Race Remaster

It seems like the ai cars drive over the waypoints, I think the safetycar does that too, but not sure.
I will compare the safety car physics to gtr2 first if there are any differences. The race07 safetycars are not ment to drive, so maybe something is missing. But it can be a lot of things, maybe some code is missing, or just something simple...

EDIT: probably not the car. But there is nothing showing that the safety car engine is on (if it needs to be?) other than the rear lights and reverse lights. Car files looks to be similar to gtr2. The driver tries to drive the car, but is not released somehow:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 13397

.... deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask a dumb question? Is it out of fuel? As far as I can tell it should be driveable.

Maybe try setting FuelSetting=49 or something in the hdc?

The only time I have seen that reaction from normal AI is if they failed to load a gear ratio, iirc. But that seems to be correct unless it's specifically trying to fine SafetyCar.grb.

I have tested many car related things now, so I don't think that there is anything wrong with the car. Maybe I try to make it driveable to test it... I think that the ignition is not turned on and the car is driven to the side of the track the same way as if out of fuel as you say, but it is just a guess for the moment

209.jpg

Discovered today that there were some alpha issues when viewing Oschersleben from cockpit, so spent some time fixing things. Also added an extra dx9 diffuse shader that is "standalone" and not downgraded together with the standard 1 texture diffuse shader that is used for many special things.
This should give some more control over the looks of the game.

There is a risk that custom pitcrew suits will not be included in the remaster.
It does work, but it is very unstable right now.
I think the main problem is that the game loads one pit marshal for every car or team, and then tries to use them all the same time, resulting in crashes now and then when loading track or leaving it (and sometimes when alt + tab or whenever). :unsure:

After the (temporary?) setback with pitcrew liveries I spent some time today to update some track materials and details at Brno, Zandvoort, Puebla and Macau.
Also just found out how to hide the wheel shadows in the pitcrew animations.
They have to be edited for every car model, but not a big deal for WTCC 2006 and 2007.
Standard pitcrew will not be black, just WIP using HD textures from GTR2 mod here:

1641250517079.png

210.jpg
211.jpg
212.jpg

I thought that the safety car shouldn't have touring car rear wing (I only use the Alfa Romeo for the moment). They shouldn't have the bodykits and front splitter either, but it isn't worth the effort to remove that.
I haven't been able to make the car leave the pits yet. It seems the car and the driver is working, but somehow they don't know what to do.

1641295681631.png

Status

cars

cars have updated physics, and most visual tweaks are made. Some 06 only cars don't have updated windows with transparency fix yet.
No HD liveries. Is that needed?
Setup tweaks maybe? ai SEATs seems to understeer much.
Talent files for 06 only drivers.
Cars are not beta tested, so more fixes will come.
Maybe remove rear wings from safety cars??

tracks
All tracks are updated, being tested now and errors are found and fixed.
I usually use the monitor and inspecting tracks from exterior view, so new errors that are only seen from interior view are found. Some aiw fixes are also needed, but it can be difficult sometimes. First long corner at Brno is one exemple, where ai rwd cars often slide.

misc
pitcrews are updated. Sadly only one color now. Fuel technican is placed strange, but I think it is because of some script I added to the cars, so it should be an easy fix.
Shaders should be mostly done, just some fine tuning left, or if some new discoveries are made...
A long time goal is to add a little bit of post processing.
Safety car and full course yellows is one other long time goal.

Last edited:
Not easy to see the difference from a screenshot, but all remastered cars should have transparency fixed windows, glass shaders, and Peugeot 407 has got some tweaked body normals for better reflections. I like the car livery, might try to repaint front lights texture to look a little bit more like metal if possible.

1641675662285.png

The texture is based on the HD version from gtr2 mod. I have repositioned some things slightly and changed colors and lines. Probably there will be some more colors to swap. I wish it was possible to add some more detail to the mesh.

I thinking about to exclude the fuel technician and his animations (but they could be reactivated for those who want that), as he/they is/are often standing in the way, can't be seen that much in action, and refueling is not often part of touring car racing anyway. I don't know much about it, but maybe this allows for more crews to be seen at the same time? I don't know, but maybe there is not that much memory reserved for pitcrews as they are not used in the game without modifications?

1641739944607.png

Made my own low-res tree (center in picture) to put in front of and replace a few of the lower res trees that are very close to the track. Works ok, but needs a few tweaks from some angles.
Brands hatch trees are still difficult, I think trees look better at the other tracks.
I might make a few different new trees or copy from an other track like Porto or Pau.

213.jpg

Made my own low-res tree (center in picture) to put in front of and replace a few of the lower res trees that are very close to the track. Works ok, but needs a few tweaks from some angles.
Brands hatch trees are still difficult, I think trees look better at the other tracks.
I might make a few different new trees or copy from an other track like Porto or Pau.

View attachment 531820
Nice. Is that fully 3D? I can't quite tell. Probably means it's working well :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%