RaceRoom Driving Controller

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

RaceRoom Driving Controller

After releasing several hardware devices such as complete gameseats for PC and consoles RaceRoom brings a new type of controller on the market that should be a first step up for keyboard racers with simracing aspirations.

The handheld controller has a unique mini-wheel design and offers a complete steering control and should offer more precision that a conventional controller.

Game features can easily be mapped towards the device that comes with vibration force feedback.

The RaceRoom...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Well looking at what GTR3 might of given us, I believe were actually going to end up getting something that might far exceed what a GTR3 would of given us.
in my honest opinion about R3E .:)
We already have better graphics than in any previous Simbin tittle
we already have better sounds than in any previous Simbin tittle
We already in places have better FFB than in any previous Simbin tittle
We already have better lighting effects than in any previous Simbin tittle and i love GTL for its lighting effect
It would seem that we might have a bigger selection of cars catering for all tastes even going outside of the GT class.
The replay and make a vid and a screen shot with its options seems rather good
looks like we have some great tracks already with more to come. Hell we even got Bathurst and its legal;)

Things that i think we still need. for the get real mode for us sim racers to keep us happy for our racing,
The car setup section needs to be better, lets be able to adjust what you can in the car as you can in real life.
Night racing for our long endurance events with headlight that work, (always a tough one this one as if you loose your light you can see) so some sort of provision to cover this.
Some means of RD to run its own servers and be able to control it. (But if we don't see more drivers in our servers turning into premium members we wont need need this)
The ability to use our own custom skins for league races
Driver swapping
The Ability to use some sort of Motec for the guys who love to make setups
Integrated race control with a camera and cometary and control a safety car/s with the different light on
To control the flags in different sectors
The ability to do different race starts
Changeable weather for long races with the tyre selection to match that actually work

Now if they can give us something like this, I think this will make us all forget about GTR3
last time i looked we have some nice GT cars to drive already...
now having read probably every scrap of info out there watched the vids
and understood that this is still in early development and its going to take some time maybe longer than we all think. To me its a waiting game to see if they can pull of what the say there after, take on board what us sim racers are after and try to also incorporate this into the sim.
There is probably stuff in the pipe line that we don't even know about yet
but until there happy with the basics they wont move onto to this
With there more forgiving mode show there sim to a totally new audience to get them interested.
More people = more drivers = more money=secure future to produce more sims
We all win if it works...:)

But maybe i have it all wrong :redface:
So if a little gizmo can also help bring new drivers into the sim or sims what harm can it do:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back