RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Gavin Hendley - Unfortunately, post-Quals joining isn't possible, yeah - but there's always next time :)

Although Istanbul indeed turned out to be a tough track to learn, I got kind of quick through the practice sessions and was actually quite consistent, as well.
Still, I chose to qualify with race fuel - maybe I shouldn't have done that as I still managed to grab P3 :D
Started okay, kept P3 through the first few corners and while Radek and Nelson were slowly pulling away, I had a nice battle with Stig - he finally passed me and opened a small gap until reaching Nelson - battling each other, they lost some time and I got closer again.
Unfortunately. as they went into T9/10, they kind of slowed down quite a bit and to avoid hitting Stig, I had to go offroad - lost control of the car, spun around and fell back behind Andreas who was lurking behind as well as Mark - however, after regaining my concentration, I closed the small gap to Mark and we got a nice battle going - a tap or two, but nothing too harsh, good fun. I managed to pass him starting the last lap but he (almost) went out of fuel soon afterwards and had to slow down.

Good fun guys, thanks for racing & see you next time :)

EDIT(S):
Almost forgot, a big thank you goes to Dennis for his setup - easily made me 1sec faster :)

Even better, it was great to see yet another influx of new drivers joining, especially as most of them even joined TS as well :)
Maybe we'll reach 100% TS attendance again? Join now for fun, setup hints, a glimpse at next week's event and, if you're lucky, dogs barking! :D

Last edited:
BsNdRGSCMAI_wrq.jpg:large

Epic début fail!

I spent all of practice and qualifying trying to find a set-up which would settle the car on the downhill show corners and never succeeded. Eventually threw on the stock SimBin setup hoping it couldn't be any worse, which in fairness it wasn't.

In the race, I spun in turn 1, then at turn 5 a lap later which collected Rob (sorry about that, not much I could do there). I eventually settled into a rhythm and was on about the same pace as Michel ahead when I celebrated my personal best lap by stuffing it into the wall at turn 1. I had fun though, and it was good to be racing with a different group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back