Race Remaster

2.jpg

Should I add the (hacky) fix from ST UI that displays championship name instead of just "championship"?
Car logo in ingame menus?
Custom race win screen with manufacturer logo (but not car this time)?
etc etc...

4.jpg

This is all looking fantastic. I doff my cap as well. :)
Should I add the (hacky) fix from ST UI that displays championship name instead of just "championship"?
Car logo in ingame menus?
Custom race win screen with manufacturer logo (but not car this time)?
etc etc...
I think I'd be better able to say in response to specific questions you have. Partially cause I'm not certain what's possible. For instance, I like the championship name displayed, but wouldn't have known that was possible. So ask away with other ideas you're wondering about!

I like this idea. Maybe you get to this screen by clicking "Drive" in the main menu, or something like that? Regardless, something like this seems much more intuitive than the default RACE 07 menu navigation.

Sven designed one "button" for all quick race modes, so I made it link to the race event.
I thought it would be one click too many to have a game mode selection after that, so I tried this solution.
But still don't know how the buttons should look. I would like to have a "spinner" controller for the game modes (would be cool to have an arrow to switch game modes in the page title, like "Time Attack >>"), but I can't do that, and I don't have any way to make the selected option highlighted without having 3 different track selection pages. :unsure:
The only way that the menu "knows" what mode is selected is in the game mode title.
It is possible to use #ifdef conditions, but it doesn't cover game modes sadly.

Sven designed one "button" for all quick race modes, so I made it link to the race event.
I thought it would be one click too many to have a game mode selection after that, so I tried this solution.
But still don't know how the buttons should look.
See how there's a red background behind the selected track (Curitiba in your picture)? Could you have the selected game mode (Race vs Time Attack vs Practice) highlighted with a similar style of background, and a fainter background that appears behind when you mouse over the game mode? Otherwise, I like the placement of the buttons. Heck, I even like it with those blue buttons you have there.

Last edited:
These graphics changes are looking amazing, agree with Kenny and Andreas.

Just a quick, unrelated thought I wanted to share about something we might be able to add to the Remaster in the future. Was looking into track modding as a newbie, saw this video, and learned about how you can add a detailed physical (but not visual) track mesh in software like Blender -- provides enhanced immersion in the FFB but at little performance penalty from the extra polygons since it's not visual. Seems this is common practice in the AC modding community. Got me thinking: if you added an invisible, more detailed mesh to a track in RACE 07, would you feel in the FFB? If yes, doing that would provide a not-too-difficult way for people with modern wheels to get more immersion and enjoyment from the game. Maybe something to consider... but I don't know if it's possible for older gMotor sims. Is it?
I'm pretty sure this was done in the track Spa 66 and yes it seems to work in race 07 its just very strong on the FFB if you have it set too high.

I think I have done my part of UI work for the moment, now it is time for ai basic setup (bmw cars lock up rear wheels too much when braking hard, SEATS sometimes understeers too much) or something else (shaders, tracks cars etc)

I actually hope that the first version of the remaster can be available in a few weeks, I don't know if it is realistic, but I hope so...

Thinking about replacing 3d spectators. The models are not bad, they use polygons well.

1644686736636.png

But the texture and mapping together make them look not so good

1644686870797.png

Made my own low poly models because it is a fun thing to do.
The challenge is to keep the poly count as low as possible. Maybe add modeled hands where they are visible.

1644686466038.png

But, the hard thing is to add all the models in the right places. Blender and bobs track builder have their systems for that, but sadly I don't use them :p
Maybe I'll come up with something, or someone can help...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.