RACE On released on Steam!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

RACE On Released on Steam
A few moments ago RACE On by SimBin has been released on Steam. If you already have RACE 07, GTR Evolution or STCC – The Game installed you can download the expansion pack that merges beautifully into your excisting content.

New users can download the full game which will bring a wide selection of cars from different racing series: RACE 07, STCC – The Game and the latest RACE On content are all included in one fine bundle that keeps you racing for hours, days and if you are a racing club member at RaceDepartment: even months or years of thrilling online action!

We have opened this release thread at the RACE On forums where you can discuss the latest installment of the Race Series and find purchase links, support and racing events.

Download RACE On directly from Steam here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8780/

About RACE On
RACE On is the only official game of two of the world’s biggest touring car spectacles; the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) and the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC). Not only does RACE On include all the cars and circuits from the 2008 seasons of these championships, it also adds a massive selection of US Muscle cars and circuits to the mix, as well as the 2008 International Formula Master and the 2008 Camaro Cup Challenge.
The full RACE On bundle including RACE 07 and STCC - the Game, introduces the biggest, best and most comprehensive SimBin racing package ever.

• 39 unique car models in 17 different classes
  • 47 tracks including variations
  • Various real life championships including their accurate regulations
  • Multiplayer, up to 25 AI or real players online
  • Ghost racing against your own lap time or against those of your friends

I don't think the €25 in it self is the problem, but compared to what the full package or add-ons for Race Pro cost, then it seems rather odd.

The different add-ons for Race Pro each have about the same amount of content as Race On, but costs only around €6.50 to €9.50 each. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802494707e4/?of=3

If they had added the content from the Race Pro add-ons that we don't get in Race On, I would have bought in a heartbeat. But the price ratio between full package and expansion would still seem a little odd though.

£17.99 for the exp! and NO STCC. What a joke and not a funny one @ that. I feel let down by Simbin TBH.. NO way in hell was I paying £22 to get another copy of race.....

While I like Race on.. it's not worth the money for what you get!
Having to keep tight lipped cos if the wife hears me whine about wasting money on another Simbin exp. it will end up costing me more in designer ladies shoes lol...

Like many others I would rather of gave them the money NOT to release it and bring out a NEW version on a better graphic engine with the added + of the Night racing feture! I think Simbin need to get back to the old school. GTR1/ GTR2 was a great format..

Sorry day for Simbin & Steam!

I thankfully only paid $24.99
The cars are nice, the tracks are nice. But i was expecting a bit more tbh.
GTR-E brought a lot more new and helpful additions to the game. Where Race-on brings nothing reallt except for the few cars and 2 tracks.
If it where not for the formual masters i too would be rather upset

PS: Would be nice if they could have put some more effort into the "exit" "leave event" button. I know it does not mean much but appearance does make a difference

guy's i fail to understand your way of thinking, most of you think that Race On price is a joke, thats its way too much for what it have to offer and i honestly think that your wrong. the game do offer 3 new class ( WTCC 08, Formula master, US muscle cars race and US muscle cars production ), new tracks, new tracks layout and new tracks texture and i'm just talking about the ones that are just needing the add-on, for those that don't have STCC the game and would go for the Race On bundle, you get another full game which include lots of new cars and tracks.

you all saying thats an old game with an old engine blah blah blah .... now i'll take the FIFA serie, each year they release a new game that offer what ? updated players, updated teams, updated fields, new game interface, sometimes better graphics, they change the game play ( controls ) but in the end each year its the same old game of soccer ( football as the EU call it ) and how much are they charging for nothing new ( thats how i see it ) ? between 60$ and 80$ when they simply could do an update of the previous version and sell it half the price or even less then that but what do you do when the new version is released, you go to the store and buy the game at the big price and whats even more sad is that your all excited about it and all saying what a good buy it is.

i can understand that some people are tight on money ( i am too ) but i fail to understand the ones that are not and say that the price is too high for what it offer when the month before they went and bought NFS Shift at the big price for a game that doesn't have nothing new to offer except for an updated graphic and car physics.

thanks Simbin to bring updates and new content at a low price :good:

• Stirb Iuliu

Well I've finally bought the full package. It is a fair price, nothing to comment here.

But, it would've been better if it had STCC already included for the expansion pack.

Sorry Yves, but i dont agree with your thinking.
I think one of the main problems people are having is the fact that the game costs one price in one side of the world and a totally different price on the other side. 1 Euro = 1.49 U.S. dollars. Now it might not be a huge difference, but explain to me why its there. Especially when Europe seems to be the biggest supporter of this sim. With regards Fifa, i can bet you that if you google it you will see that there are alot of fifa game supporters saying exactly the same. Yes, Race On brings alot to the table with regards new tracks and cars, but thats about it. If the addon cost me 1/10 of my monthly salary (like it does some on this forum) then i too would be upset.
I for one, was just expecting Race On to bring something new, not just mods and tracks. I was hoping for a sneak peak into the future. Do i regret buying Race On, No i dont. Can i speak my mind and tell everybody i was wanting a bit more from it, Yes. Thankfully we all have a right to speak our mind, and in this case we are both right :)

guy's i fail to understand your way of thinking, most of you think that Race On price is a joke, thats its way too much for what it have to offer and i honestly think that your wrong. the game do offer 3 new class ( WTCC 08, Formula master, US muscle cars race and US muscle cars production ), new tracks, new tracks layout and new tracks texture and i'm just talking about the ones that are just needing the add-on, for those that don't have STCC the game and would go for the Race On bundle, you get another full game which include lots of new cars and tracks.

you all saying thats an old game with an old engine blah blah blah .... now i'll take the FIFA serie, each year they release a new game that offer what ? updated players, updated teams, updated fields, new game interface, sometimes better graphics, they change the game play ( controls ) but in the end each year its the same old game of soccer ( football as the EU call it ) and how much are they charging for nothing new ( thats how i see it ) ? between 60$ and 80$ when they simply could do an update of the previous version and sell it half the price or even less then that but what do you do when the new version is released, you go to the store and buy the game at the big price and whats even more sad is that your all excited about it and all saying what a good buy it is.

i can understand that some people are tight on money ( i am too ) but i fail to understand the ones that are not and say that the price is too high for what it offer when the month before they went and bought NFS Shift at the big price for a game that doesn't have nothing new to offer except for an updated graphic and car physics.

thanks Simbin to bring updates and new content at a low price :good:

I fully agree with you. If I had the money I'd bought him.

Thanks Bram :)

So not only does America get the game earlier, they get it cheaper. Surely it should be the same for all (meaning currency values should be worked in). I am lucky enough that my steam works with Dollars, but i can understand why some guys are upset. Does anyone know what the difference will be in box form between the 2 currencies, just out of interest

My problem with the price is it's for a download.

I was intending to do the download purely to be able to take part in Club races here at RD and get the disc version in the new year when it's cheaper as I hate paying for download content. I have all the previous titles on disc including the German imported GTR and Swedish imported STCC so that I can have a box and manual to actually own.

As I've spent a total of around £150 since the release of Race to get the content I have, I'm not happy to pay £18 pounds for just Race On and not have my disc for the collection. I'll still get it as I want to have the content for Club racing here, but for now my "unofficial demo" will have to keep me busy offline.

Amazon will be doing the full DVD package for £25 pounds, but I'll have to miss out on any races the Club has until then.

The £22 for the full package for anyone who hasn't previously owned Race 07 or STCC is an absolute steal, but I was hoping for around £10 max for addon download and pick the disc up in the new year for around £15 costing in total around £25, which I was happy to pay for originally.

Of course none of this would have been a concern if their publishers could have done a joint world wide release instead of leaving the UK to last again. Though I am pleased for you yanks who actually got it early for a change:).

I also think the pricing seems a little strange, but compared to the price I have paid for flight sim expansions, maybe the full Race On deal is low rather than the expansion pack being too expensive.

I am downloading it now, even though the content isn't a strong attraction for me, but hopefully I am helping to keep Simbin profitable and maybe, just maybe, they might do some Aussie content in the future (even some of our Aussie tracks in a track pack would do me). :aus::aus::aus:

After trading the Mini in on some Rally cars in RBR, these cars should be mild by comparison. :fwd2: (William, when do we see you in RBR?? :boink: )

I must say, I was impressed with the Steam download speed, I expected it to take ages but it all went very quickly. Off to have a look at it now.

After trading the Mini in on some Rally cars in RBR, these cars should be mild by comparison. :fwd2: (William, when do we see you in RBR?? :boink: )

I must say, I was impressed with the Steam download speed, I expected it to take ages but it all went very quickly. Off to have a look at it now.

OK, OK, I will get it on its way on monday. I love rally, but after Colin Mcrea rally, and DIRT I am skeptical......even though I have heard RBR is the shizo. :nailbiting:

OK, OK, I will get it on its way on monday. I love rally, but after Colin Mcrea rally, and DIRT I am skeptical......even though I have heard RBR is the shizo. :nailbiting:

Do it William!!! Colin McRae and Dirt to RBR is like Need for Speed Undercover to STCC...

Warren, you have hit below the belt comparing the price to flight sim add ons! I'll probably pick it up soon... :bulgy-eyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back