RaceRoom Driving Controller

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

RaceRoom Driving Controller

After releasing several hardware devices such as complete gameseats for PC and consoles RaceRoom brings a new type of controller on the market that should be a first step up for keyboard racers with simracing aspirations.

The handheld controller has a unique mini-wheel design and offers a complete steering control and should offer more precision that a conventional controller.

Game features can easily be mapped towards the device that comes with vibration force feedback.

The RaceRoom...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Awesome! Somebody make a adapter to mount this on a G27 for FFB NOW!!!
The fact that this is connected to SimBin in any way, shape or form is a major letdown to me, seriously, rather not put something on the market than this............. Rather point people to the competitor and say "go buy a SRW-S1" than this, this is just sad... :(

I think it absolutely brilliant, i wish I had this when i had my xbox and a controller for driving games,
And if this little gizmo gets more people interested in making the next step into sim racing and buying a wheel all I can say is good on you Simbin, oops mistake *(RaceRoom)
Just hope the price makes it affordable for the right market.
and there will be a version that will work on microsoft controller (xbox)

Edit *
thanks Peter

Last edited:
I doubt that this controller is going to be cheap. I'm guessing that it will cost around $50/$60 U.S and if that is the case you'd be better off with a good used DFGT or a new entry level Thrustmaster wheel which sells for around $50.

Nice fail, Sorry but the triggers are aweful, basing this controller on a DS is a joke. Should've taken a 360 controller as base, maybe could've been something good.
The DS has already its let down with both sticks being at the bottom and now there's a tiny wheel on it ... I really can't imagine driving 12 hours with that thing, must start to hurt after a while.

I actually think it's a nice idea. Not for when I'm racing at home, there I have my wheel and pedals and so on.
But sometimes I'm not at home and still wanna do a quick race in a not so demanding racing game/sim. So when I only have my laptop and light baggage with me I think a controller like this would be nice. I would buy one!

I can see them selling quite a few of these tbh. Way back in the days I used to have a simulair controller for GT on the PS1 .. Wich was actually quite fun to play with.

And I wouldent be surprised if one day we will see a console port for this game iether..

Back in the late 90's, when there was no compatible wheel to sony's GTR on the playstation, I found a controller that had a mini wheel and it worked quite well. It even had some sort of feedback but very rudimentary.
That was in 1999 or so. 13 years later I would expect something a bit better. even a very entry level wheel and pedals would be better than a hand held controller with a tiny wheel. I'll bet the cost will be similar too.

I guess Simbin is really trying to keep simracers as far from their games as possible these days. If they make more money, I can't blame them, but then they should not appeal for our endorsement of their new games and act as they still want to cater to us. It's clear they don't and it is time we forget about GTR3. It will never happen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back