Race Remaster

About the trees:
- Great trees can be achiveable and look really good (at least with the T0 shader I show here) but they use normals. So the sun light knows what to do. I even use the smoothed ones to avoid the "X tree" looking.
- Trees with this "realistic" shader are very sensitive to the texture used. (photoshop correction needed).
- The texture mip map seted up correctly (with photoshop nvidia plugin). And all saved in the same format. I dont remember now and I lost it. But the difference is noticeable. Specially when looking at an angle they don tend to lost resolution (even at the distance, or movement. Something to consider for other textures also).
- Somehow on 3dsimed "2" ,when there are "double original trees", one apears first to selection. As I remember, that first one goes multiple, the other simple. This solves the "jaggy" edges.
- The green background (not black) helps to soften the edges?
Tracks - Some advices for creating trees for Assetto Corsa mod track? | Page 4 | RaceDepartment

Last edited:
Testing my models as 3d spectators using the game texture.

10.jpg

Compared to the original models:

11.jpg

Of course the models could be much more detailed, but that would be bad for the frame rate.
Maybe I will replace the models that are seen the most.

Testing my models as 3d spectators using the game texture.

View attachment 540823

Compared to the original models:

View attachment 540829

Of course the models could be much more detailed, but that would be bad for the frame rate.
Maybe I will replace the models that are seen the most.

Excellent work. Seeing this post reminded me of a crowd change I saw recently in a GTL track that worked to good effect. The track author placed a few moving flags amongst the crowd, which to my surprise, gave the impression that the public was more alive than usual.

Be careful what you say to the germans, they are giants :roflmao: @Sven Hielscher
(It seems the average german here is 2,30 m tall)

View attachment 540991

But some of them are rather weak, too much wind and they almost fall over...

View attachment 540992
Beware of the German giants :roflmao: but I recently learned that the tallest Europeans actually live in the Netherlands. So better look out in Zandvoort instead ;)
Just normal guys doing ordinary things...

View attachment 541126

Didn't plan for it, but I think I have to replace more spectators :sleep:
Placing spectarors/objects randomly is doing the job but is by far not always providing the best possible quality of work. I know what I'm talking about, being a quality manager :whistling:

On another note: Unfortunately I had not much time to work on the UI yet (the quality manager thing, you know). But hopefully can spend some good time soon! :thumbsup:

Doing a lot of minor things for the moment.
Some sky textures is a little bit brighter, some buildings and track side vehicles have updated normals where needed (there were some buildings at Porto with errors that caused the materials to turn white in day light.)

Doubled the roundness detail of the side rear view mirrors of the Alfa Romeo 156 and adjusted materials setting slightly. It is much work, but at least it is getting closer to a release of the first version.

18.jpg

Doing a lot of minor things for the moment.
Some sky textures is a little bit brighter, some buildings and track side vehicles have updated normals where needed (there were some buildings at Porto with errors that caused the materials to turn white in day light.)

Doubled the roundness detail of the side rear view mirrors of the Alfa Romeo 156 and adjusted materials setting slightly. It is much work, but at least it is getting closer to a release of the first version.
Looking great. In my opinion, it's amazing how minor things like slightly wonky textures or low roundness detail determine one's first impressions and immersion level! So, in that way, these are important, major edits.

And regardless, as a cockpit-view racer who enjoys the Alfas, I'm excited to hear about this update :)

Most track fixes that I want to to are finished now. There will probably be a few more still.
Menus should be in an ok state soon, more updates can be released in the future.
Most non-inrace menus are done, some details (buttons/icons mainly) are left to do.
Menus in game will be quite similar to Race07 standard for now.

WIP splash screen:
splash.png

Didn't plan to make new buttons/icons. Sadly I couldn't make the icons style that originally came with the design work, they needed higher resolution to look good. Also the screens started to look a little bit crowded after I edited some other things, so I decided to have a go using my ST UI buttons (but reworked), I think this will be good enough.
menu1.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea