Race Remaster

After my very brief testing I'm very happy with the work you've done! I took BMW E90 2006 for a short race (because of my fault lol) and it truly did look like a new game. The track looked really good, there was no flickering except for a single banner that didn't bother me at all. It reminded me of the polished look GTR2 Anniversary has. Great work.

The only thing that I've noticed so far that might be some sort of error is that the wipers couldn't clean a bit of dirt off the windshield. I later tried BMW M3 GTR and the wiper worked properly so maybe there is an error?

EDIT: I tried to load into Macau 2006 and the game crashed with a minidump error message.

EDIT 2: It seems to crash with 2006 cars but not with 2007 ones.

EDIT 3: It seems to have nothing to do with Macau but with one of the 2006 cars. I'll check them one by one.

EDIT 4: (the last one I promise) Peugeot 407 is crashing the game and I found a mistake in the Teams folder.
mistake.png

Last edited:
a
After my very brief testing I'm very happy with the work you've done! I took BMW E90 2006 for a short race (because of my fault lol) and it truly did look like a new game. The track looked really good, there was no flickering except for a single banner that didn't bother me at all. It reminded me of the polished look GTR2 Anniversary has. Great work.

The only thing that I've noticed so far that might be some sort of error is that the wipers couldn't clean a bit of dirt off the windshield. I later tried BMW M3 GTR and the wiper worked properly so maybe there is an error?

EDIT: I tried to load into Macau 2006 and the game crashed with an error message.

EDIT 2: It seems to crash with 2006 cars but not with 2007 ones.

EDIT 3: It seems to have nothing to do with Macau but with one of the 2006 cars. I'll check them one by one.

EDIT 4: (the last one I promise) Peugeot 407 is crashing the game and I found a mistake in the Teams folder.
Yes, forgot that Simbin spelled Peugeot like this "Peugot".
So moving the content in "Peugeot 407 Teams" to "Peugot 407 Teams" and overwrite files should fix that error, and I should update the mod file.

Last edited:
For some reason even though i put the files in the correct location the launcher doesn't work for me it just says
Folder missing: "race 07". This installer and "Remaster_FILES" folder
should be placed in your "..Steam\steamapps\common" folder.

Could not being on the C: drive have anything to do with this?

For some reason even though i put the files in the correct location the launcher doesn't work for me it just says
Folder missing: "race 07". This installer and "Remaster_FILES" folder
should be placed in your "..Steam\steamapps\common" folder.

Could not being on the C: drive have anything to do with this?
The folders should be relative to the file, so the drive should not matter :unsure:

You could just paste the contents of "Remaster_FILES" except (RACE07.gdb, but it doesn't matter much if that file is copied too) in your race 07 folder or duplicate the race 07 folder and paste the contents there if you want to keep one original version and have the space available for that.

Hello Andreas,
First let me say you did a amazing job there, finaly race 07 is reborn, thank you so much!
After having tryed the 3 way to install with the same error as templarnot4, i decided to copy manualy all the Remaster_FILES, i fired Race07 and i did not see any diffrences, the UI is exactely the same as before and on track i have no pit crew, it would be nice if you write that those extra app (mucho's CC and pitcrew) should be installed independely because they arent in your files, right?
So yes a bit more explanation would be great for some that arent expert ;)

Now i am stock because for some reasons, Race07 dosent see your files, do you have a cure?

Thanks in advance

Silvano

EDIT i added the Remaster.CMD to "common" together with "Remaster_files" and it worked! the UI is great ! :)

Only the pits are empty grrrr, tryed in all sessions but nothing, do you have a clue what to do?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Andreas,
First let me say you did a amazing job there, finaly race 07 is reborn, thank you so much!
After having tryed the 3 way to install with the same error as templarnot4, i decided to copy manualy all the Remaster_FILES, i fired Race07 and i did not see any diffrences, the UI is exactely the same as before and on track i have no pit crew, it would be nice if you write that those extra app (mucho's CC and pitcrew) should be installed independely because they arent in your files, right?
So yes a bit more explanation would be great for some that arent expert ;)

Now i am stock because for some reasons, Race07 dosent see your files, do you have a cure?

Thanks in advance

Silvano
Do you use Steam version of Race 07?
It sounds like the files somehow have been placed in the wrong folders. Maybe they are still in a 'Remaster_FILES' folder inside of your 'race 07' folder?

I can only choose cars from WTTC 06 and 07 group, no other cars appear in the car selection. Car filter does nothing. It's a fresh install of Race 07.

Oh, and how to run RaceR_steam.exe? Steam won't run it for me?

Last edited:
Do you use Steam version of Race 07?
It sounds like the files somehow have been placed in the wrong folders. Maybe they are still in a 'Remaster_FILES' folder inside of your 'race 07' folder?
Hi,
yes i use the steam version, as i told in EDIT, i put the CMD in "common" and it works ! but as you can read in my last post, no pit crew visible, not even the lollypop guy.

And yes i have the "remaster_files" and the CMD in the root Race07 just because it says in the readme to put them in the root, but strangely, the CMD says it has to be in "common"
So i put them in both: Race07 root and in "common" just to be safe ;)
As i said, i did put all files from "Remaster_files" manualy where they have to go.

Anyway it works, just no pitcrew visible

Last edited:
I can only choose cars from WTTC 06 and 07 group, no other cars appear in the car selection. Car filter does nothing. It's a fresh install of Race 07.

If you made a new separate install from the installer only WTCC 06 and 07 are included (as they are the remaster), but more can be added manually.
If you have more cars but they are not visible in game you can try delete 'RACE07.gdb' in \Gamedata\Classes . It should not be necessary, but I think I heard someone having the same problem.

Oh, and how to run RaceR_steam.exe? Steam won't run it for me?
Have Steam running and run RaceR_steam.exe from the game folder (or add a shortcut obviously :D )

Hi,
yes i use the steam version, as i told in EDIT, i put the CMD in "common" and it works ! but as you can read in my last post, no pit crew visible, not even the lollypop guy.

companian plugin is not needed for pit crew, but RaceR_Steam.exe is needed and pitcrew detail in options > visual settings > environment needs to be set to medium or high (this setting gets reset if standard race_steam.exe is used or an old profile is used)

Last edited:
If you made a new separate install from the installer only WTCC 06 and 07 are included (as they are the remaster), but more can be added manually.
If you have more cars but they are not visible in game you can try delete 'RACE07.gdb' in \Gamedata\Classes . It should not be necessary, but I think I heard someone having the same problem.

Have Steam running and run RaceR_steam.exe from the game folder (or add a shortcut obviously ):D
It doesn't work. That's why i'm asking. It only opens the game config options, and that's it.

I guess your graphics option settings are not saved then and are restarted every time for some reason.
Do you have the files
'dsetup.dll'
'Config.exe'
From an other install to copy over and see if that helps?

It doesn't work. That's why i'm asking. It only opens the game config options, and that's it.

I guess your graphics option settings are not saved then and are restarted every time for some reason.
Do you have the files
'dsetup.dll'
'Config.exe'
From an other install to copy over and see if that helps?

It made the game start and than crashed. I'll se what else can i do.
I've got a similar problem, tried swapping one at a time but no joy. included error message and minidump if that helps.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Your error looks to be game files related and not related to graphics setup.
Did you download the mod today or at release?
As PiotrGT mentioned there is a folder typo for Peugeot 406 in Wtcc 2006. Try move those the folders out of the game and see if that helps?

companian plugin is not needed for pit crew, but RaceR_Steam.exe is needed and pitcrew detail in options > visual settings > environment needs to be set to medium or high (this setting gets reset if standard race_steam.exe is used or an old profile is used)

ok Andreas, i will check those setting, thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea