RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Some great close battles going on with Henrik and Pro drifter,i can keep in that mix happy until about lap 6 or 7,then my tyres start to feel a bit iffy,then by lap 8/9 i get the first warning,from then on it rapidly becomes a joke to the end having corner at walking speed or go off.
Good enough start race2,trying desperately to avoid the malarky ahead mainly,then finding some room and getting a place or 2,then take a knock off the track and recover down a bit again,good stuff going on to fight back up a bit,tyres lasted a lap or two longer this race with some pressures tweaks,but still by about lap 10 its not good,im starting to get a bit disillusioned with these FWD WTCC cars in this game now,ive had a few over 10 laps races recently and it always happens now,tyres are not driveable towards the end of races,bring on Caterhams or FBMW please! :D.

enjoyed that... sweating here like a pig though...

the 407 is fun to drive. took me all of practice and quali to get a set up working.

made usual standing starts (bog down or too much spin!) and got swamped towards first corner. Must say very impressed at everyones handling of first laps - think race2 may be slightly more ragged, but all round very good.

race 1 was pretty lonesome would close to 3.5 secs of car in front and pull away to 6 secs from car behind, error then switch the times about. When tyres went 4 laps from end though that was it.

race 2 had company for this. hansje, yunck and myself all similar skill level all dicing for position. much easier to follow than lead the pack. at times habitually following each other into the others accidents. lost hansje (see above post) and crossed line just .3 behind yunck. good respect from all drivers - i hope the other two think the same of me!

• Roy Stevens

Good racing tonight ..race one had good race with rob..got u in the end rob lol.Race 2 had good race with Neil .come 8th in both ..:thumb:

nobody take a stop in lap 6 in the pit for icescream and pretty girls :banana007:(BOXENLUDER)... hmm i wonder why not :D

estoril...i think, this track isn't build for me. first time today on this tyrekiller-track (i didnt find another word)
i had 2 times good starts but cant go the pace from the front and drop back to the end...

nice driving with hans :)

next time i make more adverts on the track for icescrem and so on... hmm a mmorpg for driving, cool idea ^^

Well, I expected the Toledo to be a pig but TBH it was a lot better than expected. Just a bit slow, otherwise quite easy to drive and easy on the tyres.
Missed practice and 10 minutes in qualy again, so I had 20 minutes to learn the track (never driven here before), get used to the car (never drove it before!) and quickly patch up a setup. Only managed 21st on the grid (I think), and didn't expect much from the races, so I was happy with the overall result.

Race 1: I don't know how but I got an amazing start, overtaking 7 or 8 cars straight away! But in the tight left hander in the chicane towards the end of the 1st lap, I tried to overtake Sam Simpson but being so unfamiliar with the track, ended up hitting him and sent both of us off track. Sorry again for that mate!
I let a coule of cars pass as a self-inflicted punishment :D and I was back in 14th position. From then on, drove my usual consistent-but-not-very-quick race. Got the tyres worn message in lap 13, so not too bad. Ended the race a lonely 10th.

Race 2: Start not nearly as good, too much wheelspin, still didn't drop down the order. Really good fight with Sam Simpson, he passed me then managed to get around 3sec ahead, but towards the end of the race supposedly his tyres were getting worn and I could catch back, and we had a good close battle for last couple of laps. Ended 6th (or 5th?)

Great races - loved driving the BMW again!

Qualy: Pretty good and got 7th with a PB of 1:49:0xx - after i had reconnected after i got disconnected by my internet for a few mins.

Race 1: Got a good start in the BMW and got up to 4th place. Jamie chased me hard for a few laps and managed to get past on lap 4 or 5. After this i tried to keep the gap small, and for about 7 laps i kept it around 0.5 to 1 seconds. As the tyres started to go i made a slight mistake at turn 4 and ran wide which made me lose about 1.5 seconds. I got back on the track and tried to catch Jamie, but it was a lost cause as he had great pace throughout the race. Towards the end Andy had some tyre problems and dropped back and first Jamie, then me overtook him. Jamie pulled away a little more and had about a 3 second gap when we finished. Finished in 4th place, which was pretty good going.

Race 2: Started in 5th due to the grid reversal and got an amazing start and got into first before the first corner. I held first around the corner and started to pull a small lead out as the others behind swapped positions. I managed to get a lead of about 8 seconds after 7 or 8 laps and i was pushing the car hard in order to keep this gap. Behind me Henrik was now into second and started to close the gap a little, but i responded and held the gap at around 7.5 seconds for the next 4 or 5 laps. The tyres were starting to go after i had pushed so hard earlier so i made sure that i was quick, but careful in order to not throw away a possible win. I kept driving quick enough to keep a 7 second gap back to second place. Going onto lap 14 Jens let me past on the front straight so i could lap him, so thanks to him for making it easy to get past. I made a little mistake a few corners later and went a bit sideways. Due to this i backed off slightly for the next 2 laps and finished the race in first with a lead of about 6 seconds.

Thanks for the races!

Thanks to the organisers, great event.
Grats to the winners, and podium position winners.
First race, starting 12th on the grid, I missed all the errant cars... eventually finishing 5th. I wasn't close to 4th, and had Gary not been trundling at the end, it would've been 6th at best. Sorry for the ding Gary, doesn't matter what the circumstances were.
Second race, starting 4th on the grid. Yet, even with a good start (still running 4th when we got to the Gancho corner), I was caught by an errant car... lol. Now some way down, after a piddling poor recovery, I got caught behind Jacek. He was amazing at blocking, I did get caught out at a few corners and turned him every time (I waited for him every time too) Sorry again Jacek. And again, no matter the circumstance, there is no excuse.
Eventually, there was a queue building up behind me, and others started to get caught out too. We were piling up in the corners.. they were finding their way past me aswell though... because of the mistakes I was making.
I went way too deep into the Orelha corner, and thought for sure I was running last, when I eventually made it back to the track.. (boot full of shopping.. lol). I eventually came upon Jacek again but this time, kept it a great deal more controlled, As he ran out wide, out of the Gancho corner, I got through (more luck, than good judgement). This took me to 12th, I was fortunate enough to pick up a spot on the final lap, as someone else had difficulties.
What a baptism to Touring Cars, thankyou all for a couple of great races.

• Jacek Kozlowski

great race

It was first time for me racing with alfa gta so i had problems with setup,especially with tyres(as most of fwd drivers in this race).I had really lots of fun it was my third race since i join RD so still got to learn a lot.want to thanks everyone for good,fair driving-wich i think it was(few mistakes happen everywhere when it comes racing...no problem Wee Eck).See You all next time....
p.s.i didnt have mirrors in cam mod that i use,mayby thats why i was so good at blocking in race2.:angel:..
Jacek Kozlowski

Qualifying good, 6th place: racing bad - couldn't put it together and my concentration was not on the race. DNF first race and something like close to last 2nd race after hitting a gta that was sideways in the track early on. Thats how it goes though, was still fun.:)

enjoyed that... sweating here like a pig though...

the 407 is fun to drive. took me all of practice and quali to get a set up working.

made usual standing starts (bog down or too much spin!) and got swamped towards first corner. Must say very impressed at everyones handling of first laps - think race2 may be slightly more ragged, but all round very good.

race 1 was pretty lonesome would close to 3.5 secs of car in front and pull away to 6 secs from car behind, error then switch the times about. When tyres went 4 laps from end though that was it.

race 2 had company for this. hansje, yunck and myself all similar skill level all dicing for position. much easier to follow than lead the pack. at times habitually following each other into the others accidents. lost hansje (see above post) and crossed line just .3 behind yunck. good respect from all drivers - i hope the other two think the same of me!

SAME FEELING :banana031:

It was great fun :D

Hope to see you next time.

Hans ;)

nobody take a stop in lap 6 in the pit for icescream and pretty girls :banana007:(BOXENLUDER)... hmm i wonder why not :D

estoril...i think, this track isn't build for me. first time today on this tyrekiller-track (i didnt find another word)
i had 2 times good starts but cant go the pace from the front and drop back to the end...

nice driving with hans :)

next time i make more adverts on the track for icescrem and so on... hmm a mmorpg for driving, cool idea ^^

Thanks Jens...it was such great fun, loved it :alla:

Normally I drive all alone end of the grid...so :jumping:

Maybe special RACE next time for slower drivers, its not always fun to look in my mirrors all the time...and let those fast guys pass :)

Hans :party0002:

This was a really good event with a pretty much full grid at the start of race 1. Hopefully everyone enjoyed using the older cars.
I took 10th in Qualifying which was ok.
Race 1 I spun Sam Simpson coming out of turn 2 as I got left no room, this put me last pretty much. Spent the rest of the race working my way back up, had a good battle with Neil who was unfamiliar with the track I think as I shot down the outside into t1 under braking as Neil braked early.

Race 2, hoping this time to continue my work up the field, na. I got caught up in a few peoples incidents, including a very quick reaction to Roberts spun GTA. Had a good fight with Robert later later on including some fun at turn 3. Eventually my tyres were gone and I finished ~14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 25.5%