Race Department Forum Racing Season 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a great season, lost my way in the middle and end, but held on through and was able to take third. I've won titles in the simulated careers, but this is right up there for sure. To take my second win, in a McLaren that I created as a homage to that late 90's glory era is fantastic, so very happy to have gotten it, not to mention being at the top of the table with it.
Don't know much about next season, except that I will be there. But to be honest I am expecting to be back to my old ways as witnessed, so it may be a long time before I can grace this high an echelon again. So might as well enjoy the moment being here :D
Cheers everyone!

this went really badly, only one win, so annoyed and i might retire because of it

Official RDFIA Conference
@miki2000milos
@Manolis Sigoulakis, good luck in your escapades away from the track, and we hope to see you back at some point!​
What's the question? :D Thanks anyway :)

Well, I would like to thank everyone I raced against, especially Omer, Rami, Aidan and Jimmy for moderating the series while I raced as well as Ben (Herbert), Florin and Old who were my teammates in this time. I could be back this summer, with my schedule being easier, but at Summer 2016 I will surely be back. Have fun guys!

what a great season, lost my way in the middle and end, but held on through and was able to take third. I've won titles in the simulated careers, but this is right up there for sure. To take my second win, in a McLaren that I created as a homage to that late 90's glory era is fantastic, so very happy to have gotten it, not to mention being at the top of the table with it.
Don't know much about next season, except that I will be there. But to be honest I am expecting to be back to my old ways as witnessed, so it may be a long time before I can grace this high an echelon again. So might as well enjoy the moment being here :D
Cheers everyone!

this went really badly, only one win, so annoyed and i might retire because of it
How to do the spoiler thing :D ?

For everyone else: How did the season go, and how do you think next season will go.

Well, what a great :D, i think I have a lot chances but the others took their chances and I didn't. Well, I hope every season will be great like this year. :p Fantastic :D
I was going to say like this video from 6:10 till end

Well, i am happy about my three wins. Season was ok, but i am a bit surprised that my teammate wasnt as good as before meaning "only" 4th in the team standings.

11388946.jpg

750051d1375691272-996-spoiler-mod-suggestions-big-spoiler.jpg

...Season was horrible. Only 5th in the championship behind a guy who had so much bad luck that he talks about his ruined season. Well, at least he had won the last race which i havent. Horrible season for me i guess.

This post may have some bits of sarcasm in it. But just maybe. If you find it you are allowed to keep it :)

Edit: @Dovi design

• Deleted member 161052

For everyone else: How did the season go, and how do you think next season will go.​
I had almost every race in the Top 15 in every race except for the Dutch GP. These podium finishes were something that I wouldn't expect during this season, but they were something that I expected during this season.

@kedy89, a pretty dominant season for you. Any word on your team for next season?
Can't say much about it, simply because I don't know it yet. Benetton did a great job with the car this season after Renault left, and one option sure is to continue with them. Another would be to bring in my own team. Also can't say anything about the rumour that I'll be teaming up with Lesley, we talked about the possibility once, but that's been it so far.

@miki2000milos Win number 2 has to be sweet. Did you expect Tobi to make a mistake like that?
Well, let's act not-rageful for the first time since I came here:
SH!T I TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE GOT POLE I WAS 1 THOUSAND OFF AN EXTRA 2 POINTS
--
You gotta be happy with a victory. Especially as it is the one to break Tobi's massive win streak, and it's also at the final race, which makes me the last race winner of season 22. Very nice battle against Tobi, in the car we got this season I never would have even thought we would get it our way, as we were battling against a guy who's absolutely dominated the whole season, but Benetton had a few little issues this race, and luckily I was able to capitalise on it.

Overall on the season, this would be the 3rd different series where I end up 4th. 4th place isn't as high as we would have expected, after a brilliant season 21 with some good results in the under-powered Jordan. But I got 2 wins this season compared to none in season 21, and I got the most fastest laps all season, which shows our car potential in races. I had my ups and downs, a lot of downs in the early part of the season but a charging way to end it, denying the complaints I had before Le Mans. I'm happy to lead home at least 1 title, and the only one not taken (or partly taken) by the beast! Tobi.
The guy really had an amazing year, and even though I expected this at the beggining of the season, he totally deserved what he got after all the effort he put (I guess he was refreshing a lot?). Massive, massive congrats to him for probably one of the most, if not the most dominant season ever in the history of Forum Racing (@Benutzername is this true?)

Massive, massive congrats to him for probably one of the most, if not the most dominant season ever in the history of Forum Racing (@Benutzername is this true?)
Well...Depends how you would define dominant.
Without looking at the statistics (so far), i think Niels Pedersen, David Buxton,Garry Pullen, Sebastien Levret and maybe Thomas Hackel might have been similar dominant.

But not sure.... And also hard to compare.

Dominant defined with points, wins,...?

There were different point system, different amount of races,...

Edit: But i think David Buxton had a MASSIVE winstreak somewhere. And something was going on with Lucy Buxton, i think she participated in one race only in FR and got right infront of dominating David.

Well, i am happy about my three wins. Season was ok, but i am a bit surprised that my teammate wasnt as good as before meaning "only" 4th in the team standings.

11388946.jpg

750051d1375691272-996-spoiler-mod-suggestions-big-spoiler.jpg

...Season was horrible. Only 5th in the championship behind a guy who had so much bad luck that he talks about his ruined season. Well, at least he had won the last race which i havent. Horrible season for me i guess.

This post may have some bits of sarcasm in it. But just maybe. If you find it you are allowed to keep it :)

Edit: @Dovi design
This is the funniest post i've seen in a long time :roflmao::laugh:

Kederer most dominant season?

tumblr_mly3flLmwo1qjemo2o1_250.gif

Ok. it was pretty damn good.

But:

grumpy-nope.jpg

Before you proceed reading... Guess on which place in the ranking Tobi has landed and which average the most dominating champion had and who this champion is. (And maybe write it down and say it later on in this thread? Would be intersting i guess)
He had a extraordinary average of 2,95 in 22 Races!

Let's start from the back:

If we take the avg. finish position as indicator for dominance then Diaconescus title in season 20 was least dominant.

P22:
S20, Diaconescu, Avg.: 4,55 - 20 Races

P21:

S17, Godin, Avg.: 4,35 - 20 Races
Intersting fact to Godin in S17: At the first half of the season he only had one win (Race 10, so one race before the half of the season) and no additional podiums resulting in an average of "poor" 6,8. In the second half he had an average of 1,9(!) which brought him the crown. He had 7th wins, one 2nd, one 3rd and one 7th in the second half.

P20:
S14, Hackel, Avg.: 4,24 - 21 Races

P19:
S21, Laad, Avg.: 4,2 - 20 Races

P18:

S12, Broström, Avg.: 3,95 - 21 Races

P17:

S19, Sigoulakis, Avg.: 3,85 - 20 Races

P16:

S16, Vanian, Avg.: 3,62 - 21 Races

P15:

S13, Levret, Avg.: 3,58 - 19 Races

P14:

S15, Chant, Avg.: 3,57 - 21 Races

P13:

S18, Godin, Avg.: 3,3 - 20 Races - Well he would have beaten Tobi's average if he hadnt got one 10th place.

P12:
S11, Hackel, Avg.: 3,2 - 20 Races

S19, Utzer, Avg.: 3,14 - 14 Races (couldnt resist including myself, sorry guys :p But Mano and me had equal points at race 14, after that i went on vacation. Interesting: mano had an average of 3,64 at that point but we had equal points. In the end Mano became champion with 3,85.

P11:

S22, Kederer, Avg.: 2,95 - 22 Races That means he is not even in the top 10! He is 11th. Interesting: On P1-P10 there is every champion from the first ten seasons. There were less participants sometimes, i guess thats one reason - So Tobi's 11th place in the rankng might be a bit better than that.

Top 10:

P10:
S8, Levret, Avg.: 2,76 - 17 Races

P9:
S2, Pullen, Avg.: 2,7 - 10 Races

P8:
S9, Levret, Avg.: 2,63 - 19 Races

P7:
S5, Buxton, Avg.: 2,53 - 19 Races - Incredible strike at the end of the season: Out of the last 8 races he won 7 and got one 2nd place! 6 wins of this were in a row!

P6:

S6, Buxton, Avg.: 2,41 - 17 Races

P5:

S7, Pedersen, Avg.: 2,33, 21 Races - The season was 25 races long but he just participated in 21. Still got champion with over 50 points in front! Due to his missing races his most "finishing in a row" stroke was just 8 races in a row, but these were impressive: 5 wins, 3 2nd places, an Avg.: of 1,375!

P4:
S4, Pullen, Avg.: 2,29 - 17 Races - What a season! He had 7 wins, six 2nd places, two 4th places and two 6th places (which ruined his average kinda) Remember: Godins first half had an average of 6,8 including a win - That was worse than the worst results of Pullen in season 4!

P3:

S3, Pullen, Avg.: 2,13 - 15 Races

P2:
S1, Leeten, Avg.: 2 - 8 Races - Obviously, first season had few participants and was very short - Sounds easy to get this average right? Well... Leeten had 60 points in the standings, the second in the standings had 40 a third less compared to Leeten! More impressive: Leeten didnt participate in two races.

P1:
S10, Hackel, Avg.: 1,95 - 19 Races - Racing legend Hackel strikes again! An average below P2, imagine that! I never could dream of that a second place is BELOW my average. Impressive! 8 wins, six 2nd places, one third place and his worst result: 4th place. Beat that!

Wait, this isn't a real spoiler! :confused:
I went in time, and I was the champion of season 23 with an average on 1,00

But like you said, less participants might be that Tobi's 11th isn't that bad :D
But Hackel still is in front in my eyes. His season 10 had 18 participants which is quite much, too

But Hackel still is in front in my eyes. His season 10 had 18 participants which is quite much, too
But the races only saw like 7 drivers finishing each time, according to the DB. This season had at least 15 drivers finishing each race.

Still happy with my overall 11th, plus only top 4 finishes in the last 15 races. Early season cost me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes