1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Watkins Glen NASCAR, Friday, 12 September 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Watkins Glen NASCAR [download here]
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. -Nelson Ullinskey
    3. -Radovan Nevriva
    4. -David Kingshott
    5. -Filip Carlén
    6. -Björn Golda
    7. - Arunas Linkevicius
    8. -Robert Covey
    9. -Lewis Fergusson
    10. -Oscar Gustafsson
    11. -Campbell Wallis
    12. -Janko Balej
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. Hallo Dennis . I have asked to permission for wttc race at tomorrow but I would like to sign up here too please.
  3. Hi Dennis please can you sign me in for this race. Thank you
  4. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium Member

Im in!
  5. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Got quite a schedule for Friday, but I should be able to make it - sign me up :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in (maybe)
  7. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

I'm 50/50 for this
  8. First race for a long time, I'm in. :)
  9. sign me up pls !
  10. it was fun last friday sign me up:p
  11. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

I should be there.
  12. Sign me up please. I'll behave:).
  13. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Hey, I'm sorry I was unable to attend the other races but my internet crashed for 2 days. I got a new modem and now I'm back. Sign me up for this one. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

PSA: Someone named "Slingers" (please change your name :)) is constantly getting booted because of a mismatch on the track's gdb file - you might wanna try re-downloading the track :)
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

David, same for you, mismatch "nawatkinsglen.gdb"
  16. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

Huge apologies to Istvan for clumsily punting you off at turn 1. Entirely my fault.

It was a bit of a recovery drive from there. I spent most of the race on my own, pitting when I crashed at the penultimate corner just before half distance, and only had one real battle with @Dennis Phelan towards the end, which I lost when I got too preoccupied looking back I missed a braking point.

Not my greatest showing.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Well Campbell, mine was even worse!

I had a very reliable car, managed to bypass all the cars on L1 and stupidly decided to get into a bash with Bjorn. I kinda let him by in T1 so I could run behind him and being stupid decided to go for it at the entrance to the chicane which got me a punctured RF tire and, AND I got to bounce back on the track and collect I think, Radovan. Last and a premature pitstop wasn't enough for my Stupidity as I rolled into the pit at 90kph to collect a SnG!

At least my regular pit stop went well and I was able to chase down Campbell instead of just hanging out.

The only thing I didn't do wrong was cut the chicane out!

Next week has to be better!

Thanks to all, even the late signups and almost didn't make it's.
    Too bad for the guys that missed the start, you missed a mess, lol!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. is not a problem, it's just a game ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  19. I was not in pit. I forget. Sorry. Now I see 1 pit was mandatory. I did not read rules correctly. I have to see replay what I did wrong. In last few turnings I had not fuel. 31 L is not enough.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Unfortunately, I missed the 2 last races. :(

In the WTCC race, when we were qualifying I couldn't see the lap times. Before I even realized what had happened my internet crashed and kicked me out from the game.:cry: I didn't try to join the F3000 race because, I didn't trust my internet connection and if something happened it would probably cause an accident with someone else. As I guessed, my modem device was broken, so as long as I hadn't a new modem, I lost the 2 last races. I got the new modem today:thumbsup: and my Internet was back again with no problems and... there I was .:)

About today's event.

Qualifying; I always made mistakes in the last turn and that made me to lose 1 second from my actual time.

Race; The only thing I could do to enjoy the race from P1, is to make the gap as big as I could from the P2. :) Focusing and trying not to make mistakes was my enjoyment in this race.

As always thanks Dennis for making this race possible for us to enjoy.

See you next time, guys.;)
    • Like Like x 2