RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

It took me a couple hours to do it last night, although i had a couple unlocked already. I'm not sure if you have to unlock everything in order or not so maybe you can skip some. Me, on the other hand, I have to unlock everything, in order, then count to seven and turn around twice, then sit, and stand, and sit again.

I had a go tonight managed 1.33.2... and I tell you what, the physics on these little babies are fantastic, they are a handful when you push too hard if F1 had these physics it would be the best game ever.

I had a couple races tonight after doing some free practice.

First race was against 9 hard AI. 18 laps
The AI were too slow in some corners and after getting by them I kept pushing to hard and spinning. Then i'd be at the back again....lol Lap 14 i got a fuel warning and decided to follow the AI in... except they didn't pit until the end of lap 16. I was right behind the pack going into the pits and chose fuel only and leap frogged them all coming out in P1. My tyres were well worn and i ended up sliding all over the place... spun and finished just behind the AI

Second race I set the AI to the harder level (what ever it's called) and i noticed the difference right away. They weren't slow in the corners they were before. I managed to get past a couple of them and one kept swapping positions with me for a couple laps until he took me out at the first corner on about lap 6. Then i got absolutely clobbered by the two cars behind and almost flipped the car. They hit me while i was stationary on the track btwn T1 and T2. When i rejoined i was some 40 seconds down and had to make repairs (the wrench appeared after the hit). I stopped for repairs but that was all they did, no fuel option no tyre option. by lap 14 the fuel warning was up again and this time i decided to see if i could make it to the end without stopping for tyres or fuel.
I did!
So... if we want a pit stop in this race we will need to add laps... maybe only a couple i don't know for sure.
Also, i don't think short shifting matters. In the first race i had i was shifting gears as soon as the revs went red (8000). but in the second race i was running the revs to 9000.

I managed a 1:31.6 in one of those races :ninja:

Where do i find the Estoril track? Maybe i just missed it in the list?

I think it's a DLC, which you have to order through microsoft.com. I think. Maybe there are other ways to get it but I have not figured it out. For me, at $10 for every DLC (3) it's just not worth it. I have the cars and tracks I need until pCARS comes out.

Then i got absolutely clobbered by the two cars behind and almost flipped the car. They hit me while i was stationary on the track btwn T1 and T2. When i rejoined i was some 40 seconds down and had to make repairs (the wrench appeared after the hit). I stopped for repairs but that was all they did, no fuel option no tyre option. by lap 14 the fuel warning was up again :ninja:

If you stop got fuel and tires, they automatically repair your car too. So, unless your lap times are not impaired and you need fuel, then, as long as the +tires option does not take too much longer than fuel only (or even longer if they have toe repair) then I see no downside to stopping for fuel and tires if you need fuel. Sounds like, from your experience, if you need fuel, you are going to need tires too.

I had a couple races tonight after doing some free practice.

First race was against 9 hard AI. 18 laps
The AI were too slow in some corners and after getting by them I kept pushing to hard and spinning. Then i'd be at the back again....lol Lap 14 i got a fuel warning and decided to follow the AI in... except they didn't pit until the end of lap 16. I was right behind the pack going into the pits and chose fuel only and leap frogged them all coming out in P1. My tyres were well worn and i ended up sliding all over the place... spun and finished just behind the AI

Second race I set the AI to the harder level (what ever it's called) and i noticed the difference right away. They weren't slow in the corners they were before. I managed to get past a couple of them and one kept swapping positions with me for a couple laps until he took me out at the first corner on about lap 6. Then i got absolutely clobbered by the two cars behind and almost flipped the car. They hit me while i was stationary on the track btwn T1 and T2. When i rejoined i was some 40 seconds down and had to make repairs (the wrench appeared after the hit). I stopped for repairs but that was all they did, no fuel option no tyre option. by lap 14 the fuel warning was up again and this time i decided to see if i could make it to the end without stopping for tyres or fuel.
I did!
So... if we want a pit stop in this race we will need to add laps... maybe only a couple i don't know for sure.
Also, i don't think short shifting matters. In the first race i had i was shifting gears as soon as the revs went red (8000). but in the second race i was running the revs to 9000.

I managed a 1:31.6 in one of those races :ninja:
DIfferent cars but I was short-shifting (before the red is what I refer to as short-shifting though) in one practice race at Brands Hatch in the cars we raced the other week (WTCC) and there was definitely more mileage out of the fuel in the race I tried that.

Nice time there though Karl, thats well above what I have got anywhere close to in my practice session yesterday!!

I do love the agression of the AI in this game :) Very different to what we have got used to in F1.

Guys, I'm sorry to inform you that I will miss Sundays race. My left knee has healed about 95% and my hockey team has a game that night. Sad to miss this race know it will be close victory, but I'm back as starting goaltender and that is my priority. Hope to race soon against very competitive drivers.

No worries dude your allowed to have a life and commitments come first see you on track soon:)

I'm still in for Sunday, and have managed to get to 1:33.888 in the FBMW at Oshersleblescheishien (I shoudl know better, as I spent 8 months over there). I really like those Formula BMWs. Without TC, they are like the F3000 with TC.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 110 56.1%