RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Noble

no lol in the game? which u click on and then enter password and choose car and so on.

I am getting a nice empty list so cant connect which is odd

Well what a shambles for my return to racing.
I had no trouble at all practicing on the server with a few guys during the afternoon, but come race time, it was hopeless. Nothing but problems.
First up. I had graphical glitches with another car on top of mine in the pit bay. Rebooted everything and got back in, but just kept getting disconnections (as seemed to be the case for others too). So spent the whole of practice reconnecting. During Qualy, my PC froze completely, so a complete reset of the PC to get out of the game.
Managed to join just before race time, so started at the back with fingers crossed.
As soon as the race started, everyone was lagging hugely. I lasted about 2 turns with everyone jumping all over the place, and eventually it disconnected.

I apologise to anyone I might have hit at the start, but there were cars jumping back and forth everywhere for me.

Oh well, I still haven't had a race with these GT cars yet. :pissed-off:

It was a nice feeling to race again with you guys, although did not had chance against the RWD UFO-s :)
Qualy: i think 4th or stg with 2:01.2, felt happy with default setup and no practise at all (hm, ok, wings i lowered to 7 now as i remember lol)

Race 1: not too bad, quite clean, at the end 5th

Race 2: could not expect that Yves will get off the start line sideways across the track in front of me loooool bang to the wall, suspension damage, struggle back to pit, 40 sec repair, back to last, where i ended at the end.

c u next time guys.

• Chris Rodgers

Thanks guys, that was fun. Did about 12 laps practise to try out the different cars, since I hadn't tried the class yet, best was a 2:03 which I figured would be about 2 secs off the pace...showed up just before qualy and saw at least one guy with a 1:58 against his name :O

So I figured I'd try to stay out of trouble and get some laps in the news cars and on the new track (well I do vaguely remember it from GT Legends). Ended up shadowing Wally Masterton for pretty much the whole race, that was quite fun to see where his Spyker was strong/weak relative to my Corvette, didn't have enough pace or confidence to think about passing though so was left waiting for a mistake that didn't come - good work Wally :)

2nd race was a little messier - managed to avoid a car facing the wrong way on the start straight, picked my way through a couple of early altercations but then got involved (caused?) one later on the first lap when I hit Ian Beech about the same time I took a hit from behind. Wasn't sure if I was at fault but stayed well out of the way until everyone including Ian rejoined...I passed you about half a lap later though Ian, so I hope that wasn't a sign you were nursing car damage? Sorry if so. Just plodded along steadily from there, picked off a slightly slower BMW and was closing on Gunthar who gifted 11th place to me when he got the chicane wrong on the 2nd to last lap - bad luck dude :O

See you all next week :)

Qualification: 9th with exactly the same time that David Lemon had ahead of me!:)
Race1: OK race, in the first few corners I recieved some hits, but then it was ok. In lap 3 Bram arrived at me, and I so much concentrated on mirrors that I made a mistake in the esses:D Not much later he spun and I took back 9th. After that I had a great fight with Herwin for 8th, that lasted until the 10th lap where I made a mistake in the esses! Really great race however!
Race 2 was a bit more complicated! Sorry Bram for crossing your way at start! I really got the start well, and saw Daniel going outside, and tried to pass him! But then he lagged and was about 0,5-1m-s closer, and there wasn't enough time for me to react! Then I lost conrtol and spun. After that in first lap, there was Ian Beech and Chris Rodgins going in front of me, and Christian Deparis behind me! I saw that Chris touched Ian, and Ian spun, tried to avoid them, but Christian behind be also came like a rocket, hit Chris, and his car spun into mine, and then I moved into Ian's car! Sorry for that if it caused more problem! After that I had no problem, had a great fight to defend my 9th position, which I lost again in the esses! After that in the next lap I spun, but fortunately there was enough gap to hold 10th position.

So now I'm happy with 2 top 10 finishes after a top 10 quali. Nice races!

Race 1: Watching the replay, I think I might have hit Mtommi in the 1st hairpin. Sorry if I did - I didn't notice it in the race. I spent most of the race just keeping people off - first Rafael for heaps of laps with him on my bumper - good driving Rafael, you didn't hit me once. But then I spun after clipping the grass, and then it was Chris Rodgers' turn to hassle me for the second half. Good driving :)

Race 2: Erk, on lap 1 I got hooked up on a kerb and flew across the grass to rejoin on the track but got a stop/go for my efforts. After that, I was pretty much circulating around by myself, so boooooring.

The Spyker was a bit of a handful - quite unstable. Maybe I messed around with the setup too much, so yes Chris, it would have been fun to watch from behind :)

But the races were fun... quite intense keeping the car on the straight and narrow. I'm a lot worse at these GT type cars - I don't quite push them hard enough into the corners or something. Or I trailbrake too much... dunno. But change is good.

Just plodded along steadily from there, picked off a slightly slower BMW and was closing on Gunthar who gifted 11th place to me when he got the chicane wrong on the 2nd to last lap - bad luck dude :O

I was gutted!!! and stuffed my wing too on that one...

Qual'd 17th all good

Race 1 clean to 10th

Race 2 clean, go to 5th, then lost it into the back straight, dropped to 8th, then to 10th and finally 12...

had little cars these, but great fun and great racing from all from my from window...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back