RaceRoom Racing Experience: Bilster Berg Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Bilster Berg 2.jpg

Set to release in the very near future, the epic 4.2 km Bilster Berg circuit is heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience!

Perhaps unknown to all but the most knowledgeable of race fans, Bilster Berg is set to become the next circuit to be released for RaceRoom Racing Experience - following closely on from the recent Dubai Autodrome track that was made available for RaceRoom early last week.

So, what can players expect to find once they hit the circuit in Bilster Berg? According to Sector3 Studios, the track consists of 19 corners at "one of Europe's most demanding circuits among motorsport professionals", and features some significant elevation changes that should provide an entertaining test for sim racers within who drive the track within the game.

Set to come complete with no-less than five different layouts at launch, the new track should be made available to purchase within the title in the very, very near future.

Meanwhile, this is what a lap feels like from the cockpit:

In game shots:
R3E Bilster Berg 1.jpg
R3E Bilster Berg 3.jpg
R3E Bilster Berg 4.jpg

For RaceRoom Racing Experience news and discussion, head on over to the R3E sub forum and get in touch with your fellow sim racing fans!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
A 4.2km track with 5 layouts and built by Tilke (in one of his good days) is a "little" track to you? The only reason it's unknown is becouse it's a private track, but otherwise the layout is amazing.
OK, not so little...but...blasphemy alert!!!! but it is narrow and rollercoast... ish like Brands Hatch and I hate that track either with those unvisible and unlearnable turns.
I love wide, F1 tracks like Barcelona, Monza or Sepang.

it is narrow and rollercoast... ish like Brands Hatch and I hate that track either with those unvisible and unlearnable turns.
I love wide, F1 tracks like Barcelona, Monza or Sepang.
So you:
Hate narrow rollercoast tracks (the most fun)
Hate Brands Hatch :confused:
Love modern F1 tracks :sleep:

Well, yes, you definitely won't like Blister Berg then. Maybe Sector 3 will release COTA in the future just for you :D

------------------
On a different note, as much as I've wanted Blister Berg in a sim for for some time, I'm playing less and less Raceroom as time goes on, and taking very little advantage of the 150€ (more or less) I've spent on this sim already. The FFB is nice (after some tweeking) and the physics are (slowly) getting better but still don't feel "quite there" for me. Maybe I just burn out on Raceroom, since it's my most played game according to Steam, but wathever it is, Raceroom just doesn't excite me to spend more money on it these days and mostly all I use it for are the leaderboard challenges.

So yeah, until some significant improvements come up that I might feel exited about I'll be saving my money for AMS2 for the time being.

Last edited:
Guys, can we please keep this thread on topic just for once? There is now a separate thread for those wanting to discuss the pros and cons of R3E and what they think S3 need to do in order to improve it. I'll sticky it if necessary.

Please post those kinds of comments there, rather than in every single patch/content thread.

Thanks.

Looks like a superb track to me, never heard of it before and not being a fan of Nords this "mini" version could well get me back into RRE when I get time....oh and i actually like Dubai as well so that's another bonus!

Wicked track.

It does look more like a PvE (hotlapping/track day, learning proper technique) than a PvP (racing) track? It also looks hideously difficult to master?

That said, that Golf R lap was pretty brilliant -- looks like that car hits the sweet spot for a track like this; in contrast, the GT3 Cup seemed like it was almost too much car for it?

It is one of my favorite tracks for a variety of cars. It puts your car through just about every kind of track characteristic, it's challenging, but rewarding. Its' location and the quality of the grounds and facilities are excellent--very focused, but "relaxing" at the same time. It's like you're going to a well-funded and maintained woodland park... with a race track running through it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.