RaceRoom Racing Experience Announced by SimBin

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Finally SimBin has made an end to the speculations about their mysterious upcoming game as they have now revealed some more details including the format and name of their upcoming title. As expected after Simbin's marketing director confirmed that we haven't seen any GTR 3 screenshots until today. This is what the press release stated:

Game developer SimBin Studios AB and publisher RaceRoom Entertainment AG are proud to announce RaceRoom Racing Experience™, a new Free 2 Race concept, soon to be released.

RaceRoom Racing Experience combines traditional game play with a brand new community portal, all connected and seamlessly built into one platform making it More Than a Game™.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a Free 2 Race concept where a high end racing game is provided for free. The concept offers the opportunity to purchase additional content, thus allowing every user to build the game of their dreams.

RaceRoom Racing Experience™ will be presented at GamesCom in SimBin’s exhibition booth, hosted by publisher RaceRoom Entertainment AG, found in hall 8.1, booth 030. Eight simulators will be hosted onsite for GamesCom attendees to get a first look at the new concept. Leading staff from SimBin will be available onsite to answer questions and provide walkthroughs for drop in as well as booked guests and media.​

What do our readers think? Will we ever see a GTR 3?

racing-experience-620x348.jpg
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited:
Downloaded the DEMO Race07 & GTR evolution :cry: Its not oke grafic wise :( driving was oke but the rest suck's ( AMD 6870 1GB :thumbsup: )
I recently got Race Injection during the Steam sale and I think the graphics are fine, yes games like Dirt, Shift, Burnout etc. are better but the overall gaming experience is not. Sometimes it's to easy to judge by appearance, mind you that's also true of life.:)

If it's the old gmotor2 than I don't need a new RaceRoom, I can build my own game with GTR2 and Race07
I mostly agree with that, but GSC showed what a top mod team can do with even an old game engine.
I think that there's too many other new titles for this idea of Simbins to work.

I've bought rFactor2 and pCars, and am looking forward to buying Assetto Corsa and GTR3 (if they ever release it).
However, I have no plans whatsoever to buy add on content for any free to play race sim.

My view is that this project will go the same way as Microsofts Flight should it ever see the light of day.

I think that there's too many other new titles for this idea of Simbins to work.

I've bought rFactor2 and pCars, and am looking forward to buying Assetto Corsa and GTR3 (if they ever release it).
However, I have no plans whatsoever to buy add on content for any free to play race sim.

My view is that this project will go the same way as Microsofts Flight should it ever see the light of day.
I was talking to one of my sons just the other day about paid for dlc, he's a dedicated sim racer and has been for many years. He says when you relate what it costs him to race compared to his brothers golfing costs it fades to almost nothing. My other son pays a fortune every month for his tv subscription. I sometimes think that we sim racers can, if we wish, enjoy our hobby for relatively little layout.
Like other hobbies you can spend a lot on kit if you wish, but if this game's good then I don't have a problem paying for it. I would happily buy Iracing except that I'm not a great online player, but I'm sure those that are don't grudge the cost.

I agree Kenny. If SimBin's game is fantastic, I'll buy DLC so long as the price is reasonable. I'll do the same for Assetto Corsa, CARS and whatever games Reiza have in the works.
Agreed, sometimes it's good just to support the developers. I've bought several games that I know I'll hardly play, but if it keeps the smaller guys in the game and allows them to expand then it's worth it.

As long as i get to keep what ive paid for it works for me..:D
I also love my offline time..
GTR2 round Spa in my TVR with 62 cars on track.. ( perfect afternoon fun on my own)
That is unfortunately where Iracing falls down, of course it must be quite an expensive operation to do what they do and it is a business model as well as a game. It probably is unique in the sim racing genre and indeed groundbreaking.

Ive never got into iRacing to be honest Ive not felt the need.. i tried it at a friends and it didn't blow my mind, I do realise this was no way to judge a sim.. but when i tried other Demo's Ive felt a connection to the game and bought it ... i have this feeling when trying simbin products, if it Simbin Ive got it..
Ive never even really tried rFactor/2.. But with AC looking so good im am stating to worry, But feel/hope they will be using there latest game engine and sounds..

When Simbin was asked if they would go the iRacing root Jay Ekkel said at the point of posting there was no plans to charge for online play.
As DLC was already up for grabs in race07, this was telling me what to expect .
Another comment was about the screen shots, as to which sim they were from ...
the reply was, ...Why not have it for both...
Are we now looking at a free base content that can be used on and offline with different modules/series/tracks as a DLC in the future,
So why shoot themselves in the foot by using the old game engine,,, we have all we need to this ourselves with GTR2,GTL,RACE07 etc... as was posted by Peter Koch...

On the Iracing thing, I gather that it takes time to appreciate its qualities.
Somebody made the point, that Simbin are not the Simbin we used to know. I agree it would be a mistake not to advance with the new game engines, although I'm not a graphics whore I would be disappointed if they weren't significantly better than a 6 year old games.

I was talking to one of my sons just the other day about paid for dlc, he's a dedicated sim racer and has been for many years. He says when you relate what it costs him to race compared to his brothers golfing costs it fades to almost nothing. My other son pays a fortune every month for his tv subscription. I sometimes think that we sim racers can, if we wish, enjoy our hobby for relatively little layout.
Like other hobbies you can spend a lot on kit if you wish, but if this game's good then I don't have a problem paying for it. I would happily buy Iracing except that I'm not a great online player, but I'm sure those that are don't grudge the cost.
Kenny, I am appalled to read such common sense on a simracing news story. Where is the hate? Where is the sense of entitlement?

Just kidding, and from someone that joined iRacing when I could barely turn left and right, go ahead. It's a good game and a lot of fun. I own all the major sims and I race them all the time. One day it's iRacing, the next rFactor 1, the next rF2. I don't care. I race when I feel like, if I win, great, if I lose (which is most times) it's great too.

And I don't mind paying for it either, as long as the price is reasonable. And it sure is cheaper than golf :)

Kenny, I am appalled to read such common sense on a simracing news story. Where is the hate? Where is the sense of entitlement?

Just kidding, and from someone that joined iRacing when I could barely turn left and right, go ahead. It's a good game and a lot of fun. I own all the major sims and I race them all the time. One day it's iRacing, the next rFactor 1, the next rF2. I don't care. I race when I feel like, if I win, great, if I lose (which is most times) it's great too.

And I don't mind paying for it either, as long as the price is reasonable. And it sure is cheaper than golf :)
Thanks for your kind words Corrado.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back