RaceRoom Racing Experience | GT2 Audi R8 LMS Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are hard at work putting together a December build update for the simulation, and headlining the selection of new content set to be added is the brand new GT2 specification Audi R8 LMS!

The Porsche 911 GT2 RS is already available within the simulation, so the added good news about this announcement is another car for the class - bringing two of the most interesting new car designs of recent seasons into RaceRoom Racing Experience.

50671521626_45a2280305_o.jpg

In further positive news, Sector3 Studios have also hinted December will bring with it quite a sizeable new update to the sim, with more content yet to be announced.

Exciting times ahead it seems !

Audi R8 LMS GT2 Specifications:
  • 640 HP
  • 550 Nm
  • V10 engine
  • 7-speed transmission
The R8 LMS GT2 is the most powerful sports car in the history of the Audi customer racing program.

50671605412_fccb44de01_o.jpg

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50670778973_60f3cc8f4e_o.jpg

Last edited:
That is some good news, nice!

But how does this work as I just last week bought the premium package?
Is this going to be another package, a single car, or what?
Does anyone know?
You buy it separately or in any other pack, if its gonna be included. Keep in mind, that you can only buy each pack once and it contains items included at the time or purchase. If i were to guess, its gonna be available only as a single item and in GT2 pack (so bundled with GT2 Porsche). On the other hand, maybe we are gonna see more pack overhauls, just like recent starter pack changes

Last edited:
Fair enough, I don't tend to run with many cars on track so maybe I haven't noticed. ACC is a hell of a lot better than it used to be though GeForce Experience still seems to think I should run it on low settings on an RTX3070 :)

edit, just tried a 40 car race at Monza @3840x1080 and getting 80-100fps even when there's 12-15 cars in front???
Wait what?! Low settings on a 3070?! Ahahahah i mean i can run it 4K 50fps medium/high settings on a 1070...

Recently RaceRoom hasn't been running that great for me but that is not on the track, it's in the menus. Just loading the store for example, or even going to Game.raceroom.com to use the store without playing the title, is loading incredibly slow. There are a handful of new liveries I wanted to scoop up but the moment I attempt to put anything in my shopping cart, the site/service just endlessly processes it.

The game also takes a long time to load up races and practice sessions and I figured there was something happening on Sector 3's end. This now bit of news confirms my suspicions that there is an update on the way. Good to know, and great to see what they have planned. I'll let my VRP stay right where it is, and I'll get the car when it releases.

BTW, as far as performance, visible cars is the biggest performance killer in my experience. If you have too many visible cars, the DX9 engine quickly runs out of breath.

That’s a fair point. I’m running against AI in 4K with max settings (and my pc is nearly 6 years old) so I was wondering how I can do this whilst some others can’t.

I think you’re probably right. If the pc is having to draw 30 odd cars it would be an issue on a DX9 engine. I think I have mine set on about 10 or so.

I’m not a fanboy and I enjoy all sims we currently have but visually I still very much like R3E. The whole sound and visual experience on the title is still very good.

What impresses me is the detail and small touches on the cars and around the tracks. They just go to a lot of effort for sure.

Actually...
SimBin = dead, split into Sector3 and SMS
Actually not really the case. Folks left Simbin in the early days to form Blimey Games, who then continued working as a contractor on two Simbin titles. Simbin continued as Simbin for many years after until they bankrupted and came back as Sector 3 Studios working on R3E. Blimey went down as well eventually and came back as SMS creating the SHIFT series and PCars.

What SImbin UK are doing nowadays is a mystery to me as well.

I think you’re probably right. If the pc is having to draw 30 odd cars it would be an issue on a DX9 engine. I think I have mine set on about 10 or so.
I know I'm right at least as far as my experience with various Raceroom testing goes. I'm running around 16 visible cars I think. That's about the maximum I can get without framerate dipping below 60 at Spa on the first lap down the hill to Eau Rouge, which is my Raceroom stress test. If I use more, the framerate can go lower - it can even drop below 50 if I add enough cars. And the game thread is completely pegged, while the GPU has plenty of headroom. As also evidenced by the fact that I've recently upgraded to 1440p, and the framerate stayed the same, despite the resolution needing quite a bit more GPU power ;)

No other option influences framerate (because of CPU single-thread performance limits) in Raceroom as much as visible cars in my experience.

" Wait what?! Low settings on a 3070?! Ahahahah i mean i can run it 4K 50fps medium/high settings on a 1070... "

Oh don't get me wrong, I can play ACC easily on Epic. It's just GeForce Experience that seems to think I should run it on low! I like the idea of GeForce Experience but it sometimes vastly under or over estimates the suggested settings. As a polar opposite it reckons I should run Watch Dogs Legion maxed out including ray tracing at 3840x1080. When I try to I get 45 fps which is not acceptable imo.

Last edited:
Being from the 486 sx33 days I must say I find complaints of less than 60fps amusing. I remember getting 15fps in Indycar and thinking that was something! At the extreme end you've got people complaining when they don't hit 144fps.

At least ram doesn't cost £130 for 4mb like it did in 1993.

Being from the 486 sx33 days I must say I find complaints of less than 60fps amusing. I remember getting 15fps in Indycar and thinking that was something! At the extreme end you've got people complaining when they don't hit 144fps.

At least ram doesn't cost £130 for 4mb like it did in 1993.
I have had pretty weak computers all my life. Current one is my second build from when I was still studying/started working and I had to make compromises. Far from high-end. The thing is I am not criticizing that it runs bad. I am criticizing it compared to the game industry and especially other sims in general. For a game that looks as it looks and simulates what it simulates, it should run much better. But it is simply not optimized for modern computers. Sure, having an i9-9999 (or Ryzen 5XXX from now) helps, but R3E is not something that should need it. This all comes to choice, pros and cons. If the competition is better overall (smoother while looking better and arguably producing a more realistic simulation) than I will spend my limited time with the competition, despite R3E having a lot of pros especially in the content department (only sim that had my home track for example).

When I was around what 6-7 and got a PS1, it was mind blowing. Then a few years later I saw GT4 in a store running on a PS2 and I considered it photorealistic (I vividly remember it). Today, not so much. Standards of the past do not apply in the present, even if they were awesome in the past. Today, one gets used to higher smoother frame rates, going back is just hard, it makes the game less immersive. Especially when the reason is bad optimization, not a mind blowing generational leap that the hardware isn't ready for. And what makes me even more angry about R3E is that it used to run well, then they changed something 2-3 years ago and suddenly it doesn't. And I would still like to play it, but it is just unenjoyable for me because of these technical reasons.

Last edited:
Recently RaceRoom hasn't been running that great for me but that is not on the track, it's in the menus. Just loading the store for example, or even going to Game.raceroom.com to use the store without playing the title, is loading incredibly slow. There are a handful of new liveries I wanted to scoop up but the moment I attempt to put anything in my shopping cart, the site/service just endlessly processes it.

The game also takes a long time to load up races and practice sessions and I figured there was something happening on Sector 3's end. This now bit of news confirms my suspicions that there is an update on the way. Good to know, and great to see what they have planned. I'll let my VRP stay right where it is, and I'll get the car when it releases.
I had this recently. Is Steam overlay enabled? If you enable it things will work for you. Or it did for me, Christ knows why but I had disabled it.

I had this recently. Is Steam overlay enabled? If you enable it things will work for you. Or it did for me, Christ knows why but I had disabled it.
Its back to working normally, I didn't have to do anything. Last time there was a big update looming, R3E was a bit slow on my end, so thats what I assumed was happening here.

About Steam overlay, it didn't effect R3E in any way on my end so I left it in place.

Its back to working normally, I didn't have to do anything. Last time there was a big update looming, R3E was a bit slow on my end, so thats what I assumed was happening here.

About Steam overlay, it didn't effect R3E in any way on my end so I left it in place.
Yeah I don't remember exactly why I turned it off in the first place. But now it's back on the game works.

Will there be any FFB updates coming in the future? My wheel on the straights feels rather numb and lifeless compared to other racing titles (Fana csw 2.5).
I have a CSW 2.5, maybe these settings give you something, they are not perfect, by any means but who knows. Don't lower your FEI and try to avoid using drift mode at all.
It will likely oscilate sometimes (standing still without power steering because engine off, can cause it), you could try lowering vertical forces and FFB steering force intensity a bit and play with car multiplicator.
It's in german, but the order of settings should be the same:
20201205130415_1.jpg20201205130417_1.jpg20201205130420_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back