed a hole in the ground
- Hockenheim : Fixed a hole in the ground on the inside of Sachskurve
- Norisring : Fixed some normals on pitbuilding, tuned IGA banners for a better visual fit, tweaks to generics and props
- Salzburgring : Reduced grip, Moved tyre stacks a bit further away from the apex
- Zandvoort : Upped the maximum opponents to 32
- Fixed an issue where players would get different total price depending on the order of packs in cart. Portal now always ensures player gets the highest discount regardless of order.
The RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club offers a stunning selection of cars and tracks from Sector3's latest game in a freindly environment for experienced and new players alike. Head over to the sub forum now to catch up on the latest news, share discussion topics with like minded individuals and enjoy some high calibre club racing with the great cars found in game!
Have you tried the new patch yet? What do you think of the inclusion of the Mustang in GT3? Let us know in the comments section below!
Last edited by a moderator: