RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Oh dear!! having a great scrap with Yves but then he ran wide at t1 so I tried for the inside but he recovered and had the inside for t2 so I lifted off and got into a bit of a pickle which ended in the tyre wall!! race over :( happy birthday Michael, sorry I wasn't there to see you blow the candles out :) BTW don't forget you have to collect your pension on thursdays now :D thanks to Andrew and RD for setting this up

A late report here (had to leave after race 2 for family)

Race1: I think the best race I had this year! Great moments chasing Abarth's, Jag's and Alfa's. Just backuped the replay and renamed it to 'Never Delete - best race 08' Truly epic! Definitely in love with GTL now - and all you RD clubracers out there :D.

Race 2. Well, in my Elite between those GT40'ies was quite scary sometimes - never looked this much in my mirrors :) Unfortunately when I started the race I quickly noticed I had the wrong setup selected (high gear in Elite is 2-3 sec slower to medium for me). Still had a blast at the start. Practicing those 1 turns on public servers paid off and I had a great escape moment when the silver Merc slipped.

For this second race I offer you these random moments: http://blip.tv/file/1542933

As stated in the description I noticed (after collecting all clips) the sound wasn't recorded. Some setting in Fraps probably, but I didn't feel much for re-recording all clips so I added some tune to capture the feeling.

Hope you enjoy.

I think this was one of the worst races I ever had, and I can only accuse myself for it!:(
Sure I got pole, and had a good run with my 3 stop tactic, expected 3rd, but then after my pit stop I made a stupid mistake, that caused Christian to retire, and I think that was my worst moment ever! Sorry again!

My biggest and most heartfelt apologies to Nigel Atkins. :disapointed: A kerb threw my car sideways, and while trying to correct the spin, I speared straight into you. I take full responsibility for ruining your race. :sorry:

The race didn't end happily for me. I was running 13th, and that same kerb sent me sideways again. Into the wall and Race Over. :(
Other than that, I had fun aplenty. Happy Birthday again to the HERRMANNATOR, thankyou to Andrew and RD for setting the event up and thanks all for a great, clean race! :thumb:

Attachments

• Race_Steam%25202008-12-05%252022-22-10-00.jpg
    Race_Steam%25202008-12-05%252022-22-10-00.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Kieran Mcgeachy

What an enjoyable night

Qualli - 21st/24 with 1.32.7

1st or 2nd lap i was up to 13th i think, spent 20 odd laps battling with matt and andrew sooo much fun guys thank you! Pitted jus after andrew and came out jus after him lol After a few laps i caught up with Steven and Andrew again finding them stuck behind the 3rd and 4th positions, had a another bit of fun for a couple of laps with andrew and steven in front of me battling it out and matt slowly hunting me down. There was a slight bump in 1 of the laps causing Steven to crash and matt being generous and waited a sec or 2 on him, which left me to finish the race in 11th!!

Grats to Ryan and all that finished.

Thanks to RD and Andrew for another cracking night at the mini' s :thumb:

• Matt Crouch

wow... when I took my feet off the pedals at the end of the race, and found I could hardly move my legs, I realised what a monster of a race it was.

Being the longest race I've been in it's hard to remember everything that happened. Back when I was a lad in qualifying I made it around 19th. Was such a small spread of times that it was quite promising for the race.

Start of the race went okay, unfortunately Grant had a bit of a wibble on lap 1 which ended up in the side of me, didn't affect my race but looks like it took quite a bit from him. Ended up racing with Evanses and Kieran and a couple of others for the first 15 laps. Then I arfed off the side of the last corner, having forgot to slow down for it (oops). Ended up with suspension damage but it didn't seem to be noticeable so I never got it repaired. Put me back just behind grant and it continued that way for quite a while.

Pitted at the end of lap 30. Never used manual pit before but I figured I should play it on the safe side. Came out of the pits just behind a big group of us backmarkers queued up behind the front runners :D. I was quite enjoying hanging at the back of the group waiting for the front runners to pit (no idea how far away that was though)....

....Unfortunately at T1 of lap 37, having looked at the replay, we had a chain reaction... Steven (I think) and Andrew, unbeknownst to me, had a small bump, leading to Kieran having a small bump behind them, and having missed the first bump I ended up in Kieran's rear end when he lost speed in front of me. Sorry for that, just reacted too slowly to what had happened. :(. Got back on track after stalling the car and continued on not far behind Kieran.

Some time around here I was running down the pit straight and my back was starting to ache, so I leant back to stretch, but I had made the stupid mistake of leaving my mouse directly behind me. Clicked off onto the second monitor and minimized the game :shock: luckily whoever was behind me was quite a way off. So I just slowed down hoping I hadn't reached the end of the straight yet until I could click back on. Lost about 5 seconds in total - pretty lucky not to lose a lot more.

Caught back up to Kieran and I could see he was taking T1 sideways pretty much every lap, and after a few laps I had a good exit to the final turn, leaving us level on the straight, so I took the opportunity to get past.

Pitted again lap 59-ish. Ended up in 10th behind just behind Gary (two laps down of course, since he was in first place) for most of the rest of the race. Stuart who was a position up in 9th was coming up a lap ahead of me and I let him past, then was surprised to see Gary pit on one of the last laps :shock:

on the penultimate lap I decided to do a repeat of my lap 15 incident after forgetting to slow for the final corner again, but no effect on the outcome :)

Last person to cross the line (always seem to be for some reason), finished in 10th. Although it was quite hard to concentrate with everyone talking over my lap. I nearly crashed into the pit wall on the final straight as someone had typed "congrats to all who finished" and I was going to reply "I might not finish if you keep talking :p" ;) Thankyou to whoever said shh

Had some good races going on for quite a few laps. Very good track and event. Very happy to have made it to the finish line. Congrats to everyone who finished, and everyone who didn't I guess :p
Thanks for the race,
Happy day after herrmannator day :D

Thank you very much for your time and efforts there Kris,excellent movie,and as Warren said,the choice of music...?? oh man! Perfection!!!.
C,mon you other movie makers,still plenty of quality material for yas there to get busy with?,Kris has set the bar nice and high for starters! :D.

That was brilliant fun - much better than the 80 minute races I thought.

Quali - such a close track times-wise. The top 16 were covered by a second. I qualified third (fluffed the middle sector) but with just .085 covering the top 4 I wasn't disappointed and we were in for a close race.

Race - memory of the start is a little hazy, but I got off the line slowly. I'd been messing with first gear during practice and left it too long for the start. Anyway, Yves and Gary both got past me. I almost got hung out around T1 but managed to find a gap to slot back into line.

Into Lap 2 T1 I think I had a good slipstream on Yves and birthday boy Hermmannator had a good run on me also. I went to the inside of Yves and Hermy went to the inside of me. They both braked too late and I was able to pass Yves on the exit of the corner. I set off after Daniel who gifted me the place after I had closed right up by running into the gravel in T1.

I then set off after Peter and Gary. The pace was relentless, I was able to close to within 2.5 seconds of them but not much further. Peter then began to slowly eke out a lead of around 4 seconds over Gary and 6 over me. The reason for this became clear when he pitted on Lap 20, 7/8 laps before I was scheduled to.

I closed right up behind Gary just before my pitstop, again I was lighter on fuel than him though so this would have contributed. I could have carried on for a lap or two with the fuel I had but decide against getting into a battle with Gary and pitted on schedule.

I bloody forgot to request the pitstop so I wasted 5 seconds there waiting, and came out 55 seconds behind Gary, I was in 10th I think. After Gary had pitted 8 minutes before the hour mark I was just 9 seconds ahead of him - not enough if he was one stopping. Despite me pushing like crazy his fresh tyres allowed him to close to within 7 seconds of me before my second stop. By this point I believed I'd blown it by choosing the wrong strategy. A few seconds later that feeling was reinforced as I overshot the pit entrance and damaged my suspension, overall costing 14 seconds of precious time. At least I'd managed to request this stop :p. I rejoined 57 seconds behind Gary.

I was able to catch Gary at around 1.4/5 seconds a lap but it wasn't going to be enough. I kept plugging away however, my main aim was to bring the gap to below 20 seconds to retain some respectability. This I achieved with 4 minutes to go. Even more joyously for me, Gary had had to pit just 4 minutes from the end (I presume for fuel), gifting me the win.

One amusing moment saw me take to the tarmac runoff in a bid to avoid Stuart while catching him with fresh tyres. Wouldn't have been amusing if I had hit him though! Sorry Yves for the little alongside rub a lap before that - I squeezed down the inside on the exit of the final turn. I thought I'd left enough room - maybe I hadn't or maybe you couldn't see me? Anyway, sorry if it affected you significantly - it didn't seem to though.

Grats to Yves and Dan for their podium places and thanks to Andrew and RD for making the event possible - most of all Happy Birthday to you Michael!!! :D
cpt629884515.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play