RACE On released on Steam!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

RACE On Released on Steam
A few moments ago RACE On by SimBin has been released on Steam. If you already have RACE 07, GTR Evolution or STCC – The Game installed you can download the expansion pack that merges beautifully into your excisting content.

New users can download the full game which will bring a wide selection of cars from different racing series: RACE 07, STCC – The Game and the latest RACE On content are all included in one fine bundle that keeps you racing for hours, days and if you are a racing club member at RaceDepartment: even months or years of thrilling online action!

We have opened this release thread at the RACE On forums where you can discuss the latest installment of the Race Series and find purchase links, support and racing events.

Download RACE On directly from Steam here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8780/

About RACE On
RACE On is the only official game of two of the world’s biggest touring car spectacles; the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) and the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC). Not only does RACE On include all the cars and circuits from the 2008 seasons of these championships, it also adds a massive selection of US Muscle cars and circuits to the mix, as well as the 2008 International Formula Master and the 2008 Camaro Cup Challenge.
The full RACE On bundle including RACE 07 and STCC - the Game, introduces the biggest, best and most comprehensive SimBin racing package ever.

• 39 unique car models in 17 different classes
  • 47 tracks including variations
  • Various real life championships including their accurate regulations
  • Multiplayer, up to 25 AI or real players online
  • Ghost racing against your own lap time or against those of your friends

• Andrew Evans

absolute bollocks... i'm not paying £18 for race on when you get race on, stcc and race 07 for £22!.... what about people who've supported the scene all through the previous expansions?... no loyalty towards us at all.... :bleh:

WTF/

Koop RACE On Bundle 29,99€

Omvat: RACE 07, STCC - The Game , RACE On

BUT

Koop RACE On Expansion 24,99€

A bit of a rip-off this way imo. The bundle has a very nice price, but the expansion only should be 5 euro's cheaper..

$25 US for the expansion is totally crazy! I must be an idiot for buying Race07: $19.99 US, STCC expansion: $19.99 US GTR Evo expansion: $19.99 US!! $60 invested already and now they want another $24.99??? No Way!

Forget you Simbin, and STEAM should be ashamed too for supporting such crap! You can find me playing NFS Shift on PS3.

absolute bollocks... i'm not paying £18 for race on when you get race on, stcc and race 07 for £22!.... what about people who've supported the scene all through the previous expansions?... no loyalty towards us at all.... :bleh:

I understand your point but the game is worth it. I love the formula masters and I'm not even an open wheel guy. Nice little improvements through out. You know your gonna get it Andrew.

I admit at first it sounds like a lot for the addon only version, but think about what you get:

1. WTCC 2008 + all the tracks with updated textures (Imola, Oschersleben and Puebla have layout updates) and new track Okayama. 12 "new" tracks.

2. US Muscle cars, race and production versions + Laguna Seca & Road America

3. Formula Master. Worth it for that alone. Simply the best developer-made open wheel cars (that don't require monthly subscription).

It really is a lot of content for an expansion.

I bought the full bundle DVD even though I already had R07 & STCC. It's worth it :)

I have the Steam platform version and I have a question. I already have GTR Evo and Race 07 on Steam, but I would like the bundle because I want to get STCC as well... Can I buy the bundle and have it integrate into my previous installation? Thanks for the help!
Snake

I have the Steam platform version and I have a question. I already have GTR Evo and Race 07 on Steam, but I would like the bundle because I want to get STCC as well... Can I buy the bundle and have it integrate into my previous installation? Thanks for the help!
Snake

Yes. If you buy the bundle through Steam using the same account you have for Race07\Evo, it will integrate with the content you already have installed :)

Snake

It keeps everything the same with all your settings as well. You will now run everything from Race-On like you did with GTR evo.

• leahcim

my best guess is if you buy the expension you only get the Race On new contents, in order to get STCC you will need to buy the Race On bundle to get STCC with it.

That certainly is what it appears to be saying, and the website for race on states a few times the full bundle includes stcc. (Although I imagine some who looked at the cars and tracks info probably thought Race On would include STCC gratis)

I can understand them having a bundle for people who haven't got race 07 at all - indeed, if they threw in GTR Evo, that'd probably worth closer to the price of a full PC game (if you can convince yourself that 2 or 3 expansions to an old game is worth the price of a full game), but to me it seems so pointless to try and grab another £4 for STCC and race 07, it puts me off buying it. Especially given that I've got Race 07 already.

I think the new content by itself is overpriced (Certainly for folk who bought STCC) but if it had included STCC, I could have kidded myself that I was getting 2 expansions and all that content listed on the Race On site.

Still pricey, given that I paid £19.99 for Shift as a download and would expect to pay £25 ish for a full PC game, but at a stretch...

If they'd asked back when they announced this, I'd have given them the £21.99 to not to make this at all, and to do something new instead which could have been worth £30 itself.

That would've been ~£50 worth spending my money on, but I think pricing it this way they've made it a bit too obvious that STCC isn't worth anything, whilst at the same time still making both expansion and bundle appear too expensive for what they are. Quite an achievement....

As ever, it's also that time of year when there are more games to play than money to spend on them, and time to play them all, in any case so it's just too easy to get something else...

• Stirb Iuliu

Ok, the idea is that Race on expansion does not include STCC?

I already have GTR EVO and Race07, so in order to get STCC, I have to buy the whole package for 30 €?

Ok… let me start by adding that I own Race 07, Evo, STCC and now Race ON.

When I first saw/compared the price between Race On (non buddle) and Race On (buddle) I too was "outraged" like many. I Went like a few of the previews posts in this topic: “What?! So… I bought STCC mostly to support SimBin and now they pay me back with a 5€ discount? :(

Than after a few minutes to breathe well, some look around on current games prices and such… I went full 180º and bought it… a full games costs between 40-50€ and many (most) of this 50€ games are totally non interesting to my taste.
To me (my reserve price) 25€ a year for SimBin isn’t that much… and as far as I’m concerned as long as they keep supporting the simulation community I will basically go along with it. Yes I know Race series is somewhat away of a true simulation. As a GTR2/RBR (past) fanatic I’m not entirely happy with race series, but due to the world we live in I think it is a compromise for a company wanting to make a profit… A few questions: “ How many years have we been hearing about rFactor2?“ “Why isn’t done?” “Have they been doing other projects?” “Yes…” “So their recourses are (also) elsewhere… why?This isn’t a rant on ISI… I will buy rFactor2 when (if) it comes out… unless it tunrs out to be a Need for Speed or something of the kind :wink2:
Come on, 25€ (30-35$) is what we spend at a night out… or even less… and we are talking 25€ a year, not a month or a week :wink2:

I don’t want to disrespect people to whom 25€ is allot… now way, I’m somewhat a traveled guy, I’ve seen misery 1st hand and know that even in Europe to some people 25€ can be an important amount money (especially when directed to “entertainment”). To those I just say don’t buy it, this is just a "game renewal" and I bet in 6 months/1 year you can buy it for about 10€ outside of Steam.

Well, just did the post to navigate a bit against the flow… cheers :wink2:

Miguel Martinez said:
Hello,
Race on includes Spa?
Thx
Miguel

In short: No.

leahcim said:
I think the new content by itself is overpriced (Certainly for folk who bought STCC) but if it had included STCC, I could have kidded myself that I was getting 2 expansions and all that content listed on the Race On site.

But if it had included STCC, you would be getting two expansions and all the Race On content. "Kidded myself"? I'm confused as to what you mean... :confused2: Though, I will agree that the addon is overpriced, and SimBin's packaging of addons is... questionable, to say the least.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back