Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
2008-15070-fiat-500-abarth-assetto-corse1.jpg

Mazda-Cup-Car-Review-gear-patrol-slide-1.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For our final race we're moving to France for 25km of the pittoresk countryside of Brassy.

Fonteny is a fictional track based on real roads in the Parc naturel régional du Morvan. The track has almost everything you can think off and is a pleasure to drive. Therefore it's an appropriate last event in this memorable championship.

1670534497045.png

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 BST | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Fonteny, France
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

A little off topic, as I can't share a time update because I don't think I have a clean lap yet :roflmao:, but has anyone else here heard about this paint shop app for assetto corsa via CSP? https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/app-paintshop

Saw this video on it the other day and tried it out and while it's not spitting out 4k skins, you can quickly throw some stuff on a car if you want some custom skins for a track day :)

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_fonteny_11-11-122-22-56-52.jpg

A little off topic, as I can't share a time update because I don't think I have a clean lap yet :roflmao:, but has anyone else here heard about this paint shop app for assetto corsa via CSP? https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/app-paintshop

Saw this video on it the other day and tried it out and while it's not spitting out 4k skins, you can quickly throw some stuff on a car if you want some custom skins for a track day :)

View attachment 623041

I haven't heard of that, thanks, I might take a look.

It was a great race with a happy ending for me. Although I rode alone most of the time, I thought that in the end it might be a matter of seconds again when it comes to placements. And so it was. 30 seconds before the finish line, jumped from 6 to 4. I feel sorry for Colin and Callum.

Great championship, a real trip. I'm very proud of my final placement. When I think about how I started with the Mazda here at the RD races. Mostly been at the end of the field, got a few warnings from @HF2000, and close to despair. But by driving behind, and above all by the race length of one hour, I was able to improve.

I want to thank all drivers. I learned a lot from you. :thumbsup:

Off the pace due to lack of practice and no previous knowledge of the track.

Qualified and raced mid pack, despite a decent start.

Finished the championship P10 which is ok for my first one and I competed in all 6 races.

Congratulations to the podium finishers and to everyone who raced and made the championship so much fun.

Thanks, Han, for organising and for being responsible for creating a great atmosphere for fair racing.

For me a very problematic circuit, I just now find an hour in such difficult circumstances a big ask, plus as I am a dim wit, remembering that the next corner is not flat out seemed to last till the last lap.
But it is all done now and I am so impressed with the pace of, well “all” , it was a very competitive race, just the length of the circuit made for bunches of cars then big gaps.
If I picked one driver then i would have to start to mention every one.
But Han had great pace and all that separated us was just down to mistakes, and the fact whilst following Han got the car completely sideways for many meters in fifth gear and I was very lucky not to have an off.
That was probably all there was in it, if I had visited the scenery he would have got me.:(
Dreading the TVR here.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back