RaceDepartment Awards 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
[x] F1 2010 by Codemasters, quite surprisingly.
I thought GT5 would take this trophy with ease. But it has even more annoying bugs than the rushed CM game and some of the worst car sounds for a serious car game.

well you know who i want: me!!!!!! but i can actualy be in it in years to come. really this is really hard to pick from. for me i want to pick someone who really did great and had a phenominal season. don't want to put in vettel, johnson, or muller because only won because their oponet screwed up at the end, don't want any of the lower classes because they aren't challenging the best. i think i'm going for loeb

I hate to admit it, but it has to be Lorenzo. He scored the most points of any rider ever in a season and set mutliple records on his way to the title. He was also on the podium at nearly every race this year, which is a feat in itself. And all this in only his second season in MotoGP. I don't like the guy, but has certainly earned my respect.

My vote goes to Keith. Not just because he is a great driver, but also for all he does for the community and the positive attitude with which he approaches every race, regardless of the outcome.

Easy choice for me, RSRBR2010 by a country mile. The sheer, size, complexity, and content of this Mod is amazing. Not only does it add a massive amount of new content, it allows on-line Rallying to a game never designed for that. It has taken a Rally game that is about 6 or 7 years old, and given it about another 10 years of life since no new Rally Sim comes even close to it's realism.
Add to that, it is regularly upgraded every couple of months.

As already stated though, Rallying is only a small community here at RD, so most members won't appreciate it.

i chose F1 2010 Codemasters

my faferit game RICHARD BURNS RALLY & dirt2 & and which probably dirt3

dirt2.gif

richardburnsrally-1.jpg

If F1 2010 was not that poor in the driving model id go for it.
But either way GT 5 contains content that never before was achieved in any racing game or racing simulations. It definitely deserves this years title.

Only PC here:
- NFS Hot Pursuit was trashcan after 15 minutes cause of bad wheel support (and awfull graphics but that may be due to my pc)
- Split second and Blur might be good but too many games in that genre already.
- WRC not tried cause of bad reviews
- The one I was really waiting for was F1 2010 after several years of no F1 game. This game is really good in potential cause this could have been awesome if it was not for the bugs and unfinishing touch CM has left. Once you applied some fixes (forcefeedback, puddles, rain drops) and several MODS the true potential of this game is unlocked.

PC Vote is for F1 2010 cause of potential and modifiability.

If I had PS3 my choice would have problably been GT5 and CM's F1 2010 would be punished for leaving buggy and unfinished version on console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes