RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

ops Dave:rolleyes:

First time for me with this cars but I know a bit Mid Ohio many laps with rF and F1 93 /94 ......:D
not bad result finish the race and have some nice fight, I tried to catch Dennis but I lost a bit too the car result 10sec go away is too to recover:sick: only at last 2miles:mad::D i met Dennis but really too late anyhoo nice event:thumbsup:

Congratulations All participants and Dennis more RD for event;)

Great race today, I really enjoyed it.

But... :cool: I messed my setup files and when we were qualifying I used my race setup and when the race started I used my qualifying setup! That's why my engine overheated and caused the holywood like smoke coming out of my car.

This forced me to decrease the throttle when the turns were tight (to cool my engine and stop hearing the annoying guy saying "Your engine is overheating" again and again:mad:) which made me lost time. That's how my race went. :confused:

After the race finished I think someone told me in chat to give him my setup file. (I am not sure if he referred to my setup) I'm sorry but I don't remember his name but if I'm right and you still want it, PM me.:)

P.S.;
By the way, Dennis, a big thanks for answering about the rules . You were very clear and understood as always. This made me see things in a different and more clear way.
Mid-Ohio was a very good choice and one of my favorite tracks.
Thank you and the RD staff for organizing these races. Looking forward for the Mini race. :)

I ran a good number of laps yesterday with Michel, Chris, Paul and others.It was time well spent as I worked out bugs in a good car to make it better. We were all there so long I even got to run in traffic and find out how it handled in those conditions.

Q: It was a fast car, not in top speed but in quick around the track. It stuck like glue and cornered without any grief. I put in a lap using race fuel that was way too fast and put me too high on the grid. I tried to DQ myself for a better position but it didn't work so I exited and came back in. Happy me, last on the grid!

Race: Overall it was a very uneventful race but lots of fun. I got to drive and drive.....
I never tried to pass anyone yet I kept moving up in the listing. I didn't try anything adventurous though my laptimes continued to fall until late in the race. In practice while on TS I had told drivers that trying to go fast was just plain wrong here and it worked for me in sooooo many places around the course, balance. Consistency was all I was looking for.

I was running a rear wing of 13, can't remember the front and I think my top speed was about 5-7kph under the highest I saw. I don't think the straights were that important with so many corners yet it looked like so many were running little wing.

Every time we run this track we get a good turnout, that;s to all that love it. For real drivers in the USA running as amateur racers this is the track that was used to determine the National Championship for each class from 1994-2005 and will be used again in 2016. It also has a great history with Indycar's and AMA motorcycle racing.

Thanks to all of you for coming out for the event and since half the field was lost this time, I hope you have better luck next time!

@Valerio Vinassa , on one of the last laps, coming out of the keyhole to the back straight in 4th gear my screen went black as my video card froze the PC. I stomped on the brakes and hit some keys to get out and back, found myself sitting in the middle of the straight , stopped in 4th gear[!] as I hoped I might. As I Was shifting down to start up I got passed but got going before you showed up :)

WTCC07CLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
Track: Watkins Glen GP [download here]
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification [superpole]
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. -Björn Golda
  3. -Peter Ell
  4. -Nelson Ullinskey
  5. -Daniel Linder
  6. -Filip Carlén
  7. -Radovan Nevriva
  8. -Gundars Brigis
  9. -Janko Balej
  10. -Arunas Linkevicius
  11. -Michael van Scheppingen
  12. -Reggie Blain
  13. -Reggie Blain Snr
  14. -Dan ONeill
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
969365Formula3000flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM f300
Car: F3000
Track: Watkins Glen GP [download here]
Weather:
Dry

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Alex Odell
  3. -Belet Michel
  4. -Robert Covey
  5. -Björn Golda
  6. -Reggie Blain
  7. -Reggie Blain Snr
  8. -David Kingshott
  9. -Damien Rouchon
  10. -Stig Bidstrup
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Watkins Glen NASCAR [download here]
Weather:
Dry

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. -Nelson Ullinskey
  3. -Radovan Nevriva
  4. -David Kingshott
  5. -Filip Carlén
  6. -Björn Golda
  7. - Arunas Linkevicius
  8. -Robert Covey
  9. -Lewis Fergusson
  10. -Oscar Gustafsson
  11. -Campbell Wallis
  12. -Janko Balej
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Quali: Pulled a time from... somewhere... to line up 4th :)
Race: These cars are not easy to get off the line, but only lost one position. Stuck my nose inside someone(?) into Keyhole; guess he wasn't expecting it, as he turned into me. Oh well; neither of us lost a significant amount of time. Then on lap 7, I tried to pass @Joe Cannarozzo at the end of the back straight, way too late, and nerfed the tyre wall, damaging my suspension (really?). Thankfully it was within the pit window. Spent most of the rest of the race just hotlapping, until I found Joe chasing me down at the end after the pitstops put me back in 4th, which I held onto.

Makes up for last night, at least :D

Last edited:
The more you race the better your cars get! Mine was fun to drive today.

I put one lap in on race fuel to quali and I liked the time so I took it.

Other than a nervous moment with Oscar at the chicane on L1 it was just lapping at race speed. Fr a while I thought that Joe had pitted and it looked from the time lost that he only took two tires so I had to stay on the ball until I went in. But then, I saw him in the pit with me and knew he had been tooling around in the grass somewhere.

Thanks to all for showing up and grat's to Nelson and Peter for showing us real speed! This was a good show as we only lost one driver through the whole race!

It was a good race !

Didn't practise and I hadn't set up for the race, strangely I think I did well in race, trying not to make a big gap from Nelson Ullinskey which was a bit faster.
In 2nd place, I had no fights for my position and none to push me. Unfortunately this was the only bad in the race, the good thing was that I had to hunt Nelson, trying to decrease the distance between me and him!

You all did a good job, guys !
Nelson it was nice running with you, see you next time.

P.S.;
1) As long as I drive in RD races the more I realize how enjoyable and intresting is the RD Race 07 club.
2) Mid-ohio (chicane) it's not just a good track, it's a DREAM track, thanks Dennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 132 71.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 35 18.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 38 20.4%