AC Race #6 Championship Abarth/Mazda@Fonteny, Wed 14th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'd rather choose the non-race tracks if I can call them that.
Like Bridgehampton or Highlands long for example.
That's also a nice one.

So we have now the options for the races in between

• short tracks
  • historic/classic tracks
  • road tracks.

I don't know them. Are they available on RaceDepartment?
Yes, i just checked. Surprised you don't know them. You are in for a treat then. Six mods on here but his website will tell the whole story. THR use them a lot, similar to Fat Alfie in terms of atmosphere but not so perfectly finished

Yes, i just checked. Surprised you don't know them. You are in for a treat then. Six mods on here but his website will tell the whole story. THR use them a lot, similar to Fat Alfie in terms of atmosphere but not so perfectly finished
Can you make a selection and post the links from the RaceDepartment download site?

As a Abarth driver I gotta say thanks but no thanks...
With you on that Kimmo - if the races are still an hour long, imo a lap time of (absolute minimum) 1:30 is necessary, preferably 2mins in these cars - example; Assen-size would be a good guide.

Brands Indy, for an hour would be a dizzy experience:confused: and as my local track, Oulton Fosters is sacrilege:devilish:, only the full-fat version is 'Oulton Park':D:p

I think short tracks don't/won/t play to the different characteristics of the cars 'cos there's simply not enough variation in the lap:)

Edit: And as Hank mentioned it, what's a championship without Bridgehampton:inlove: ...and so many N America tracks come to that :)

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I tried the six free mods from his site and I'm quite disappointed in them. Basically all long straights and oval like turns. Very boring with Abarth/Mazda. Probably really suited for classic F3 cars.

Maybe the payed ones are better but I don't want to force participants to spend money on a track that they don't like.
The 60's Eifel Beton is not great but acceptabel. I had that one already because it was available on S.GP.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I tried the six free mods from his site and I'm quite disappointed in them. Basically all long straights and oval like turns. Very boring with Abarth/Mazda. Probably really suited for classic F3 cars.

Maybe the payed ones are better but I don't want to force participants to spend money on a track that they don't like.
The 60's Eifel Beton is not great but acceptabel. I had that one already because it was available on S.GP.
Yes, the paid ones are better Han, but you did not like 60,s Watkins Glen and Hockenheim which are free to use?

Yes, the paid ones are better Han, but you did not like 60,s Watkins Glen and Hockenheim which are free to use?
To be honest, no. I have the 1988 version of Hockenheim which has two chicanes in the long straight, each with a different character. That version is much more suited for the Abarth/Mazda combination.

But I'd like to express my appreciation that you are thinking with me. It would be almost a full time job to check every available mod for AC so these kind of suggestions helps me a lot. I will keep these F3 tracks in mind for maybe a classic F1 race/championship.

To be honest, no. I have the 1988 version of Hockenheim which has two chicanes in the long straight, each with a different character. That version is much more suited for the Abarth/Mazda combination.

But I'd like to express my appreciation that you are thinking with me. It would be almost a full time job to check every available mod for AC so these kind of suggestions helps me a lot. I will keep these F3 tracks in mind for maybe a classic F1 race/championship

But I'd like to express my appreciation that you are thinking with me. It would be almost a full time job to check every available mod for AC so these kind of suggestions helps me a lot. I will keep these F3 tracks in mind for maybe a classic F1 race/championship.
Check out Doublezero. He has 8 tracks on RD, all fantasy but very believable and he has a style that probably ticks all your boxes for whatever combo you want. His tracks are ace in my opinion

Here are my possiblity...

Bridgehampton
Highlands Long
VIR
Watkins Glen
Road America
Black Cat County
Tor Poznam

All fairly long and interesting circuits.
Some great tracks there Colin:thumbsup: If it's 12 rounds, 6 Fat Alfie and 6 other, I'd go for your choice with a couple of changes:

Bridgehampton
VIR
Watkins Glen (Boot)
Road America
Tor Poznam
Calabogie Motorsports Park (full)

Some great tracks there Colin:thumbsup: If it's 12 rounds, 6 Fat Alfie and 6 other, I'd go for your choice with a couple of changes:

Bridgehampton
VIR
Watkins Glen (Boot)
Road America
Tor Poznam
Calabogie Motorsports Park (full)
Actually now we're not limited by S.GP anymore, there's a lot more possible.
Check this list from Breathe. Basically all tracks under Real and Roads&Streets that can be downloaded from RaceDepartment are options.

+1 for those US tracks listed and not just because travel time there is shorter for me vs Europe :roflmao:

Maybe Daytona Road course too?

Also I know you're not talking about the potential group C championship (IMSA GTP), but those same tracks could be good picks. Recreate some vintage IMSA prototype challenge races :)

Last edited:
+1 for those US tracks listed and not just because travel time there is shorter for me vs Europe :roflmao:

Maybe Daytona Road course too?

Also I know you're not talking about the potential group C championship (IMSA GTP), but those same tracks could be good picks. Recreate some vintage IMSA prototype challenge races :)
A shame we cant do vintage Can Am grids on the US tracks. Now that would be a challenge

Oh also, not for these championships, but if were open to tracks off that spreadsheet (or do they still have to be from race department?) Lime Rock Park and Mid-Ohio could be a lot of fun for the mx5 v abarth. That said, not sure the straights are long enough to please the abarth drivers :roflmao::roflmao:
I don't know if other tracks are legal. If I stay with the RD supported tracks (plenty of them) I know that I'm ok.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back