Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RRE_GT4_Live_Stream.jpg

Today at 20:00 UTC we will be interviewing Sector3 Studios and trying the upcoming GT4 RaceRoom DLC… here’s how to catch the action live…

Broadcasting live on the RaceDepartment Twitch TV page from 20:00 UTC on Friday 23rd November, RaceDepartment, Sector3 Studios and select drivers will be taking to the circuit in RaceRoom Racing Experience to sample the upcoming GT4 three car DLC pack set to hit the simulation in the very near future.

We will be quizzing Sector3’s own Alex Hodgkinson on what goes on with physics development behind the scenes, as well has discussing with JF Chardon the complexities of licencing such a wide and varied selection of cars that are found in RaceRoom Racing Experience – plus lots more!

You can watch the Live Stream here from 20:00 UTC

As well as doing some driving, having a chat about the sim and sampling some of what the upcoming update is set to contain, we will also be opening up the show to our community members, giving those who tune in live the opportunity to submit questions to the developers that they have to answer live on air – so don’t miss your opportunity!

Starting at 20:00 UTC / 8pm UK / 15:00 EST, you can catch all the action live at the RaceDepartment Twitch Channel, or later on our YouTube page.

Watch again on YouTube:

Like what we do here at RaceDepartment? Never miss a thing again by following us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

For info, you can re watch via twitch on demand HERE, and it will be uploaded to YouTube within the next couple of hours or so :)

Also, please stay tuned later today for some more footage offline in all 3 of the GT4's, both in cockpit and replay cams. Races at Macau, Chang and Nürburgring :)

Oh, please do feel free to give us a like and subscribe / follow on both channels if you are feeling generous !

Cheers

Apparently they did not say anything about improving the AI, incorporating an AI aggression slider, the players keep complaining about the same thing for years, they still complain now in the official forum, but they never fix it.

It is one of the most important parts of the offline game.

The "simulator" has potential but the brutal clashes of the AI are very annoying.

Yep 3 GT4's with new physics and tyre model.
5 updated GT2's, inc one new one, P4/5, all with new physics/tyre model. Plus 2 tyre compounds, soft lasting up to 45 mins and a harder one lasting up to 90 mins.
The M3 and P 4/5 sound absolutely glorious.
Updated 911 Cup car.
Both Hillclimb icons updated.
H-shifter has been completely reworked for all cars that use it, gearboxes go BANG once more!
Total tyre model makeover with all functions of a tyre having the possibility of future incorporation into Sim.
Total overhaul of UI, lots of additions like head movement, look to apex etc.
Total retake on assists, no more Novice, Amateur, Get Real. Now you apply the assist you require, whether the car originally has it or not, basically off, factory, on. Weight penalties for the use of some aids.
Anthony has been busy improving numerous sounds (hard to believe that's possible).
Other news, 6 new tracks in the pipeline, DTM92/Touring Classics getting physics/tyre updates as are the GT3's, Porsche's are coming, Historical content on the horizon.
I didn't start watching til midnight due to serious buffering live, so didnee get to my bed til well past 2, so bound to have forgot loads but a brief rundown of what was talked about.
Have to say there was a lot more than I anticipated and all good news, in fact JF mentioned this being a landmark update and I'm inclined to agree from what was said.
Fair shout to S3, some serious tlc being sprinkled over my favourite Sim.
Suddenly feel all festive! :whistling:

Were all these changes going to be in one update or is this just a long-term roadmap?

Were all these changes going to be in one update or is this just a long-term roadmap?
Everything up to "other news" gonna be included in the next update, but i cant recall any "total overhaul of ui", i remember only changes to server browser, better filters etc (correct me if im wrong on this one)

Last edited:
That's how it works in AC. Excellent news.
How it happens in just about all Sims, JF acknowledged S3 were behind in this and from Wednesday, they won't. :thumbsup: UI changes look so much more user friendly and concise.

Very much looking forward to next weeks patch, appears a vast amount of time spent on improving what we already have, being an early adopter one can only doff ones hat at S3 for showing some love, especially to the M3 GT2 car, was my absolute favourite for the first couple years and I've missed it dearly. Took it out for a blast of nostalgia before it becomes competitive once more and although from the Tugboat era regarding physics, careering down the Green mile in this thing is still exhilarating, even if most of it was spent with my eyes squeezed tightly shut. :cool:
Just gonna be so great to get my banana boat back!

Having finally watched the whole stream, while Paul certainly did his best as always and the stream was obviously still very good and informative, I kept thinking it would be great if someone more familiar with Raceroom and its issues, especially regarding the multiplayer, was involved in this.

Having finally watched the whole stream, while Paul certainly did his best as always and the stream was obviously still very good and informative, I kept thinking it would be great if someone more familiar with Raceroom and its issues, especially regarding the multiplayer, was involved in this.
Did think the very same myself, bit of homework needed or indeed someone who actually uses RR. Then that has always been Racerooms problem, very few of the mainstream streamers :O_o: stream :sleep: with RR and on the media side it's seen more as small fish in a large ocean. Until it's taken more seriously I can't see a lot changing, of course big updates like this go a long way to curing this but gotta be time S3 got their elbows out and started to make a bit of a fight of it, never a better time!
Roll on Wednesday, all I can really concentrate on at present! :cool:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea