RACE Remaster

Cars RACE Remaster 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
AndreasFSC submitted a new resource:

Race Remaster - A fanmade "remaster" for Race 07

RACE REMASTER for Race 07 (Steam version)
-------------------------

View attachment 553205

IMORTANT:
Use this remaster addon on a separate Race 07 install (or create a new one from the installer) if you have installed several mods in your main Race 07 install.
Most tracks and cars should look fine in Race Remaster, but there is always a chance that other contents that are not made for Race Remaster will look worse,

or some modded original content...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I did not understand how to install it, just yesterday I played again this beautiful Race 07, how wonderful!
Thanks for this work, now I try to understand how to put it.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that after uploading a mod and no matter what option I choose, the game only launches the configuration screen and nothing else happens.

Why is it that after uploading a mod and no matter what option I choose, the game only launches the configuration screen and nothing else happens.
If you made a new game install from the installer the game probably failed to create the files in
C:\Users\*username*\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07...
This should be fixed in next update, but you could also copy an existing folder.
If you have a "C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07", name the copy as
"C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 Install 2" etc. and then edit
GameInstallDir.ini in that folder to
"GameInstallDir=D:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\raceR"

I made a brand new copy my Race 07 install to install the newest Race Remaster.

Unfortunately, I also had the config loop issue but the game has started after copying only folders and afterwards after copying the other files one by one it still started. Then, I had a freeze before race configuration screen and I had to log out using ctrl alt delete. Could've been one time only occurence though.

The game seems to work well so far without the additional files, hopefully the crashing I had before won't return. I didn't play enough to check that.

Besides that, there's still some z fighting on banners in Macau, at least with 2006 variant, didn't check the 2007. Could this be fixed?

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for more. Nowadays I use almost exclusively your mods @AndreasFSC

Last edited:
I made a brand new copy my Race 07 install to install the newest Race Remaster.

Unfortunately, I also had the config loop issue but the game has started after copying only folders and afterwards after copying the other files one by one it still started. Then, I had a freeze before race configuration screen and I had to log out using ctrl alt delete. Could've been one time only occurence though.

The game seems to work well so far without the additional files, hopefully the crashing I had before won't return. I didn't play enough to check that.

Besides that, there's still some z fighting on banners in Macau, at least with 2006 variant, didn't check the 2007. Could this be fixed?

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for more. Nowadays I use almost exclusively your mods @AndreasFSC
It is interesting why some have the config loop. I haven't had it when using the installer or manually updating the game. The issue is in the userdata folder in 'my documents'. It is a first game start issue where the game fails to create and connect the game and the userdata settings.
If you got the game running you should in theory be able to paste over all the other files too. You could rename the game exe file to the original name if that causes problems. The included file 'd3d9.dll' should take care of most or all freezes in garage menu when changing car or livery (if that was the problem).

I'll try to finish my super touring cars update now, after that I will probably continue race remaster related things

Hey, thanks for the hard work. How can i tell if the "simple groove mod" is working? i honestly cant tell
It is a minor adjustment to the groove texture that can look a tiny bit better in a few circumstances only. So it is probably not even noticeable in most cases.

I can guarantee that there is no virus in it, it only changes a few folder names and tries to run companian2 app if it is installed in the folder.

But you can manually set up the game for race remaster after installation.
If the installation is complete there should be some folder names ending with "_R"

Rename folders:
"Gamedata" to "Gamedata_O" (these will be original backup folder)
"UiData" to "UiData_O"
"Userdata" to "Userdata_O"
"Shaders" to "Shaders_O"

then:
"Gamedata_R" to "Gamedata" (to use remaster contents)
"UiData_R to UiData"
"Userdata_R" to "Userdata"
"Shaders_R" to "Shaders"

Then you can just run the game from "RaceR_Steam.exe" if Steam is running.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%