RACE Remaster

Cars RACE Remaster 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Race Remaster is updated.

* Updated trees and sky shaders (+ a few more minor fixes). Hopefully looks a little bit better. Brighter sky textures colors (central).

* Repositioned sun at a few tracks where they accidentally were not updated before.

* Fixed a few minor track related things.

* Pau track materias were remade/updated.

* Resculpted Alfa Romeo 156 front.

* Adjusted ackerman steering for all cars (suspension files). Should steer a tiny bit better.

* Included part of 'Dynamic shadows in cockpit by alexv07'.

Race.jpg

It seems there's an issue with BMW 320i E46's interior. The mirrors and windshield appear "above" the safety net and dashboard.

Last edited:
Race Remaster has been updated.

* Added a few missing interior LED textures.

* Slightly tweaked a few shaders, shadows should be a little bit smoother, tree sun shine trough slightly reduced.

* A few more minor fixes.

Hi is it Possible to get a different/new download link as the mediafire one linked downloads about 160mb then restarts and does this in a loop about 4-6 times before eventually saying Download failed file incomplete

Thanks

Update: whatever the problem was earlier it's resolved itself now and I was able to download the file successfully so my above message can be disregarded

Last edited:
Though i'd ask since i simply do not know, But what difference does the .exe make?

Is certain features not enabled if i run the old .exe? etc you get the question ;)

It enables some things like pitcrew detail, and together with the included d3d9.dll max visible vehicles, sets start rotation of car in spinner menu, increases rear view mirror draw distance, enables full course yellows (not very useful without the safetycar leaving pits) etc.

It enables some things like pitcrew detail, and together with the included d3d9.dll max visible vehicles, sets start rotation of car in spinner menu, increases rear view mirror draw distance, enables full course yellows (not very useful without the safetycar leaving pits) etc.
Ah, Okey good to know. :thumbsup:

WTCC 2008 is not included in race remaster, but it seems it uses 3d models from bmw 2007 that is updated by the shadows in cockpit mod that is included.

It should be fixed if all the texts World=Near in the .cas files of cars with this problem in WTCC 2008 is removed. (present in Instance=WHEEL, Instance=COCKPIT, Instance=RAINSCREEN, Instance=FPDRIVER)

WTCC 2008 is not included in race remaster, but it seems it uses 3d models from bmw 2007 that is updated by the shadows in cockpit mod that is included.

It should be fixed if all the texts World=Near in the .cas files of cars with this problem in WTCC 2008 is removed. (present in Instance=WHEEL, Instance=COCKPIT, Instance=RAINSCREEN, Instance=FPDRIVER)

Andreas, thanks for your help. Tried your suggestion, but when I try to load the aforementioned BMW, the screen just goes black.

Andreas, thanks for your help. Tried your suggestion, but when I try to load the aforementioned BMW, the screen just goes black.
Removing World=Near should not be able to cause that, maybe there is an blank space error after it got removed?
Maybe try copy these instance texts over from the .cas file of the wtcc 2007 car?

Removing World=Near should not be able to cause that, maybe there is an blank space error after it got removed?
Maybe try copy these instance texts over from the .cas file of the wtcc 2007 car?

Don't know why I got black screen. Seems to have been a one-off. However, removing the indicated text ( by replacing the CAS file within the BMW 320si folder in the Teams folder with the 2007 version, with the text removed) didn't change anything. The original CAS file in the BMW 2008 folder is not legible when opened with Notepad. None of the other 2008 cars feature this problem.

Is it Zanardi's car?
Is there any interior 3d meshes in the 2008 bmw folder?
Some files are saved with a different draw order method, that is why there are some 3d files included in the shadows in cockpit mod.

Is it Zanardi's car?
Is there any interior 3d meshes in the 2008 bmw folder?
Some files are saved with a different draw order method, that is why there are some 3d files included in the shadows in cockpit mod.

Andreas, there were only 41 files in the 2008 BMW folder, and 155 in the WTCC2007 BMW folder so I copied the missing files from one to the other. I then copied the CAS file from the 2007 BMW into the 2008 BMW folder and edited the paths, and removed all theWorld=Near texts . This worked.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.