Race Element

Misc Race Element 1.0.8.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Appreciate the access to the config files.
I assume I can change settings to non-selectable values?
(Like laptime HUD to 15 laps instead of only 10?)
This will be handy for the Lambo evo2, because your sliders on the shift indicator HUD don't go low enough
(it's something like 88% early and 94% shift)

Oh, and the tyres HUD doesn't seem to turn off when you stop driving (still displays over other screens)
if the tyre info hud will be visible all huds will be visible.

The sliders itself for HUD config are currently not aware of other settings, glad you found the config files for it. I'll work on it so the sliders in the hud config can actually be aware of other settings, that way you won't have to tinker with them to for example set a custom percentage for the shift indicator hud.

When deleting liveries, are they moved to a Recycle Bin type folder or are they deleted completely? I've deleted a couple through Race Element but nothing shows in Recycle Bin, hence the question.

Thanks.

When deleting liveries, are they moved to a Recycle Bin type folder or are they deleted completely? I've deleted a couple through Race Element but nothing shows in Recycle Bin, hence the question.

Thanks.
1687442832827.png

Haha, I've just been deleting them quickly if I don't want them in the game. Not the best way to do it, I admit!
You can once you have selected a livery, hit `Delete` on the keyboard and then press `Enter instead of right clicking -> Delete and then confirming.

I have personally tagged all the liveries I made myself and that I want to keep from friends.
So if I want to clean up the liveries, I export the ones I tagged and then just delete the entire liveries and customs folder.. then just import the ones I just exported and voila.

You can once you have selected a livery, hit `Delete` on the keyboard and then press `Enter instead of right clicking -> Delete and then confirming.

I have personally tagged all the liveries I made myself and that I want to keep from friends.
So if I want to clean up the liveries, I export the ones I tagged and then just delete the entire liveries and customs folder.. then just import the ones I just exported and voila.

Thanks for the tip :).

I wanted to share a couple of suggestions to enhance the lap timer, which I've found incredibly beneficial:

1. To align with the iRacing experience, I propose that the timer color turns red when time is lost, regardless of the delta being negative. Alternatively, a user-defined light red shade could be used. Similarly, a vibrant shade of green could indicate time gained, even if the pace is slower.
  2. As a delightful visual touch, rounding the ends of the colored bar as well (not only the background) would add an extra dash of eye candy.
Implementing these features would undoubtedly elevate the lap timer to new heights.

Thank you kindly for considering my suggestions. Your attention to these details is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
RiddleTime updated Race Element with a new update entry:

- HUD: Add spectator mode to: Track Corners, Laptime Delta and Current Gear.
- Startup screen now shows version number.

(Since race department asked me to upload less versions, you can find the latest release at github, or just use the auto-updater within the app)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi RiddleTime, are you still working on the unknown car model issue?
View attachment 668778
View attachment 668779
View attachment 668780
Even though I use VR I do use this program for information and setups keep up the good work. :)
I just thought I would let you know what the problem was with the unknown car model.
For some reason the car setup file title was in title case when I changed it all to lower case the car shows up. I must have imported a setup file at some stage and that what has caused the problem so it fixed now. Thought I post it here incase others may have the same issue.

I just thought I would let you know what the problem was with the unknown car model.
For some reason the car setup file title was in title case when I changed it all to lower case the car shows up. I must have imported a setup file at some stage and that what has caused the problem so it fixed now. Thought I post it here incase others may have the same issue.
Thanks! The file name shouldn't matter, but if the property "carName" has been altered manually it would matter.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back