RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was a tough one for me ... am feeling rather rough tonight (cough/cold thing) and the race was very very lonely for me ... in 6th for the majority of it watching the clock between me an Yves or Stuart (figured you were on a 3 x pit strategy so didn't worry too much about losing the odd half a second or so here and there)

I went for a 2 x stopper ... that would have paid off well had I not pitted a couple of laps earlier than I originally intended to ... did it thinking I was OK with fuel and my tyres were suddenly losing the plot big time on me so didn't want to end up in the tyres. On top of this though my feet were going numb (had to physically get up and change seating arrangement for 2nd half of race, but still didn't avoid the numbness - I want my old seat back :disapointed:)

Hit the damn tyres on entry to pit lane to add insult to injury ... so that made the pit stop a bit longer by having to fix the car whilst I was in there :doh:

Rest of race was yeah ... lonely! (sorry for the announcement of this fact mid race, was sadly bored and needed soem relief :))

Too close to the end of the race I realised that I needed to take it steady and see if I could make up just one measly litre of fuel instead of having to do another stop, slowed and layed off the throttle a bit, Hermy got a birthday pressie from me for that one cos I couldn't run at full tilt (and the tyre warnings were going off all over the place which wasn't helping my nerves :D).

As I realised in dismay that I was not gonna save enough fuel, I lost hope and the car and lost it at end of the straight buggering the suspension up (too much looking at screen #2 didn't help at that point either :doh:)

Ended up letting Stuart by with about 2 laps to go as I knew I was damaged and knew I would have to pit anyway ... didn't want to ruin both our 120 mins of hard effort mate :D

Twas a long hard battle with myself tonight, wish I could say I enjoyed it more, but tbh, it was a supremely lonely struggle, ending in a kick in the spuds and needing just 1 litre of fuel to finish my troubles :)

Hope you all had more fun, sounds like it ... and happy birthday again to the Herminator - nice one :thumb:

Thanks Andrew, RD and the boys out there for great racing and gentlemanly conduct ... till the next one:good:

• Andrew Evans

wooooarg! now that's what i call endurance!.... :skywalker:

lovely... some intense and high quality battles with kieran, steven and matt during the first half of the race... close dicey stuff with frequent position changes, dropping back, catching up... i was getting that charade feeling all over again...

unfortunately, just after the first stops we all suffered from a little downhams dilemma... :D... bunched up behind the leaders but we were faster... though, with no way to pull clear of the blue flags... so we're fighting amongst ourselves... whilst looking for a sweet opportunity to get by... and trying not to ruin anyones race... heavy stuff!

as noted above we all had a little chain reaction pile up at t1 and this split us up... after that i drove a mostly solo race with a small tear in my eye about what coulda been :becky:

went for a 2 stopper... felt like i got done slightly with that strategy... but hard working outer tyres were at about 60% at each stop... so prolly couldn'ta managed a 1 stopper...

still, cool event and am glad michael had a good night and we pretty much got a full turn out for the evening... you guys rock heavy!

My tyres were proper buggered, but my setup helped keep it drivable within 1 to 1.5 sec's of my fastest race lap towards the end (until I had to slow for fuel of course :p).

BTW ... I tweaked that setup I posted a fair bit during practice and quali.

The Downham syndrome as it seems to have been named by our man Evans is real tricky and keeps you thinking eh? :D

• Matt Alpeter

So I'm hanging around 1:49 or so with race fuel..is that anywhere near you guys?

Also, is it legal to go left of the double white lines on the back stretch?

Sorry about the nudge on lap 1 Matt, but as you said i came of worse :)

Had a good few fights until around50mins to go i had to pull up like a lame horse.

My left leg was starting to feel very numb i guess due to bad circulation so thought it was best if i pull too the pits and hang up my boots as i could not continue for another 50mins like that to be honest.

Think i need to look at my seating position because anything over an hour is causing me major grief in my right hand and back and tonight my left for some reason hmmm.

Oh well catch you guys in the next one, and it seemed Michael was enjoying himself and that is what is was all about :)

Attachments

• Mini.JPG
    Mini.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 174
1 word : AWESOME.

Started last again with 48ltr and a 1 stop strategy. Spent the first laps giggling at Lewis who was struggling with his wheel (sorry Lewis but it was funny). Then came upto Rhys at the last corner, which I was pretty quick at, was catching him ready to draft down the straight, but he went a little sidways and i dabbed the brake and shook hands with the barrier. Suspension damage was drivable, only slighty off centre with my wheel, so at my pitstop decided not to repair it.

Best pitstop i have ever done, smooth and on the money, went in about 7th (i think) came out somewhere round 12th, but with others having to stop again thought i had a chance of a good finish.

Second half was amazing. I was driving a lot smoother and faster than the first half and worked my way up to 8th. Then probably the best battle i have had here with Paulo, it was quick, clean and very fair. there wer a couple of times i got alongside him at the end of the straight but didn`t have the confidence to make the corner so dropped back into turn 1 and looked for another way past. When it came, again into T1 Paulo was a true gent and gave me enough room to pass, then pushed me all the way for a few laps, before i was able to break way.

With 8 mins to go my tyres were completely goosed and it became harder to stay on track in the corners so thougt i would just keep going and hope to keep my position. Then Lee (cruel luck) ran out of fuel and i was in 6th.

This gave me a little vertigo being so high up but i kept the place to finish 6th. 6th i tell you. 6th. I still can`t beleive it.

It was a fantastic night with good clean and fair racing, the best enduro i have been in, Thanks Guys for a memorable nights racing.

I would like to say Michael should have a birthday every day if it produces races like this.

Thanks Andrew and RD for the event.

Undoubtedly the most enjoyable Mini race so far for me.:dance:
Although i was hit at first stages of the race (again).:(
Quali, as usual, don´t went too well: 17th.
At 3rd lap, was in a top 10 very close battle, when i was pushed,
my car flipped, slip over the roof and only stopped at the short
track layout wall tires, back on track in 22th (3rd time i´ve been hit,
3rd time i drop to 22th):bump2: this number must be a sign....:rapture:
Ofcourse, i know perfectly well that it was unintentional.
But at the time i was sad because it´s the 3rd time in 4 races.:ohwell:
But,in a 2 hours race we must have more carefull, right?
In fact we must have carefull no matter what the race time is.

Anyway, first stint i spent in catching what i lost, was fun due to some
nice fights and always with someone in sight.
Second stint, was a hard and intense scrapp with Bob Miley for almost
55 minutes:fencing: i must say that was very clean, so much time
and we didn´t touch each other for a single time (track layout help that too):high5: very good driving Bob, you were a bit faster than me tho.
It´s my first 7th place, so i´m quite happy, i just saw at race status
that i overtook 38 times. :mod: I was lucky, but really tried hard to recover.

Congrats to Ryan, great pace. :alien: Well done to podium and to all.

Thanks for the event Andrew, wide and long tracks really help
the full grid of Minis having fun. :thumb:

Cheers

p2 in qually :dance2::go-away:

Race:
Calculated abit around and decided to do a 1stop strategy, knowing that it will be riski, lol. With full tank on the starting grid, the start was ok. Tryed to attack Peter but no way to pass. All infront was lighter as I I think, because I was not abel to get the pace of Peter. Gary overtaked me also easyli. Then I made a mistake into T1 and lost positions. Was then on p5 behind Michael. Hold his pace. Then get passed him, trying to push for better laptimes, but no way to get faster. Michael then regained position. Yves then was caming from behind closer. I had then problems to follow Michael he pulled away 3sec. Then the very good fight with Yves started. On the main straight Yves came closer in the slippstream. I defendet my position as much as posible pulling to right as much as possible to get the inside line into T1, and it worked :laugh2:. For a lot of laps the same playing. It was like playing chees, lol. Very funny. And all with no car contact :clap::dance2:. Yves then was able to get pass, but did mistake and I regained position. Also that happened a lot of times. Then I did a little mistake and Yves passes me. All other drivers infront went for pitstop. Only I and Yves on P1 and P2 batteling us nearly in every courner with a traffic jam of a lot of laped minis behind us LOL. The Minis behind us in the traffic jam was on fresh tyres so they was faster, but stuck behind us. I had a good setup that was good to the tyres so even with tyre warnings the balance was ok. Then on exact 1h over the first stop. Fuel was exact for 1h LOL. I on p2 Yves on P1. same lap we 2 went to pits. Yves then with mistake on pit entry and I earned p1 LOL. Pitstop was ok. After pits I pulled away a bit from Yves. Pushed hard and stuck behind Stuard. He defendet his position very good, so It cost me a few laps before I was in the position to overtake. Was also fun there with Stuard :dance2::hug-right:. Then noticed that I'm 55sec behind the leader and was able to drive faster laptimes. Went down to c.a. 52sec to the leader Ryan. He did his pitstop and came out c.a. 10 secs behind me Stuard and Yves. 30min left and I look at my fuel usage and SHOCK. I was burning to much fuel. Had to shift earlyer adn take higher gears to get the fuel usage per lap a bit down. Ryan was flying around the track and passed me easyli. No change to defend position. Gary in the lead, Ryan second and I on p3 with fuel problems. Had 8 sec to Yves. Yves was comming closer and closer. I had to shift early to safe fuel lol. Hard last minutes always the fear of running out of fuel... Then Gary with a pitstop the last laps. earned P2. Finaly I saw the finish line, with exact 0.67l of fuel left OMG :laugh2:
So much fun to drive with you all, especially Yves:hug-right:... thanks
grats to ryan who was very fast and unlucky Gary who had to pit in the last minutes loosing the win there :hug-right:

thx RD and Andrew for setting this up :highfive::beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back